Photo
- - - - -

Hixon excited about fresh start in Carolina

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#25 panthers90

panthers90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

I wish we could get some practice footage of Murphy vs.Nakamura on a deep ball

#26 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

I didn't realize he's been in the league for 8 years. I thought he was maybe a 3 or 4 year guy.

Fug all that, what happened to this girls nipples?

2zf4p6c.gif

#27 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

bars set too low for what would be "a great pickup", imo.

7-800 would be great. 3-400 is kinda meh.

700-800 is your expectation for a #3 WR?

With the RB and QB we have?

Your expectations are way off base.

#28 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

700-800 is your expectation for a #3 WR?

With the RB and QB we have?

Your expectations are way off base.

for him to be considered a great pickup? yes. i expect him to have in between 5-600 yards, tho, based on the number of targets murphy got and with his ability to catch. i don't think that's unrealistic at all. i want him to be that guy that takes heat off smitty, tho. i want him to get 7-800, tho i don't expect it.

make sense?

#29 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

for him to be considered a great pickup? yes. i expect him to have in between 5-600 yards, tho, based on the number of targets murphy got and with his ability to catch. i don't think that's unrealistic at all. i want him to be that guy that takes heat off smitty, tho. i want him to get 7-800, tho i don't expect it.

make sense?

As the #3 WR....in an offense that will feature the run game ( and te's, Shula has said over and over that the RB's will be features)...more TE with Olsen....plus some read option from Cam....anything more than 400-500 yards would be an amazing year for Hixon.

With the TE and RB looking to play a major role in our passing game, Hixon is more like the 4th to 5th option in the passing game.

He is NOT the #2 WR like Johnson or Moose were when they were brought in.

I would love to see him blue up with a great year stat wise, but I don't expect it nor think he needs if to be a great pick-up.

Just the ability to line up 3-4 wide with actual NFL quality WR's....instead of the likes of AE is already a huge asset.

#30 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

My take on Hixon is that when given the opportunity he excels.Having said that he has had trouble staying healthy which is key for any WR trying to prove their dominance.I think Gettlemen is gambling that if he can dodge the injury bug that he has the talent to compete for playing time.What I like about him is he is a guy you can go to in a clutch situation.

#31 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

if he picks up 3-400 yards for us over the season it'll have been a great pickup.

So if he is a slightly less productive Legatron? That is success?

#32 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Another aspect that could limit Hixon's yards is the fact that Cam is learning to lean on the check down. I expect our RBs to have more yards this year. They had almost 600 last year.

If Cam can get his comp% up a notch. There are going to be touches to be had. As long as Hixon stays healthy, he should, and probably will, be an integral piece of the puzzle.

Great point. If he can stay healthy and Cam improves his reads and hits the check down more he will get his opportunities.

#33 mercules20

mercules20

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Just remember this is gettleman's guy. Not Hurney's. Dude couldn't put a legit wide receiver opposite smith for his entire tenure here. (asides from moose, but he didn't draft him.)

#34 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

As the #3 WR....in an offense that will feature the run game ( and te's, Shula has said over and over that the RB's will be features)...more TE with Olsen....plus some read option from Cam....anything more than 400-500 yards would be an amazing year for Hixon.

With the TE and RB looking to play a major role in our passing game, Hixon is more like the 4th to 5th option in the passing game.

He is NOT the #2 WR like Johnson or Moose were when they were brought in.

I would love to see him blue up with a great year stat wise, but I don't expect it nor think he needs if to be a great pick-up.

Just the ability to line up 3-4 wide with actual NFL quality WR's....instead of the likes of AE is already a huge asset.

i think its just a matter of standards. i expect more for him to be considered a great pickup. i would consider a great pickup as him supplanting lafell as the #2 WR target and producer. lafell is good, but i want more and i don't think it's unrealistic. 

the team left a lot of yards and production on the field last year. cleaned up management and performance should net more, wouldn't you think? 

we were less than 200 yards from having 4000 yards through the air and just shy of 2500 rushing yards, and that is with a piss poor offense the first half of the season. based on what they did in 2011 and the last portion of last year i think there's very little reason to believe we couldn't reach nearly 7000 yards in total offense and north of 475 total points.

this has the potential to be a top 5 offense as is and i want it to be reached and i want even more than that. my biggest fear is them being held back. for them to reach that potential we need more from our players, and that includes hixon. i don't want to settle for 4-500 yards from him. we also need better and more aggressive management from the coaches, but that's another discussion.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

So if he is a slightly less productive Legatron? That is success?

the curse of low standards and expectations. 

#36 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

He should have around 500.

There are only so many yards to be distributed. I really do not care how many individual yards each player gets. I just want a balanced offense, and wins. If the coaches do their job neither of those should be an issue.

As for supplanting Lafell, seriously?