38 replies to this topic

#16 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,638 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Obviously you have to put Keek and Beason where they play the best, being the two best LB's. Davis can do w/e the team needs him to do, not like he is an investment or anything. IMO, Davis isn't going to see much time on field, there will be a LB that steps up and take a lot of reps away from him.

?????

Davis is amazing at what he does what are you talking about?

#17 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

I found the article on CBS that portrays Beason as selfish and not a team player based on him no restructuring.

Joe Person (take it for what you will) has indicated that Beason has not been approached to restructure, so my question is why would a player just give up millions of dollars without being asked?

That's just being foolish.

Regardless, Beason has stated that he is willing to do whatever it takes to make the team better.

#18 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,640 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Beason wasn't all that good at WLB in 2010 either. I'm not overly enthused about moving TD from the spot where he's flourished to make room for a guy who wasn't nearly as good when he played there, but camp will tell the story.

A healthy TD > healthy Beason at WLB....and Beason admits it

#19 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yep.  Davis was an absolute beast at WLB in Meeks' Tampa 2 style defense in 2009.  He looked great last year too and I think should be even better this year.  Now it comes down to, how much of a downgrade is it to put Beason at SLB and how well can Davis play there?

#20 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Ive said it for a while, i think Beason would make an outstanding strongside backer. Hes easily the best stack and shed linebacker and the one that is better fit to take on blocks. I think keeping Kuechly and Davis where they are would be the best move. Beason can still make plays at Sam. Look at Anderson for proof of that. He led the team in tackles and had set the franchise record for tackles in a season at Sam. And he was arguably playing out of position as well (better wlb likely).

#21 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

TD makes a better Sam than Beason. Id feel much better with TD covering the TEs than Beason.

#22 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,241 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

?????

Davis is amazing at what he does what are you talking about?

Obviously meth is a helluva drug.

#23 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

A healthy TD > healthy Beason at SLB.

This is also true.

#24 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,241 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Remember like the six games in a row that Michael Vick beat our ass.

And then we drafted Thomas Davis.

And that SOB was like Vick's vapor rub, cus all of a sudden Vick didnt make me so sick.

#25 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

I say we signed James anderson back, and move T.D to Safety ftw

#26 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

When the huddle crashed a little while ago (may have been during the draft, I don't remember) I went to an inferior site for the first time and saw someone talking about how they get an influx of people from here whenever this site crashes because of the shitty servers used here. I was thinking, if we were in a bar right now I'd punch this guy in the throat. Carolinahuddle.com is my site you basic bitch. I then felt like kind of a nerd for even thinking twice about defending a website I frequent against non-huddlers. I live a sad life.

/endrage

Zod should have got the roid upgrade for the server rodents. That way even if the servers went down he could have released angry roid craving rodents on an inferior site.

#27 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Davis could easily have landed in the HOF if Fox let him work at one position and wasn't forced to go through an uphill battle no NFL player has ever experienced.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,724 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

the carolina huddle dot com is to nfl.com as cat scratch reader is to yahoo sports

#29 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

It was written by Jaxon. Dont be talking about Jaxon like that, Phil. Jaxon has been a user of SBNation for weeks now, he's obviously an expert.

#30 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

TBH, I don't expect Beason to be a Panther past this season so it's not really a big deal to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com