Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soccer Summer Transfer Thread...

391 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

New stuff coming out now about how RM is thinking of offering an 85m GBP bid for Bale. Whoo boy... that's a lot of scratch. Villa is being actively pursued by the Spurs as well. Rumor is 10m GBP offer. I doubt Wenger goes above 7m myself, considering his history of underbidding.

Posted · Report post

I don't think Wenger wants Villa. It might be his like 5th choice. Wenger job is on the line and he got around 120m to spend... Will he do it? I don't know... Spurs need money bad. Construction of their new $550 million stadium will be completed next year which means its time to make payments.

Posted · Report post

If Spurs sign Villa I'll be pissed. He is not a solution, not even for one year. Damiao would be great but prefer Soldado. I think he's a better fit for Spurs. Let someone else overpay for Benteke.

Posted · Report post

If Spurs sign Villa I'll be pissed. He is not a solution, not even for one year. Damiao would be great but prefer Soldado. I think he's a better fit for Spurs. Let someone else overpay for Benteke.

I agree on Villa and don't want Benteke. Neither would be my choice... personally, I'm hoping we can unload Ade (we really should have listened to the prior teams about him), keep Defoe for the bench, and pick up both Damiao and Soldado. I know.. fat chance, but it would be the perfect thing for us.

If a sale of Bale goes through for that pricetag, there's absolutely zero reason we can't accomplish this. Add in another creative midfield, and pull Rose back from loan, and I think we'd have a very very dangerous team next year - even without Bale. If we keep him (which I'd love to do also), we can still add those pieces around him, given that we have enough funds to accomplish this.

Posted · Report post

Jesus Navas to Manchester City a done deal.

City is also getting Fernandinho from Shaktar for around 34M pounds.

Posted · Report post

Now City have extremely overcrowded midfield... Who's out?  

Posted · Report post

Fear da Fro! Fellaini would be an excellent pickup for you guys, though my first impulse would have seen him going to ManU to join Moyes again.

Interesting summer window this year.. lots of speculation, lots of rumors, and I believe lots of movement is in the cards for every team. Makes it exciting for sure.

Posted · Report post

Hope its true cause Arsenal is missing true DM...  Diaby was supposed to be it last season but dude is too injury prone...  Would be awesome window if Arsenal got Felaini and Rooney.

Posted · Report post

Not a transfer but it looks like Carlo Ancelotti is leaving PSG to become the manager of Real Madrid....

Posted · Report post

Looks like Cavani to Chelsea. Stay tune...

Arsenal president confirmed today they want to sign Rooney.

Posted · Report post

Outside the fact that Rooney is a great player, and that he would strengthen your squad, I have to wonder if this is also a big F.U. to ManUre for stealing RVP away from Arsenal.

There has to be a little of that in the flavor of this pursuit.