Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Redskin fan logic

117 posts in this topic

unless you can quote me saying that griffin never has to go through a progression then 4 gifs from sbnation don't mean poo

here's more of an effortpost from last year about the giants vikings game that i did.  no gifs though, just the exact time on the playclock when i made the observations:

Yes, RGIII has missed some downfield opportunities, and you won't find a knowledgeable Skins fan that will deny it. I don't think anybody is saying RGIII is elite status yet because I certainly don't think he is. He was a rookie, and it takes time for rookies to learn the game and adjust to the speed. RGIII may never hit elite status, and we really won't know until a few years down the road. I posted the gifs to show that he's not just throwing to his first option. You can see his head swiveling and then setting and thowing. Does it happen every pass play? Of course not, but his pass protection isn't the best in the world either.

edit: if he doesn't learn to slide, this is going to be all moot anyways. He'll never survive at the pace he's going trying to prove how tough he is.

Yes, RGIII has missed some downfield opportunities, and you won't find a knowledgeable Skins fan that will deny it. I don't think anybody is saying RGIII is elite status yet because I certainly don't think he is. He was a rookie, and it takes time for rookies to learn the game and adjust to the speed. RGIII may never hit elite status, and we really won't know until a few years down the road. I posted the gifs to show that he's not just throwing to his first option. You can see his head swiveling and then setting and thowing. Does it happen every pass play? Of course not, but his pass protection isn't the best in the world either.

edit: if he doesn't learn to slide, this is going to be all moot anyways. He'll never survive at the pace he's going trying to prove how tough he is.

Those were designed misdirections (the "swiveling of his head", following play action at that) you Noob.

Are you really that daft, dense?

I get it. So you're a Redskin fan trapped in North Carolina (though there is something called NFL Redzone and League Pass, you can watch), who mysteriously CAN'T properly evaluate either teams Quarterback. OK bud.  

Please stop. 

the walsh west coast variant that the redskins run is all about working short and intermediate routes and fast releases off three step drops.  the read option stuff out of the pistol and shotgun was, of course, a noticeable wrinkle.  SF was bootleg city when steve young was the starting QB and it clearly rubbed off on the shanahans.  how good or bad griffins' offensive line is is secondary to that.

the "more intelligent and accurate than newton" crap is what i have a problem with.  first, cam learned how to run an NFL offense in six weeks, okay?  he's not stupid.

second, their offenses couldn't be more different, not only from a WCO vs. coryell standpoint, but also a playcalling and scheme one.  the redskins actually fed their backs the ball and ran well designed play action fakes.  the panthers did not, and there is a wealth of material on this board about the read option fiasco our egomaniac former offensive coordinator (now the browns' problem) put us through for 8 or 9 weeks straight.  he was forcing cam to run slow developing play actions out of the shotgun in mike martz-esque minimal pass protection schemes and wasn't working greg olsen in to the gameplan seemingly at all.  when we finally switched to more pro formations with two tights with cam under center or in more traditional shotgun formations he ripped off 14 TDs to 4 INTs over the final 9 weeks of the season.

1 person likes this

here's an example of what i'm talking about.  it's a play against denver when cam got sacked for a safety.  i grabbed some screens from gamerewind coaches film:

here are three caps basically from the snap to the point right before the safety:

pniwc.png
RsqMB.png
cDhzp.png

there are no checkdown options anywhere.  three deep routes, the shortest of which was a drag route across the middle.  if you watch it at game speed brandon lafell (#11) hadn't even made his cut when newton was getting hit.

the walsh west coast variant that the redskins run is all about working short and intermediate routes and fast releases off three step drops.  the read option stuff out of the pistol and shotgun was, of course, a noticeable wrinkle.  SF was bootleg city when steve young was the starting QB and it clearly rubbed off on the shanahans.  how good or bad griffins' offensive line is is secondary to that.

the "more intelligent and accurate than newton" crap is what i have a problem with.  first, cam learned how to run an NFL offense in six weeks, okay?  he's not stupid.

