#31 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

A true top 5 D would rank top 5 regardless who they play..

That being said, we be top 5!

#32 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

I am not sure what type of ranking we'll have this year. I do however, expect it to be pretty high. Top 10ish sounds reasonable. We are still young and inexperienced, with a poo ton of potential for sure, how quickly can things mesh is my only concern.

What I am actually looking forward to? Punt Returns. Plenty of Punt Returns. If our returners can do a decent job, we should win the field position battle. Something we did not do last year.

Give the opposition the long field, while we take the short field, plays to our strengths. We want to stop the run, while being able to run the ball ourselves. Winning the field position battle helps us do just that.

If you can stop the run. You earn the right to pin your ears back. We are really good at pinning our ears back.

#33 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

is it wierd that i found his comments un-kuechly like? 

"It was funny, (defensive tackle) Sheldon Richardson got picked up at number 13 and then I knew we had the next pick and there were still two tackles on the board. I was like, ‘Please get one of them for me,’" Kuechly said.

I'm not trying to say anything, but that's not usual for him to say something like that, even though it is true.

The dude played in the league for only a year so far, how do you know what he is likely to say? Rookies normally don't talk much through the media.

#34 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,286 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

The dude played in the league for only a year so far, how do you know what he is likely to say? Rookies normally don't talk much through the media.

HelloNewGuy blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

#35 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

HelloNewGuy blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

I guess you're that guy, eh?

#36 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

I guess you're that guy, eh?

This is the Huddlez. There are literally thousands of "that guy" up in here. Take what you can from some, disregard the ones you don't like. Simple, in theory.

#37 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,200 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Man I can't wait until the season starts I really want to see what this Defense is going to look like.

This is what I am waiting for too.  You have a solid front seven like this.  QBs are not going to have all day to throw on us like the past.  

There will be no excuses for McDermott to show what type of DC he is.  Before he has had to hold back because he didn't have all the tools.  He has most of them now.

Kuechly should be excited about the whole defense.  I think this is gonna be a fun season defensively for use.

#38 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

This is what I am waiting for too.  You have a solid front seven like this.  QBs are not going to have all day to throw on us like the past.  

There will be no excuses for McDermott to show what type of DC he is.  Before he has had to hold back because he didn't have all the tools.  He has most of them now.

Kuechly should be excited about the whole defense.  I think this is gonna be a fun season defensively for us

I agree there's no reason for him to hold back this year with what we have on Defense. I can only imagine what kind of blitz he will dial up like I said before the season can't get here soon enough for me.

#39 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,514 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

as long as our front seven remains healthy (knock on wood), could end up being the best defense in the league.

top 5 is certainly my expectations.

add what should be the best special teams we've had in a decade, it'll allow our offense to come into their own without the pressure to carry the team.

#40 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Btw, look at this asshat said about Kuechly.

With Urlacher and Lewis gone, the NFL's best MLB is the same guy it was last year. And the year before. Patrick Willis. #49ers

Very. He's fringe top 10. RT @Adrenaline777: How far away is Kuechly from that statement?

All of this MLB talk has proven one thing—#Panthers fans are delusional about Luke Kuechly.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout

Patrick Willis leads the league in tackles his rookie year and he's praised as the next Ray Lewis, Kuechly leads the league in tackles, without run support from his d-tackles, turns a 24th ranked defense to 10th and he's "overrated". People love to hate the Panthers and their players.

#41 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Btw, look at this asshat said about Kuechly.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout

Patrick Willis leads the league in tackles his rookie year and he's praised as the next Ray Lewis, Kuechly leads the league in tackles, without run support from his d-tackles, turns a 24th ranked defense to 10th and he's "overrated". People love to hate the Panthers and their players.

He must be drunk.

#42 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Who cares what that clown says, some loser who writes for the bleacher report

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.