Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets (Bobcats) Interested In DeMarcus Cousins

98 posts in this topic

Posted

This WILL not happen. If we even had a chance, it's completely obliterated by the Cavs also being interested. They have the #1 pick and numerous other assets to trade for Cousins, while we have the #4 pick and nothing else the Kings would want outside of maybe Kemba. Don't even give it a second thought...

It's not likely to happen, but it really depends on what the teams are willing to give up.

If the Cavs are only willing to give up the first overall pick, but the Cats or Mavericks are willing to give up multiple first rounders for him.

It's reported that the Kings are looking for at least two first round picks. 

Posted

ESPN Insider has some potential trades up...

Cavs giving up #1, Waiters, and Zeller for Cousins.

Also has them dealing Varejao, #19, & #31 to CHI for Deng

Yeah if they're willing to give up anywhere close to that in terms of pieces, the Horncats have no shot. 

Posted

Like hell I would trade two firsts for RUN DMC, forget that.

I would give them our 4th overall pick and Ramon Sessions, nothing more than that.

Then we could just sign a back-up point guard in free agency like Nate Robinson, Jose Calderon, or Jarrett Jack.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to have Cousins: 

Maybe #4, Portland Pick and ___________....(Not Kemba, MKG or Biz) 

I hate giving up two picks but would do it. 

Posted

Two first rounder for a player that may or may not resign with us and on top of that is an extreme head case? Yeah... not happening.

Posted

Two first rounder for a player that may or may not resign with us and on top of that is an extreme head case? Yeah... not happening.

What if it's a sign and trade with Cousins getting a 4 year deal. I myself wouldn't do it either way. 

1 person likes this

Posted

What if it's a sign and trade with Cousins getting a 4 year deal. I myself wouldn't do it either way. 

As long as it's Portland's pick (and not Detroit's which is much more valuable) and we are not throwing any players in the deal.

Posted

Wouldn't you need to throw in players to match salaries?

Posted

Unless I'm missing something here... DMC would have to resign with us if we wanted to resign him; he'll be a restricted FA. 

I'd probably give up two firsts (#4 and Portland pick), as well as Sessions or something for a talent like him, but only after sitting down with him and asking him how he would feel in Charlotte (although I'm not sure if we could legally talk to him). I absolutely do want a motivated DeMarcus Cousins (we're talking a 20-10 big with great passing skills and a jumper), but if Cousins isn't feeling Charlotte then I wouldn't do the trade. 

Posted

Wouldn't you need to throw in players to match salaries?

I'm not sure, I think if the team receiving the player has enough cap room then it shouldn't matter. We clearly have enough cap room to take in his 3m base salary for this year.

Posted

ESPN Insider has some potential trades up...

Cavs giving up #1, Waiters, and Zeller for Cousins.

Also has them dealing Varejao, #19, & #31 to CHI for Deng

Yeah if they're willing to give up anywhere close to that in terms of pieces, the Horncats have no shot. 

Damn imgaine that: Kyrie, Deng, Thompson, and Cousins. That's a nasty bunch.

Posted

If they trade for cousins, we won't have any pick in the draft.

Just what a young, building team needs. Lol.

How is he going to behave when they are in one of their 14 game losing streaks next season?

1 person likes this