Photo
- - - - -

How did Hardy fall to the 6th round in the 2010 NFL Draft?

Best Answer KendrickPanther, 24 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

He had character concerns and tbh they have shown a few times. He's a ticking time bomb. So far he's only blown up Drew Brees and Matt Ryan.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,579 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hurney sucked but I will give him credit here. Sure a 6th isn't any risk and he was probably bpa but to some extent the Panthers had faith in him.

#32 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,579 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

A player with character concerns does not work out often, but when it does the players are beasts on the field. You just pray they don't fug up and do something like kill themselves on a motorcycle.

#33 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Silly post, Peppers is far more talented and that should not even be up for discussion, Hardy's drive is what makes him special, Peppers pure athleticism and talent is was made him special.

Hardy is more athletic than you think he is. He's was the first guy down the field as a gunner on ST. He may not have his pure speed but if he's 8/10's of what  Peppers raw talent is then he could still end up being better than him. His mentality and is drive is far more valuable than Peppers ability to pick up 3 sacks every other 3 weeks against garbage teams.

#34 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hardy is more athletic than you think he is. He's was the first guy down the field as a gunner on ST. He may not have his pure speed but if he's 8/10's of what  Peppers raw talent is then he could still end up being better than him. His mentality and is drive is far more valuable than Peppers ability to pick up 3 sacks every other 3 weeks against garbage teams.

The big difference between Peppers and Hardy is the want to. Peppers could've easily dominated against any team he wanted to, he just didn't always have the drive. I don't think Hardy has anywhere near the same amount of physical ability, know-how, talent, etc, that Peppers had. But, what he lacks there he makes up for in constantly going 110%, something Peppers never knew how to do.

#35 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

The draft is filled with talented players who drop for all kinds of reasons. That's why the day after the draft every fan is convinced his team got half a dozen guys who "could have" been 1st rounders. Most of the times these players are scrubs but sometimes you get a Hardy. 

#36 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hardy is more athletic than you think he is. He's was the first guy down the field as a gunner on ST. He may not have his pure speed but if he's 8/10's of what Peppers raw talent is then he could still end up being better than him. His mentality and is drive is far more valuable than Peppers ability to pick up 3 sacks every other 3 weeks against garbage teams.

please for the sake of public health please shut up, your stupid is contagious and we don't need it spreading to anyone else.

Trying to argue at this point that Hardy is better then Peppers is mind boggling consider Peppers first season(and not even peppers top 3 seasons) by itself was better then anything Hardy's done to date.

Only way I can figure you even trying to reason this is if you were a kid in peppers early years with us and just don't know better.

#37 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

please for the sake of public health please shut up, your stupid is contagious and we don't need it spreading to anyone else.

Trying to argue at this point that Hardy is better then Peppers is mind boggling consider Peppers first season(and not even peppers top 3 seasons) by itself was better then anything Hardy's done to date.

Only way I can figure you even trying to reason this is if you were a kid in peppers early years with us and just don't know better.

And the award for Overreaction of the Year goes to...

And what's with the reading comprehension today?  Am I the only one who reads posts before I reply to them in here?  How does your brain translate him saying "if he's 8'10's of what Peppers raw talent is then he COULD STILL END UP BEING BETTER THAN HIM" into "at this point Hardy is better than Peppers".  Your love for Peppers is causing your mind to conjure up statements that were never made.

Sure he seems to have been taking jabs at Peppers in this thread, but what I bolded in his quoted statement up top clearly shows that he acknowledges Hardy isn't yet at Peppers' level...just that he has the potential to surpass him.  Which can probably be said of a lot of DEs...it's just rare that a player truly lives up to his maximum potential.

#38 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

And the award for Overreaction of the Year goes to...

And what's with the reading comprehension today?  Am I the only one who reads posts before I reply to them in here?  How does your brain translate him saying "if he's 8'10's of what Peppers raw talent is then he COULD STILL END UP BEING BETTER THAN HIM" into "at this point Hardy is better than Peppers".  Your love for Peppers is causing your mind to conjure up statements that were never made.

Sure he seems to have been taking jabs at Peppers in this thread, but what I bolded in his quoted statement up top clearly shows that he acknowledges Hardy isn't yet at Peppers' level...just that he has the potential to surpass him.  Which can probably be said of a lot of DEs...it's just rare that a player truly lives up to his maximum potential.

Nobody cares about what you actually write on the internet, or the other guy either.

#39 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Ahah okay asshat being the more physically gifted player never made anyone the best and you totally underrate Hardy's athletic ability. I didn't say he was better I said he could be. If you coudn't tell I was being facetious with my "Could have been Greg Hardy", then you are the idiot.

I've watched plenty of Peppers and I know we are better off with his ass off the team. Watching him make spectacular plays and 3 sacks against the Lions and Cardinals every year is the equivalent of Jon Fox 7-9 season.  Thanks for being a dick though.

#40 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,918 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Hardy may not be a freak like pep but he is still pretty damn athletic for a 285 pound DE and his motor doesn't ever stop not to mention he plays meaner than hell and pep was a big pussy.

He is one of the few Panthers that would cal Pep a pussy to his face. 

And Pep would stare him down for about 3 seconds and walk away.

#41 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Salute, he could be the new era TomBradypick... Pay attention, you're witnessing greatness.....

#42 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,306 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

I've tried to imagine how a combine/scouting type Interview with Hardy might go...

"Mr. Hardy, thank you very much for joining us today. We've watched a lot of your game film, seen your highlights and I don't mind telling you we're very impressed with your skills. So right now, we just wanna ask you a few questions so we can try and get to know you better. How's that sound?"

"The one you call 'Greg Hardy' is not here. I am The Kraken. I will answer your questions."

"Oh...ummm...ya know, as it turns out, we don't really have any questions after all. But...yeah...thanks for coming" :unsure:

#43 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,802 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

I gotta feeling his chance to make up for it is coming fairly soon.

Dude, Hurney's not the GM anymore.

He'll get paid, but not like a no.1 draft pick before the rookie wage scale

#44 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,801 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

If peppers had half the tenacity and fire of Hardy... What could he have been?

The greatest of all time.

#45 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Some of us believed in him back then.... lol

i-g4PCNMn.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com