Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gil Brandt: Luke Kuechly Next Great LB

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree with everything but point #5... dude had no help up the middle protecting him. 

Posted

I still chuckle when I think of all the debates I got into that felt that we should have gone DT instead of picking Luke or those that thought all of his tackles in college were because they were funneled to him or other such BS. I can't wait until we say the same thing about all those posters who wanted a receiver instead of Star.

Was there any poster that wanted a receiver instead of Star? Please name them so we can point and laugh.

3 people like this

Posted

And I can already hear the money been sucked out of the Panthers bank account into Lukes in about 3 more years from now. We will paying this guy mega dollars. Say around 80 mill. atleast if we want to keep him. Some are worried about Cam contract in about 2 years from now. Wait until Lukes contract comes up. We will be paying out of our butt just to keep him.

How ya been Mr Hurney?

Posted

I've never been a defensive guy as i've always coveted offensive players but this damn Luke Kuechly has slowly become my favorite player after #89.

Posted

Was there any poster that wanted a receiver instead of Star? Please name them so we can point and laugh.

I think what many argued, me included, was would shouldn't of doubled down at DT. Draft a DT and add a recieving target. Double down was the debate.....not Star or Short's ability

Posted

Thank you Mr. Hurney !!

Posted

There is that one guy, I forget his name, in another thread that was pretty adamantly arguing we should have drafted Hopkins instead of Star....

But most of the WR crowd are saying we should have taken one of the WRs that were available in the 2nd instead of Short.

Posted

There is that one guy, I forget his name, in another thread that was pretty adamantly arguing we should have drafted Hopkins instead of Star....

But most of the WR crowd are saying we should have taken one of the WRs that were available in the 2nd instead of Short.

I would have liked Escobar in the second that's just me though

1 person likes this

Posted

The Hopkins supporters generally backed him or the TE as potential picks if Gettlemen was locked in on Short. All goes back to being against the double down.

and Gettlemen, already acknowledged they debated between Star, and TE, and an unnamed player. Could of been Hopkins who they brought in a couple times.

I like Star personally...so I think they should of gone DT and then not DT.

Posted

Well if Gettleman had drafted a WR/TE in the first BANKING on Short being there in the second, that would have been incompetence of the greatest magnitude. If a guy like Star is there, you don't pass because you were planning on addressing that position later. Not only are you taking an inferior football player in the first (like any WR or TE in this year's draft would have been) but you run the risk of getting neither if your planned target is gone when you pick.

I can understand the disagreement on doubling down (though I agree with it because Short is a better prospect than any of the available pass catchers) but any idea of taking someone other than Star in the first ate ludicrous.

Posted

And I believe it's been said the third player was Rhodes. I dunno if that's just speculation or confirmed.

Posted

He and Patrick Willis are the next generation's Urlacher and Lewis.