• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Not sure why this guy isn't getting love over Len.

If Zeller develops as a shooter he could be the best offensive player in the draft.  A perimeter jumper combined with his ability to drive the lane from 20+ ft..  he even has the agility to run his man around screens off the ball.  I think his potential is waaaay higher than what hes shown in the college game.

#2 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

I think this will be a very barren wagon

#3 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

I think its because he is scrawny with limited post moves that will be effective against bigger stronger nba 5's and isnt athletic enough to play the 4. Len has an nba body, zeller does not and never will.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, I'm staying as far away from this wagon unless we trade down with Minnesota.

#5 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Cody Zellar is going to have to seriously get with a trainer and a nutritionist if he wants to be an NBA player. He's going to get pushed around big time.

I would not draft him with a lottery pick. All the bigs in this draft have question marks and red flags.

#6 toldozer

toldozer

• HUDDLER
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Trainer, nutritionist, steroids I don't think it will matter. His frame just isn't there. Same with noel and davis. Guys like that have to have a midrange and outside game and be able to play the four to be effective. I don't think any of them can do it.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

I was interested in Gobert until a few GM's came out and said that he is the most unathletic player that they have ever seen lol.

#8 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

I like Zeller can't say I would take him at four, but he may have the highest floor of the top ten guys.

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I was looking at some sites to see what they think Zellers comparison/ceiling is...

Cody Zeller: LaMarcus Aldridge

NBADraftNet: LaMarcus Aldridge

WalterFootball: Anderson Varejao

Chad Ford (ESPN): Couldn't think of an NBA comparison

I don't see the basis for a comparison to Aldridge, but if he turned into a player like Aldridge and we picked him; I'd be pretty damn happy.

#10 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

I was looking at some sites to see what they think Zellers comparison/ceiling is...

Cody Zeller: LaMarcus Aldridge
NBADraftNet: LaMarcus Aldridge
WalterFootball: Anderson Varejao
Chad Ford (ESPN): Couldn't think of an NBA comparison

I don't see the basis for a comparison to Aldridge, but if he turned into a player like Aldridge and we picked him; I'd be pretty damn happy.

nbadraft.net compared Shabazz to MKG for Christ sake

Zeller is horrible and gets bullied in the post

#11 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

screw that poo mayne. I'd take him in the second round maybe

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

nbadraft.net compared Shabazz to MKG for Christ sake

Zeller is horrible and gets bullied in the post

They actually have Bazz compared to Nick Young, which is actually a very solid comparison.

#13 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Zeller is a decent big man prospect and if Cho and co are sold on Zeller as our future big man at the PF or C position, then taking him fourth overall should not be a major issue. Granted at four Zeller might be a reach (the highest I've seen him mocked is seven to the Kings), but if we re-sign Henderson then our likely pick would be PF or C, and Zeller is one of the better big man prospects with a decent ceiling. So he could be a viable selection. He's got the ability and the size to make an instant contribution at PF or C. I guess the alternatives to taking him at four would be Bennett (though he is perhaps a bit undersized to play full time at PF) or Len, but of those guys I think I prefer taking Zeller if we re-sign Henderson. 

#14 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Zeller is just so skilled. Where are these people who think he can't be a scorer getting that? He has the most advanced scoring package of any 7 footer I can remember at his age. If he extends his shooting range with his ability to drive from the perimeter you've got a go to scorer.

#15 toldozer

toldozer

• HUDDLER
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Extending his range is key. If he can become a consistent mid range player he will be good, however I want more of a post presence. Since we have NONE. I was all in on drummond last year at number two because we needed size. Just think how much better set up we would be to select the most talented guy this year.

If we had drummond in place id be much more apt to take zeller but still would prefer a scorer from the sg or sf position.

Honestly mkg is just another bad pick because now we will pass on better talent because they are similar players to him (position, not skill set wise)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users