Photo
- - - - -

Quitting Smoking tomorrow after 6 years.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Quit smoking what?

#32 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,236 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Quit smoking what?

I quit that when i graduated college. still sucks.

#33 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

I quit that when i graduated college. still sucks.

There is some nice stuff flowing through Asheville man, if you get back into it you're in the right city. 

#34 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,236 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

There is some nice stuff flowing through Asheville man, if you get back into it you're in the right city. 

so i've heard.  but i don't see that happening any time soon.

#35 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Cold turkey the only way bro

#36 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

I quit 2 1/2 years ago at 28 after smoking for twelve years and after "trying" (read as "kind of tried but not really") four other times. Strangely, the thing that helped the most was reminding myself almost every few hours for the first week "Hey, you haven't gone this long without a cigarette for over a decade. Just to another few hours. If you smoke now, you probably won't get back to this point again for another few years, the next time you 'try'." I started to exercise much more frequently at the same time, actually sticking to a schedule. I have such an addictive personality that it was necessary to funnel that attention elsewhere. Cliche but true.

Good luck and just pat yourself on the back every few hours. Before you know it, a week will have passed and you will have greatly improved your life (and this is the understatement of understatements).

And don't ever allow yourself to have one after you quit. Not one, ever. Not a single drag when drunk. Once you bargain with yourself for one drag, it becomes one cigarette, and then you star telling yourself that its okay to have one only in certain situations...and then you wake up a smoker again.

Go kick some ass.

#37 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Good choice.

I have had friends that use that medicine that makes you sick as hell if you smoke with some success.

Medicines like this do work. However, the huge problem with them is you have to actually take them for them to work. If you're addicted to ciggys and want them bad enough, all you have to do is stop taking the medicine

also, at the end of the day you are going to react differently to withdrawing from nicotine than anyone else. While it's good your family members were able to quit cold turkey, things may be different than you. This has nothing to do with your manliness, simply your genetic makeup. 

Good luck sir, and stay strong. 

#38 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,236 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Medicines like this do work. However, the huge problem with them is you have to actually take them for them to work. If you're addicted to ciggys and want them bad enough, all you have to do is stop taking the medicine

also, at the end of the day you are going to react differently to withdrawing from nicotine than anyone else. While it's good your family members were able to quit cold turkey, things may be different than you. This has nothing to do with your manliness, simply your genetic makeup. 

Good luck sir, and stay strong. 

I know what you mean. I've quit for 4 months before. I get anxious, irritable, and foggy-headed for a good 3 days. My head feels hot, if that makes sense. I know whats coming and i know things to help it. I'm just looking forward to the long-term sustainability.

#39 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

I smoked for many years, yep I was with that cool crowd in middle school smoking cigs. Anyway I recently quit cold turkey( Easter Sunday). I got super stressed over some bullshit at work and didn't wanna be a bum so I went and bought a pack after not smoking for 3 weeks.. Dropped them again about 75 hours ago cold turkey.

I chew gum now when I get the urge to have one. I also like the verbiage " I don't smoke" vs "I can't have a smoke".

Anyway after 3 days the physical is gone and should be less for you since you we're down to 1 anyway.

You will eventually have a stressful moment in your life where your natural reaction to it will be to oh poo I need to smoke a cig. Fug that noise! Don't cave under those circumstances and you'll make it. Learn to deal with stress and other triggering situations without a cig, hard to do but not impossible if your determined.

#40 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Made it all year and relapsed about a month ago.  So Rum, i'll start tommorrow with you.  Huddle pact?! 

I got 3 ports left and i'm done.  Lets go!

I smoked my last cigarette last night. I'm in.

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Have a friend who's kind of an expert on how to quit smoking.

(he does it on a regular basis)

#42 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Smokers, in general, are nasty and inconsiderate.

#43 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,236 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

^ Oh, you're one of those "It's OUR air too SIR" kind of people....

But haven't smoked all day. Feel good besides sudden urges to punch people in the face.

#44 Taro ∆

Taro ∆

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

If everyone switched from tobacco to marijuana the world would be all rainbows and lollipops... 

#45 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Smokers, in general, are nasty and inconsiderate.

You sound like a born again breather

^ Oh, you're one of those "It's OUR air too SIR" kind of people....

But haven't smoked all day. Feel good besides sudden urges to punch people in the face.

Yeah, and I had class tonight...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.