Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quitting Smoking tomorrow after 6 years.

92 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm fighting still, you?

Yep, today was pretty rough. But i made it through. I had some insane urges to smoke today. I read somewhere day 3 is the worse. Hopefully so. Nicotine should be out of my body completely by tomorrow, so i'm pretty stoked. Already breathe, smell and taste better. Crazy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, caving in was tempting today, Hopefully tomorrow will be easier

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure how accurate this is, but I remember reading somewhere that after approximately 7 years your lungs will be completely healed and as if you had never smoked to begin with. Something to look forward to.

Posted

I'm looking forward to not paying $5+ a pack.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm looking forward to not paying $5+ a pack.

I'm not sure if this will help you, but whenever i'm at home and craving a cig. I go outside and I throw a baseball up in the air until the craving passes. Sounds dumb but it has helped me a lot.

Posted

Going outside might make it worse. I didn't smoke in the house and several of my neighbors sit on their porches and smoke. Thanks for the suggestion

Posted

Going outside might make it worse. I didn't smoke in the house and several of my neighbors sit on their porches and smoke. Thanks for the suggestion

I used Floppin's advice. I put myself in my trigger situations and didn't smoke. It will make me forget about cigs faster. I went out to the bars this weekend, I drove around, I sat outside on my front porch for long durations.  I just want to be completely over them, I don't wanna not do things because there will be smokers around.

1 person likes this

Posted

In an hour and a half It'll be a full week for me.

Trust me guys this is a long journey. Like I mentioned earlier I made it 3 weeks a couple months back and caved when the stress reached a boiling point (lost $2300 over some b.s. at work).  

Just don't ever cave and say I am having just 1. (Remember you never want to go through this torturous detox again!!)

Remember those things stink to hell to non-smokers which you will soon find out if you haven't already.

Stay strong and keep a pack of gum handy for the next couple weeks.

2 people like this

Posted

I want to put myself in the position to decline smoking because I've come to far.

Posted

today I also begin my journey of getting rid of my 20 year habit...I'm smoking Blu E Cigs and man these are great they taste like coffee.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ive had this on my mind for a while. Im 22 and ive been smokingfor 6 years. I am joining the quitters club tonight at midnight.

has anyone tried e-ciggarettes?

I have a friend who has used them....never thought she would quit, but has been successful with the e cig.  Her recommendation...buy quality...do not get the cheapos at conv stores.

Most of the people I know who have quit have done so cold turkey. Most resorted to cold turkey after other means failed.

Besides the above...know someone who quit using Chantix. They were a very long term smoker.  No matter what you use, you have to have some motivation.  Nothing wrong with using a tool that helps you reach your goal.

1 person likes this

Posted

today I also begin my journey of getting rid of my 20 year habit...I'm smoking Blu E Cigs and man these are great they taste like coffee.

Good on you, maybe we can start something special here.

1 person likes this