Hope this isn't a double post, but I didn't see it. Not much, but here it is:
1. Corners made plays: Veteran corner Drayton Florence made a nice over-the-shoulder interception on a heave from Cam Newton to Brandon LaFell. It wasn't really a live-action play since most everyone had already stopped before Newton chucked it, but it was still a nice grab.
Later, on a pass intended for Ted Ginn Jr. down the sideline, second-year CB Josh Norman made a spectacular diving interception, hitting the ground hard without pads and getting the wind knocked out of him.
2. Beason participated: I figured LB Jon Beason would stretch and then be on the sideline for most of the time. Instead, the Pro Bowl linebacker participated in individual workouts before being replaced at strongside by newcomer Chase Blackburn. After practice, Beason ran 20 50-yard wind sprints.
3. 89 still competitive: Ron Rivera said WR Steve Smith has looked like he's 25 again during OTAs. Rivera said the veteran wideout has been diving for balls -- something the coaching staff isn't wild about. And even though we're more than three months from Week One, he still shows his frustration when the ball doesn't come his way.
4. Stewart very limited: Coming off ankle surgery this offseason, RB Jonathan Stewart was "very limited," per Rivera. He stretched, but then went to the other field and worked out on the bike alongside WR Lamont Bryant and CB Captain Munnerlyn, who was suffering from an abdominal strain.
5. Chandler switches sides: Last year, Nate Chandler came up from the practice squad late in the year to help on the defensive line. On Thursday, he was wearing a blue jersey, which is reserved for offense. With the additions to the defensive line, specifically the interior of the line, Chandler had to move to the other side of the ball. Rivera likes him, and Chandler was actually the team's emergency's offensive lineman last season after having played the position for a spell at UCLA.
Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy
Some of the impressions may have been alluded to in other threads (e.g., the corners looked good, but it wasn't like Cam and company were going all out; or, Chandler's role), but it's still worth seeing a complete list from someone who was actually there.