Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Redskin fan logic

Best Answer wade, 26 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Having a really good 40 time has about as much to do with being a great NFL QB as having a famous last name has to do with being a great NASCAR driver.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#106 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,538 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

MODS MOVE THIS TO NFL FORUM

goodness

Off season. 

#107 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

You can be offended by me claiming RGIII is more intelligent than Cam Newton, but I think we can look back to college to see that claim is a no brainer. Ever think that Chud used that read-option stuff with Cam to help him along with the offense while learning the over all offense? I mean, didn't it net Cam ROTY and broke the rookie record for passing yards? If you want to give Chud all the blame, you have to give him the credit as well.

cam performed much better when chudzinski treated him as a pro quarterback than not, full stop.  your assertion might be a good argument if he ran the read option extremely well (it didn't work for reasons unrelated to cam's intelligence, maturity, understanding of the pro game, whatever) but utterly failed when he was asked to get under center.

as was noted previously, chudzinski didn't go full retard with the read option until 2012.  those formations tore apart tampa bay twice to end the 2011 season because they were injured and had given up but he had cam slinging it very effectively for most of the season out of two tight end sets in the shotgun and from under center.  it's been brought up many times on this board recently but, in retrospect, losing shockey after 2011 hurt worse than we anticipated.

I'm not claiming they offense are alike so not sure where that came from. yes, we fed our RBs the balls because their offense dictates the run opens it up for the passing game. It was that way in Denver, in Houston, and now in Washington.

i'm not saying you said that.  the point is washington's scheme and playcalling was light years ahead of anything cam had to work with until week 9 or 10.  the idea that you could drop griffin on the panthers and we'd have won more (as you actually did claim a few pages ago) is nonsense.

So here is a question, why are you paying all that money to two backs you aren't utilizing?

this question gets asked a thousand times a day on this board.

#108 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

You can be offended by me claiming RGIII is more intelligent than Cam Newton, but I think we can look back to college to see that claim is a no brainer. Ever think that Chud used that read-option stuff with Cam to help him along with the offense while learning the over all offense? I mean, didn't it net Cam ROTY and broke the rookie record for passing yards? If you want to give Chud all the blame, you have to give him the credit as well.

I'm not claiming they offense are alike so not sure where that came from. yes, we fed our RBs the balls because their offense dictates the run opens it up for the passing game. It was that way in Denver, in Houston, and now in Washington. So here is a question, why are you paying all that money to two backs you aren't utilizing?

I think time will tell about both quarterbacks. It's too soon to be annointing any of these guys anything.

You obviously paid zero attention to what has been said. Why did Cam thrive in a pro-style offense compared to a read-option system?  Why were we more pro-style offense oriented in 2011 then first half of the season 2012 Cam struggled. This is dumb. There is a difference between football knowledge and playing the media with "sophisticated talk" like RG3.

And we will see next year when we feed our backs the ball with Shula as our OC.

You may be Grits. Because this is a level of retarded posting.

MODS MOVE THIS TO NFL FORUM

goodness

STFU

#109 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,088 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

^^^ I was thinking the same thing. Lol I love when redskin fans get bashed with knowledge and fact when the talking points they try to fall back on fail. The media try's to paint another picture

#110 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,474 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Guys, I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but let me be rude and disrespectful. I find it funny that you are the bigger troll, and not the visiting fan. Either way, I'm done replying to you personally. If other Panther fans want to discuss, by all means. No hate here. I enjoy when the Panthers do good.

ps. If you can't see him going through the reads in the videos, than you don't know what you are watching.

Cam 2
Redskins 0

Suck it

#111 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

^that's really all that needs to be said. Just straight to the point.

#112 NC_Skins

NC_Skins

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Cam 2
Redskins 0

Suck it

Congrats. Indeed you guys have beasted us the past three times we've played. Hats off to that. However, we won our division last year, how about you all?

This was my favorite from the Panthers/Redskins series the past few years.

605285_o.gif

#113 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,088 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

#114 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,088 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Congrats. Indeed you guys have beasted us the past three times we've played. Hats off to that. However, we won our division last year, how about you all?

This was my favorite from the Panthers/Redskins series the past few years.

605285_o.gif

Mines every single play our defense lit RGknee up last game. Like when he got spun or when our pass rush lit him up. My prediction is he'll be getting quite used to that this year with his running threat diminished

#115 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,147 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

oh hey look a dickbeard redskins fan here to make implausible arguments. who needs facts or football acumen when dale junior says it's so?

#116 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

2-0

#117 NC_Skins

NC_Skins

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Mines every single play our defense lit RGknee up last game. Like when he got spun or when our pass rush lit him up. My prediction is he'll be getting quite used to that this year with his running threat diminished

He isn't going to last long in this league if he continues to go at the pace he's going. He's trying to prove how tough he is.

oh hey look a dickbeard redskins fan here to make implausible arguments. who needs facts or football acumen when dale junior says it's so?

You guys are a happy bunch...lol  Nobody is agreeing with Dale, Jr. kid so simmer down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.