Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets' Kemba Walker Invited To USA Basketball Mini-Camp

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving, Ty Lawson, Kemba Walker and John Wall are expected to be invited to USA Basketball mini-camp, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Mike Conley and George Hill are also expected to be invited to join. The massive amount of point guard invites is really just a testament to how deep point guard is in the NBA these days. None of these seven guards were named to any of the three All-NBA Teams and most of them will be targets in the first two rounds of fantasy drafts. The USA Basketball mini-camp is expected to start in late July.

Good for Kemba, it will definitely be an uphill battle for him to make the final roster; but it's a great start to the new era of the Hornets.

Posted · Report post

Hope we can keep him around for a while

Posted · Report post

I think he's got a REALLY good chance to beat those guys out for a spot that are coming in with him.  Look at what he's done for us with a lot less talent...  I hope he shows out and sticks around but, regardless, I'm definitely proud he got the invite.

Posted · Report post

Yeah no chance he makes the roster, nor any of the guys mentioned outside of Kyrie...but cool chance for him. 

Posted · Report post

Forgot to mention, Stephen Curry was invited because they feel he has already proven himself.

This mini-camp is for "unproven" players.

Posted · Report post

King Kemba.