Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Redskin fan logic

Best Answer wade, 26 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Having a really good 40 time has about as much to do with being a great NFL QB as having a famous last name has to do with being a great NASCAR driver.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#71 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Bob Griffin love will be Bob Griffin love until he starts to play poorly and his team doesn't win. And ignorant people will say stupid poo because they try to repeat what the "experts" on ESPN and NFLN say. Not even worth getting mad at anymore...it's like banging your head against a brick wall

He won't ever play poorly if he only gets to play half a season, every season, his entire career

#72 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationDenver, CO
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Umm, can we move this to the NFL board???

Mods???

#73 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Umm, can we move this to the NFL board???

Mods???

It's the offseason. 

#74 wade

wade

cop a squat, cupcakes

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:43 PM   Best Answer

Having a really good 40 time has about as much to do with being a great NFL QB as having a famous last name has to do with being a great NASCAR driver.

• SCP PIE'd this

#75 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Bingo. That's the reason I OPed this thread. The logic of using a 40 time to prove that one QB is better than another QB is frigging stupid.

#76 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Damm, I was just going to say something clever and witty about how, um, uninformed it looks to use 40 times to compare QBs. Like, it may hold a factor, but it is far from being the only qualifier. Get it?

I could say, the guy that can turn left the best, is the greatest driver of them all. Does that mean I know more NASCAR than he knows NFL? I probably know more football than him, he knows racin'. I would say it looks like a draw, and call it a day.

Oh, and I too happen to enjoy the occasional BJ. And by occasional I really mean, never gonna happen. After over 20 years of marriage. I'm tickled pink if she even touches it.

And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#77 NC_Skins

NC_Skins

NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Why hello there. I'm amused why you all would even care enough to even discuss some NASCAR drivers thoughts on a NFL QB. However, unless somebody has posted the link to the interview, those words may have been taken out of context. I'm not sure Dale, JR thinks that RGIII is better than Cam because he runs faster. If he actually believes that, than he's a idiot.

I agree with Dale that RGIII is better than Cam, but most of it deals with things outside of physical traits. His intelligence, ability to read defenses, and his accuracy are the things that separate RGIII and Cam in my opinion.

However, unlike many fans, I'm not ready to crown RGIII as some savior quite yet. For one, it's only been one year. Secondly, he has to demostrate he can be smart with his decisions to slide instead of gaining that extra yard. Thirdly, we'll see how he adjusts to the defenses that have more game film on him. I always said that normally  you'll know after about 3 years if a QB is going to be the guy or not. There are situations like Eli and Brees that worked a bit differently, but had those guys not been 1st round picks, they would have never kept their job long enough to make it.

#78 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Why hello there. I'm amused why you all would even care enough to even discuss some NASCAR drivers thoughts on a NFL QB. However, unless somebody has posted the link to the interview, those words may have been taken out of context. I'm not sure Dale, JR thinks that RGIII is better than Cam because he runs faster. If he actually believes that, than he's a idiot.

I agree with Dale that RGIII is better than Cam, but most of it deals with things outside of physical traits. His intelligence, ability to read defenses, and his accuracy are the things that separate RGIII and Cam in my opinion.

However, unlike many fans, I'm not ready to crown RGIII as some savior quite yet. For one, it's only been one year. Secondly, he has to demostrate he can be smart with his decisions to slide instead of gaining that extra yard. Thirdly, we'll see how he adjusts to the defenses that have more game film on him. I always said that normally  you'll know after about 3 years if a QB is going to be the guy or not. There are situations like Eli and Brees that worked a bit differently, but had those guys not been 1st round picks, they would have never kept their job long enough to make it.

I appreciate you posting here as a Redskins fans. I really do.

However, why did you even bother with this nonsense (the bolded portion)?

A word of advice: If you're going to post here; post like  you actually know your own player, as well as the other teams; otherwise you only come off like an intrusive troll (no disrespect meant). What you said is laughable. 

RG3 has not demonstrated so far that he's an INTELLIGENT POCKET QB. No sir-ee.

At this stage, he plays in a gimmick, trick laden, quick throw, short route, motion, run intensive offense, where he rarely has to sit back in the pocket and make multiple reads, like Cam does. I've seen several Redskins fans, complain and worry about this (RG3's development; especially before he  blew up with the media, and during, after training camp when fellow rookie Cousins reportedly outplayed him). This is why the staple of the Redskins offense, is to trick and fool people (when RG3 is not making his one/zone read). He's not a good pocket, downfield QB at this stage. It's why RG3's receivers are usually so wide open when he actually throws down field. It's all the trickery, motion and mis-direction The Redskins run. Hey, Credit the Shanahan's, Morris and RG3! I'm not hating. Good for him!

Ironically, RG3 is not even a more intelligent runner than Cam. So this whole "intelligence" thing is a Made Up Media Meme. How intelligent was RG3 to pout, insist he play and to knock his back up ("I give the team the best chance to win), when he knew he was playing on one bad knee his last playoff game? That was both selfish and stupid! Plus RG3 runs like a Sprinter, Wildman. Cam on the contrary, is a very intelligent runner (despite his enormous size, shiftyness/elusiveness and speed), who knows when to get down. 

You also know, the Redskins ran more than they threw in 2012? So you can make the argument that the Redskins had a RUN FIRST offense, which they relied on first, that RG3 and defenses reacted to. What does that say about RG3's pocket prowness??

Let's be real here: RG3 has not come close to having the responsibility as a QB that Cam (or even Luck and Tannehill) had to carry into their rookie and second seasons. So his stats mean jack (compared to them), and don't seamlessly correlate as you wish. 

If RG3 played on the Panthers, I'm not sure if they would have won 3 games. I say this, because RG3 would have been asked to do too much. And based off of what I've seen from him in DC (he's not a pocket, multiple read QB or a smart, durable runner), I'm not sure he could handle that, or stay on the field/upright even.    

Please come back when you have a relevant analysis, critique or something meaningful to say. 

• SCP PIE'd this

#79 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

LOL. just leave dude you will get torn to shreds here.

Mr. "One-read, check-down prince" RG3. That might be the nicest comment you will find here.

#80 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
Guests

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

With Dale Jr's logic, this guy would be the greatest QB of all time

Oscar-Pistorius-002.jpg

This guy would murder the competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users