Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody Zeller bandwagon

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Not sure why this guy isn't getting love over Len.

If Zeller develops as a shooter he could be the best offensive player in the draft.  A perimeter jumper combined with his ability to drive the lane from 20+ ft..  he even has the agility to run his man around screens off the ball.  I think his potential is waaaay higher than what hes shown in the college game.

Posted · Report post

I think this will be a very barren wagon

Posted · Report post

I think its because he is scrawny with limited post moves that will be effective against bigger stronger nba 5's and isnt athletic enough to play the 4. Len has an nba body, zeller does not and never will.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I'm staying as far away from this wagon unless we trade down with Minnesota.

Posted · Report post

Cody Zellar is going to have to seriously get with a trainer and a nutritionist if he wants to be an NBA player. He's going to get pushed around big time.

I would not draft him with a lottery pick. All the bigs in this draft have question marks and red flags.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Trainer, nutritionist, steroids I don't think it will matter. His frame just isn't there. Same with noel and davis. Guys like that have to have a midrange and outside game and be able to play the four to be effective. I don't think any of them can do it.

Posted · Report post

I was interested in Gobert until a few GM's came out and said that he is the most unathletic player that they have ever seen lol.

Posted · Report post

I like Zeller can't say I would take him at four, but he may have the highest floor of the top ten guys.

Posted · Report post

I was looking at some sites to see what they think Zellers comparison/ceiling is...

Cody Zeller: LaMarcus Aldridge

NBADraftNet: LaMarcus Aldridge

WalterFootball: Anderson Varejao

Chad Ford (ESPN): Couldn't think of an NBA comparison

I don't see the basis for a comparison to Aldridge, but if he turned into a player like Aldridge and we picked him; I'd be pretty damn happy.

Posted · Report post

I was looking at some sites to see what they think Zellers comparison/ceiling is...

Cody Zeller: LaMarcus Aldridge
NBADraftNet: LaMarcus Aldridge
WalterFootball: Anderson Varejao
Chad Ford (ESPN): Couldn't think of an NBA comparison

I don't see the basis for a comparison to Aldridge, but if he turned into a player like Aldridge and we picked him; I'd be pretty damn happy.

nbadraft.net compared Shabazz to MKG for Christ sake

Zeller is horrible and gets bullied in the post

Posted · Report post

screw that shit mayne. I'd take him in the second round maybe

Posted · Report post

nbadraft.net compared Shabazz to MKG for Christ sake

Zeller is horrible and gets bullied in the post

They actually have Bazz compared to Nick Young, which is actually a very solid comparison.