Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rayzor

rivera comments on OTAs so far...and updates on today

122 posts in this topic

Think about Kraken's hit on Palmer.  He comes from the blind-side.  He goes up against LT's.

Thanks i didn't know any other way to explain it.

Not with the rotation we have, no. It's gonna be really interesting to see how this plays out.

well more than that....I know people are excited about our new rookie DTs.  But they are still rookie DTs.  Early on, that foursome listed often may not be the best grouping.

well more than that....I know people are excited about our new rookie DTs.  But they are still rookie DTs.  Early on, that foursome listed often may not be the best grouping.

They are gonna start Star, he's our first round pick.  They player they pick in the first round will start, he may be rotated heavily but i think those 4 will be the starters.

What do you think it would look like? There are tons of different looks

Charles Dwan Hardy Alexander

Charles Hardy Star Alexander

Charles Dwan KK Hardy

ect. ect. ect.  Add in Cole

Then you have some 3-4 looks occasionally

1 person likes this

yes, Pilares' legs were always big. Straight line speed and acceleration are his best attributes. He's also relatively tough, but I havent seen too much grace or agility with or without the ball. If he makes a lot of catches underneath the coverage he may take massive damage often.

They are gonna start Star, he's our first round pick.  They player they pick in the first round will start, he may be rotated heavily but i think those 4 will be the starters.

What do you think it would look like? There are tons of different looks

Charles Dwan Hardy Alexander

Charles Hardy Star Alexander

Charles Dwan KK Hardy

ect. ect. ect.  Add in Cole

Then you have some 3-4 looks occasionally

I didn't say anything about who gets a start tag.  I just don't expect that foursome to be consistantly on the field together often....especially early on.  Rookie's are rookies. Rookie DTs are rookie DTs.

Didn't Rivera say he hoped Star would see about 30 downs per game?  Maybe I am misquoting but if it is 30 than wouldn't even be half the snaps on D.  So for that grouping to be on the field often as one of our main Short would have to play a comparable number of snaps as Star and get them at the exact same time.

I didn't say anything about who gets a start tag.  I just don't expect that foursome to be consistantly on the field together often....especially early on.  Rookie's are rookies. Rookie DTs are rookie DTs.

Didn't Rivera say he hoped Star would see about 30 downs per game?  Maybe I am misquoting but if it is 30 than wouldn't even be half the snaps on D.  So for that grouping to be on the field often as one of our main Short would have to play a comparable number of snaps as Star and get them at the exact same time.

Is that not what I said about a heavy rotation? I don't see what you are arguing after i said that.

Thanks i didn't know any other way to explain it.

Youre 100% right man. I just watched a highlight video and hes pretty much always on the LT.

yeah, i think last year he knew he'd have to shift inside some, plus he might have just wanted to see if he could bulk up to 300 pounds.

this year we've got the interior set. there will be less need for him to move inside and just like he hardly lost any speed when he bulked up, i doubt he'd lose much in the way of power and explosiveness losing some weight.

either way, he's a beast.

How much weight did he slim down to?

Anybody know how severe Brandon Williams knee injury is?

With the new DTs, Hardy slimming down a bit for speed could be a very good thing.  He probably bulked up a bit last year knowing he was going to have to take on more blockers himself because the DTs weren't going to be demanding any respect.

And re: his comments posted a few pages back, Hardy is already one of my favorite current Panthers.  He keeps playing like he has with the attitude he's shown he'll make the top 2 or 3 all time list with ease.

tempIMG_0696--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

"I don't think this is how The Shell Game is supposed to go."

1 person likes this