107 replies to this topic

#1 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

CHARLOTTE – When Panthers wide receiver Domenik Hixon sat down to discuss his career, he knew the injuries would come up. He's used to that by now.

And while he wishes he didn't have to talk about his medical history as often as he does, he knows it's a part of his NFL journey.

"It's inevitable, you are going to get injured," Hixon said. "There aren't too many guys that have played eight years in the league that haven't been injured or needed some type of surgery."

Hixon's first major injury came during preparations for the 2006 NFL Draft when he broke his left foot during his pro day at Akron.

He was still drafted in the fourth round by the Denver Broncos but spent the entire year on the reserve/non-football injury list.

Hixon played the first four games of his NFL career with the Broncos in 2007 before being waived. He was quickly picked up by the New York Giants and performed as the kick returner for the eventual Super Bowl champions.

Hixon earned a larger role in the offense in 2008, playing in all 16 games with seven starts. He finished with a career-high 43 receptions for a team-leading 596 yards and two touchdowns.

His offensive production dipped in 2009 (15 catches and 187 yards) as he was once again used as the team's kick returner, but Hixon felt poised to break out entering the 2010 season.

http://www.panthers....0f-0ebc6e5f24e7

I didn't realize he's been in the league for 8 years. I thought he was maybe a 3 or 4 year guy.

#2 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

tutelage. .89, bottom line.

#3 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,529 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

There are two schools of thought when it comes Hixon. One, can he stay healthy. Two, if he can, he can help us.

Man, he has to be healthy. Please, please, please let him be healthy.

Him and Gettis fighting for touches sounds nice.

#4 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Seems like we got one of these breakout stories about Murphy last year, and Legedu the year before. Never seems to pan out, but I hope Hixon breaks out this season. We need it

#5 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,496 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Murphy and Legetron come no where near Hixon's potential, in my humble opinion.

#6 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

ya for sure, from what I remember, this dude has a good nose for the ball first and foremost. New offense and new arm though.

#7 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Seems like we got one of these breakout stories about Murphy last year, and Legedu the year before. Never seems to pan out, but I hope Hixon breaks out this season. We need it

This is the first thought that I had when I started reading.

#8 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

. We do have better than average journeyman wrs this year. Good chip on shoulder stuff

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

Cautiously optimistic.

But getting very used to a new couple of free agents a year contributing little.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Cautiously optimistic.

But getting very used to a new couple of free agents a year contributing little.

yep, esp. at WR and DB. just more of the same until we take it a bit more seriously than we have.

at least there was some effort to improve the bottom of the roster in both places.

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,077 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

if he picks up 3-400 yards for us over the season it'll have been a great pickup.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

if he picks up 3-400 yards for us over the season it'll have been a great pickup.

bars set too low for what would be "a great pickup", imo.

7-800 would be great. 3-400 is kinda meh.

#13 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

My thoughts exactly we need someone to make an impact and not just fill a role

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,077 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

ordinarily i would agree with you, but already we're expecting steve smith to pick up ~1200 to consider it a successful season, plus lafell increasing his yardage for the fourth year in a row to around ~800, plus running backs that generally pick up at least 500, plus olsen, who should be good for at least 500 if we have a successful season... combine a commitment to the running attack that should limit a successful season to around 4000 yards and that only leaves another thousand yards split between hixon, gettis, pilares, adams, and the rest of the WR/TE corps.

i would love 7-800, but i don't think it's a realistic expectation unless he's supplanting lafell in playing time.

#15 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well his impact won't be measured in just yards. We are talkin TDs, blocking, and just spreading the D. Its important people feel they need to watch out for him even if he isn't a big gainer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com