38 replies to this topic

#1 AntiBuc

AntiBuc

It ain't what it was

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm not much of an expert on discerning reliable vs. unreliable reporting but I came across this article today from Cat Scratch Reader about camp battles and it raises some questions about Beason's presumed move to strongside LB.

"Now that Beason is still being limited by his injury and rumors he may not want to move over there anyway I think the job is wide open."

This raises doubts about Beason's readiness and his willingness to play strongside?  Hadn't heard that before...anyone heard anything to corroborate that?

Here's a link to the article - http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/5/22/4355128/an-early-look-at-panthers-top-5-position-battles

#2 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Meh I think he will go to WLB and Davis will play SLB. Beason would be a liability as a Sam.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Where are these rumors coming from? He's said time after time that he is willing to do whatever he can to make the team better.

It sounds like an attention ***** wrote this article.

Typical an inferior site member...

Where does Dator find these guys?

#4 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

I thought they already said he's playing weakside.

#5 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Beason said he was going to play weakside.  Not sure if that was just him talking or he knew it as fact.

#6 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

WTF?

#7 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

More an inferior site rubbish. I read another article there this morning that seemed to be a poor attempt at humor that was just a big rip on Cam. A bunch of commenters took it serious and one of the an inferior site cronies commented that it was satire. It was obviously not intended to be taken literally but it was a terrible attempt at satire.

#8 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Anderson Russell? No mention of DJ Campbell at SS.

#9 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Yeah, pretty sure Beas has been saying WLB the whole time. Never heard strong side even come up.

#10 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

When the huddle crashed a little while ago (may have been during the draft, I don't remember) I went to an inferior site for the first time and saw someone talking about how they get an influx of people from here whenever this site crashes because of the shitty servers used here. I was thinking, if we were in a bar right now I'd punch this guy in the throat. Carolinahuddle.com is my site you basic bitch. I then felt like kind of a nerd for even thinking twice about defending a website I frequent against non-huddlers. I live a sad life.

/endrage

#11 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,446 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

an inferior site is awful in a variety of different ways.

#12 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,716 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Beason wasn't all that good at WLB in 2010 either. I'm not overly enthused about moving TD from the spot where he's flourished to make room for a guy who wasn't nearly as good when he played there, but camp will tell the story.

#13 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Obviously you have to put Keek and Beason where they play the best, being the two best LB's. Davis can do w/e the team needs him to do, not like he is an investment or anything. IMO, Davis isn't going to see much time on field, there will be a LB that steps up and take a lot of reps away from him.

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Obviously you have to put Keek and Beason where they play the best, being the two best LB's. Davis can do w/e the team needs him to do, not like he is an investment or anything. IMO, Davis isn't going to see much time on field, there will be a LB that steps up and take a lot of reps away from him.

If Davis's knees hold up, there's no linebacker on our roster that will take snaps from him. He's an absolute monster.

#15 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,284 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Beason wasn't all that good at WLB in 2010 either. I'm not overly enthused about moving TD from the spot where he's flourished to make room for a guy who wasn't nearly as good when he played there, but camp will tell the story.

Beason was quite solid at Will in 2010 from what I remember. I think he's better off there as opposed to Sam. Davis is bigger and more athletic anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com