second, their offenses couldn't be more different, not only from a WCO vs. coryell standpoint, but also a playcalling and scheme one.  the redskins actually fed their backs the ball and ran well designed play action fakes.  the panthers did not, and there is a wealth of material on this board about the read option fiasco our egomaniac former offensive coordinator (now the browns' problem) put us through for 8 or 9 weeks straight.  he was forcing cam to run slow developing play actions out of the shotgun in mike martz-esque minimal pass protection schemes and wasn't working greg olsen in to the gameplan seemingly at all.  when we finally switched to more pro sets with two tights with cam under center or in more traditional shotgun formations he ripped off 14 TDs to 4 INTs over the final 9 weeks of the season.

Good post. 

And I would like to add (the bolded portion) that this is exactly the NFL offense that Cam ran to success during his rookie season. 

It was Chud (and Rivera to a lesser degree), that decided to focus more on the Read Option, less pro sets before the 2012 season even started during the summer of 2012, to disastrous results (as you indicated) the first half of the 2012 season. 

As we all know: Once the Panthers went back to a more conventional NFL offense (as during Cam's Rookie season), with less of, quicker developing Read Option, added with a few more drop offs, check downs, Cam was right where he left off in 2011. 

PS: You were so correct. Cam walked right into the league, and was throwing deep downfield (while waiting for receivers to get open, the play to develop) in a NFL offense against top teams with great results. 

I like how NC_Skins had to prove everyone right with his GIF's

a_9-e66cmaanhua.jpg

I like how NC_Skins had to prove everyone right with his GIF's

a_9-e66cmaanhua.jpg

Funny/Lol. 

He obviously lost the battle to begin with. Cause it's clear he has no idea the type of offense RG3 runs and his limitations as a QB (talking about the offensive line for RG3's quick throws for one example). 

Nonetheless, he's on here trying to argue with us, and prove his case with silly GIF's he doesn't even understand. He's obviously out of his depth. 

Sad/SMH

1 person likes this

Funny/Lol. 

He obviously lost the battle to begin with. Cause it's clear he has no idea the type of offense RG3 runs and his limitations as a QB. 

But he's on here trying to argue with us, and prove his case. 

Said. SMH

He probably isn't even a Redskins fan, probably one of us who made another account, the reason I say that is he has no idea what he is talking about, probably never watched RG3 play. I'm pretty sure some 8 year old Redskins fans could defend him better.

1 person likes this

You can be offended by me claiming RGIII is more intelligent than Cam Newton, but I think we can look back to college to see that claim is a no brainer. Ever think that Chud used that read-option stuff with Cam to help him along with the offense while learning the over all offense? I mean, didn't it net Cam ROTY and broke the rookie record for passing yards? If you want to give Chud all the blame, you have to give him the credit as well.

second, their offenses couldn't be more different, not only from a WCO vs. coryell standpoint, but also a playcalling and scheme one.  the redskins actually fed their backs the ball and ran well designed play action fakes.  the panthers did not, and there is a wealth of material on this board about the read option fiasco our egomaniac former offensive coordinator (now the browns' problem) put us through for 8 or 9 weeks straight.  he was forcing cam to run slow developing play actions out of the shotgun in mike martz-esque minimal pass protection schemes and wasn't working greg olsen in to the gameplan seemingly at all.  when we finally switched to more pro formations with two tights with cam under center or in more traditional shotgun formations he ripped off 14 TDs to 4 INTs over the final 9 weeks of the season.

I'm not claiming they offense are alike so not sure where that came from. yes, we fed our RBs the balls because their offense dictates the run opens it up for the passing game. It was that way in Denver, in Houston, and now in Washington. So here is a question, why are you paying all that money to two backs you aren't utilizing?

I think time will tell about both quarterbacks. It's too soon to be annointing any of these guys anything.

Nobody except a panther fan calls him Chud, the cover has been blown nc_skins