Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soccer Summer Transfer Thread...

391 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Capoue completes Tottenham transfer:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1522697/etienne-capoue-completes-tottenham-transfer?cc=5901

Looks like he passed the medical, and now we have a good replacement for THudd, who can shift to CB to cover if Kaboul isn't ready to go for the start of the season.

Scott Parker replacement, Scott Parker will be on his way to QPR shortly.

Posted · Report post

Arsenal fans planning "occupy arsenal" in mid September to remove Arsene Wenger as a coach and ask Kroenke to sell his shares to Usamov. Apparently Arsenal should have around £300m in transfer funds but the money no where to be found... It seems like someone is pocketing the transfer funds.

Posted · Report post

Sky Sport News reports that Suarez apologized to Liverpool and is practicing with a first team. Liverpool in deep talks with Anghi over Willian.

Luiz Gustavo chooses Wolfsburg over Arsenal (this one is just sad)

Posted · Report post

I think I'm gonna switch teams, it's getting ridiculous. Arsenal sold 17 players in last 30 days and and brought in just 1 on free transfer. They don't have enough players to fill the team due to injuries so they will bring players from Arsenal academy to have enough players for the game tomorrow. They asked Arsene Wenger if he's gonna buy anyone and he said he understands fans frustration but believes his current squad is good enough to challenge for tittle.. Just insane... Btw, by transferring and releasing 17 players, Arsenal will make additional £40m this year alone. Mind bogging...

Posted · Report post

In the most lol worthy (and bs worthy too) transfer news, Marca is reporting that Falcao has been transfer listed due to French laws changing and Monaco no longer being able to offer tax exemption.  They go on to say that Monaco's new owner is going to be fined 83 million pounds of penalties, and that in order to recoup is going to sell Falcao just two months after he bought him.....

Wait for it.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok I think I'm done.  Main reason why the Spanish papers I believe are AS and Cantena Ser....

Posted · Report post

No, not fun at all. It's pretty obvious Arsenal fans were lied too about spending money this season. Pretty much proved point that Arsenal no longer what once was. The whole herarchy of Arsenal is to make as much money as possible. From owner to board to manager, no one cares about winning. They only care about maximizing revenue. I expect Arsenal to crash this year. They have very I jury prone squad and absolutely no depth.

Posted · Report post

Who's gonna buy Falcao? Monaco will have to sell him at crazy discount... No more than £35m

Posted · Report post

Who's gonna buy Falcao? Monaco will have to sell him at crazy discount... No more than £35m

That's why I don't believe a word of it.  They would sell everyone but Falcao if this was actually an issue, but the fact is 83 million pounds is NOTHING to Rybolovlev (I think I got that right).  He would just pay the fine and keep the mercenaries he's assembled together....

IF there was any truth to this (and there's not), Falcao would definitely have to be sold at a huge discount as he's making 14 million pounds a season.  I think even 35 would be high, I would lean more towards 25-30.  At that price they would be able to offload him to a Chelsea, Real Madrid etc despite the high price in wages....

Posted · Report post

Marca is possibly THE most unreliable source of information. 

Monaco just held a press conference saying there is no truth to the claim.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Scott Parker replacement, Scott Parker will be on his way to QPR shortly.

Potatoe potahto... We also sold Hudd to Hull for 5m pounds this past week. So, he could be a replacement for either, with Sandro coming back as replacement for the other. Either way.. that's a win in my book.

:D