39 replies to this topic

#16 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

And I can already hear the money been sucked out of the Panthers bank account into Lukes in about 3 more years from now. We will paying this guy mega dollars. Say around 80 mill. atleast if we want to keep him. Some are worried about Cam contract in about 2 years from now. Wait until Lukes contract comes up. We will be paying out of our butt just to keep him.

LB' make a fraction of what QB's make. Luke will certainly deserve a big raise, but it will be well short of Cam's deal.

#17 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Luke's gonna be a good. Said the same things about Beas... God bless that man.

#18 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Good article.

#19 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

I still chuckle when I think of all the debates I got into that felt that we should have gone DT instead of picking Luke or those that thought all of his tackles in college were because they were funneled to him or other such BS.  I can't wait until we say the same thing about all those posters who wanted a receiver instead of Star.

#20 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

I am all for Luke being the next great LB.  It would be awesome to have that caliber level player on the defense.  I will continue to temper my excitement until it happens.  I think we all felt this way with Dan Morgan and even Beason in a way.  Sadly it was injuries that resulted in that not materializing for both of them.  Having Luke on the roster though is a great place to be in and looking forward to watching him progress.  

#21 ThatNiggaManny

ThatNiggaManny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Carolina

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

I'd hit that.

#22 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

I really do hope he becomes a great LB for panthers I want the team to be able to have a good history of great players to have played on the Defensive side of the ball that just stood out from any player the team has ever had.

#23 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,982 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

he's not gonna get fuging 80 million dollars. that is retarded.

Could be 60-70....

Beason got a 50 million deal two years ago....so factoring in inflation from then until Luke would sign

#24 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Yea, I'd guess it'll be in the neighborhood of 5 years $55mil

#25 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

I agree with everything but point #5... dude had no help up the middle protecting him. 

#26 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,997 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

I still chuckle when I think of all the debates I got into that felt that we should have gone DT instead of picking Luke or those that thought all of his tackles in college were because they were funneled to him or other such BS. I can't wait until we say the same thing about all those posters who wanted a receiver instead of Star.

Was there any poster that wanted a receiver instead of Star? Please name them so we can point and laugh.

#27 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

And I can already hear the money been sucked out of the Panthers bank account into Lukes in about 3 more years from now. We will paying this guy mega dollars. Say around 80 mill. atleast if we want to keep him. Some are worried about Cam contract in about 2 years from now. Wait until Lukes contract comes up. We will be paying out of our butt just to keep him.

How ya been Mr Hurney?

#28 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,527 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

I've never been a defensive guy as i've always coveted offensive players but this damn Luke Kuechly has slowly become my favorite player after #89.

#29 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,982 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Was there any poster that wanted a receiver instead of Star? Please name them so we can point and laugh.

I think what many argued, me included, was would shouldn't of doubled down at DT. Draft a DT and add a recieving target. Double down was the debate.....not Star or Short's ability

#30 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,916 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thank you Mr. Hurney !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com