Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NASCAR fans from Tonga?

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Apparently there's at least one, now.

Lotulelei gets introduced to NASCAR

Lotulelei, a defensive tackle from Utah and the 14th overall pick in the NFL draft, attended Sunday's Coca-Cola 600 pre-race activities at Charlotte Motor Speedway and said he was "blown away" by the festivities and the tailgate parties in and around the track.

"I know the Indy 500 is big and I've been there, but I think this has got it beat right now," said Lotulelei, a native of Tonga. "This right here is a ton of fun. I've got the all-access pass so I'm getting the full tour. And it's been an unbelievable thing."

Lotulelei said meeting Jeff Gordon and other NASCCAR drivers was "pretty cool," but said the highlight of his day was getting his picture taken with "Duck Dynasty" star Willie Robertson. Robertson took his father's small duck call business and turned it into a multi-million dollar business that sparked the niche program that now airs on A&E.

"That was a neat thing to get a picture with him," Lotulelei said. "I can't wait to get back and tell some of people at home. You can watch this stuff on TV, but there is nothing like being here. Just being here, man, I think I can do this all year around."

Lotulelei was accompanied by a handful of his new Carolina teammates, including third-round draft pick Edmund Kugbila from Valdosta State.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

it really does give you a whole new appreciation for it when you go there and take part in it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Wonder if Willie Robertson knew who he was when they were introduced

Posted · Report post

More people would find out how much fun it is if they would just give it a try and actually go to a race. Also I highly recommend at least the 3 lap ride along racing experience. It will give you a whole new appreciation for what those guys do. I got 2 passes for the experience for my birthday. It will be my second time. Truly an amazing, well, experience.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ill admit I have been a NASCAR downer but I went this weekend and had a freakin fantastic time! Got onto pit row before the race and that was insane.

If you go, you definitely have to camp for the weekend. Great experience!

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's a fun experience; I recommend everyone do it once. For me it's like baseball, so much better when it's live.

Posted · Report post

I'd watch NASCAR if it was more like Twisted Metal.

Posted · Report post

I'd watch NASCAR if it was more like Twisted Metal.

That's like saying I'd watch football if it was more like Blitz. Or I'd watch basketball if it was more like NBA Jam.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

And....

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Smh...

Posted · Report post

The tailgating was fun.

Nascar is a worthless type of racing, however.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like the Nascar but I don't thing long races are better. I end up surfing the web until the last 50 laps.