Photo
- - - - -

Chris Paul upset with Clippers organization.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

http://espn.go.com/l...ing-free-agency

Chris Paul is upset with the Los Angeles Clippers organization because he is being widely blamed for the firing of Vinny Del ***** as the Clippers' coach, according to a source close to the situation.

How much of an impact this will have on Paul's decision to re-sign with the Clippers as a free agent is not clear, but the source conceded that Paul's anger could lead him to look elsewhere.

"He's angry right now and his anger is directed toward the Clippers organization," the source said. "Chris is a man of principle and if he feels like you've gone against his principles, it will affect how he feels about you. He's very agitated that his name has been put out there as the reason for Vinny's firing. He had nothing to do with it."

It has been widely assumed that Paul will re-sign with the Clippers this summer. He often has spoken as if it's a foregone conclusio

Plus, the Clippers can offer him a five-year, $108 million deal, $28 million more than any other club. But the source said he would not put it past Paul to turn down more money if he feels strongly that he's been slighted.

#2 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,144 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

fun offseason

#3 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Sign and trade.

CP3 for D12.

Get it done.

#4 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

So a source says CP3 had something to do with their head coach getting fired, and now another source denies CP3 had anything to do with it. Interesting...

#5 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,745 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

CP3 hated Vinny.  He feuded with Blake.  He doesn't think the Clippers were serious enough.  Donald Sterling is the owner.

Yeah, he gone. 

#6 JccOldTime23

JccOldTime23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

He didn't want to be a Clipper anyway. Remember the first CP3 trade was to the Lakers and it was rejected by the then owner of the New Orleans Hornets David Stern. He just wanted off the New Orleans franchise because at the time it was a mess. I bet he hates seeing the other two of his former "big 3" both progressing farther than him with Chandler getting a ring in Dallas and West in the Eastern Conference Finals when CP3 has never been past game 7 of the second round. I think he either goes to Atlanta or Houston with D12.

#7 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

god please let it be atlanta. 

#8 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

he should be pissed at Stern for blocking the trade that should have sent him to the Lakers!!!

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,637 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Sterling has long been regarded as one of the worst, if not the worst, owners in sports.

#10 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Chris Paul is getting blamed for Vinny's firing?

Makes no sense, they should be celebrating whoever got Vinny canned, not blaming him

#11 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

So a source says CP3 had something to do with their head coach getting fired, and now another source denies CP3 had anything to do with it. Interesting...

Lol

#12 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

1. He isn't coming here.

2. Sterling is a strong contender for worst owner in American sports history. 

#13 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

We are pipe dreaming at bringing CP3 or Howard to Charlotte unless they are at the backend of their careers and everybody else is out of cap space...

#14 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

We are pipe dreaming at bringing CP3 or Howard to Charlotte unless they are at the backend of their careers and everybody else is out of cap space...

exactly. I could CP3 coming here in like 12 years right before he retires but neither one of these dudes are coming here anytime soon. 

I'm excited about the Hornets coming back but everyone needs to get a grip. they will be lucky to win 25 games next year

#15 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

exactly. I could CP3 coming here in like 12 years right before he retires but neither one of these dudes are coming here anytime soon. 

I'm excited about the Hornets coming back but everyone needs to get a grip. they will be lucky to win 25 games next year

Agreed, some fans are getting a little too caught up in Bee-lieving (see what i did there) that in bringing back the buzz, we are automatically a large-market attractive team that everyone wants to play for...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users