Photo
- - - - -

Rockets trying to trade Thomas Robinson

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yeah, he isn't winning any awards for sure, but he is a talented player that needs to develop a better mid-range jumper due to being an undersized 4 man

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, he isn't winning any awards for sure, but he is a talented player that needs to develop a better mid-range jumper due to being an undersized 4 man

I dont think he's undersized. He's listed at 6'10 with shoes and many were concern with him coming out being at around 6'8? without shoes. I think he has good size to play the PF position, especially if many thinks that Anthony Bennett at 6'8 can do it.

T-rob is still very young and has a lot of potential. If he can find a mid range jumper he'll be something to watch for. I believe that T-Rob is going to be a defensive presence in the paint and a very good rebounder in a couple of years.

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

I'd give up a protected 2nd rounder for him, that's about it though. 

#19 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

yeah I would do a future 2nd round pick for him... I never really liked him in the draft process but for cheap I think he can be a solid role player. I didn't really see him much this year, but he has always been a strong character guy and plays hard. I could see him fitting in giving us 10 hard minutes of defense and rebounds while we wait for him to develop his mid-range jumper.

#20 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

No, he's complete garbage.

There is a reason that he has already been traded once.

And to think a lot of to guys wanted him to begin with... smh.

When you say complete garbage you are being kind..he is just a tweener with no specialized skill that can help a franchise as of now..or the next couple of years.

#21 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Quick question...for all of those bashing T-Rob how many games have yall seen him play?

Also were you also bashing Kemba after his rookie year and now are kissing his ass? 

I will be honest I haven't seen him play much this year. I want him based on the fact that we have nothing at PF! The Portland pick or like some of you are suggesting a 2nd rounder is very little risk. This guy could be good. 

#22 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

at most give the pdx pick.  at most.

#23 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Quick question...for all of those bashing T-Rob how many games have yall seen him play?

Also were you also bashing Kemba after his rookie year and now are kissing his ass?

I will be honest I haven't seen him play much this year. I want him based on the fact that we have nothing at PF! The Portland pick or like some of you are suggesting a 2nd rounder is very little risk. This guy could be good.

Ive seen T rob play about 6 times for Sac and maybe two for Hou...most of summer league, college.

#24 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Ive seen T rob play about 6 times for Sac and maybe two for Hou...most of summer league, college.

So after seeing 8 games in the Pros you feel comfortable writing a guy off? 

Also, you labeled him as a Tweener. Why do you feel like he is a tweener?

Like I said I haven't seen him play and the only thing I can see from highlights is that he is a good athlete. He seems to be good in transition and with putbacks. He has a PF body type. Does he have no post game or just prefers shooting jumpers?

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

When you say complete garbage you are being kind..he is just a tweener with no specialized skill that can help a franchise as of now..or the next couple of years.

6'10 PF is a "tweener"?

#26 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

I can into this thread thinking that this would be "wow already about to be traded to his third team in less than a year, holy poo am I glad we didn't waste a draft pick on this guy."

....but then I realized carolinachuck started this thread

although I will give you props for a good conversation starter 

#27 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

did you? I can look at his stats, and see that he has been unwanted by two franchises in less than a year to tell me something isn't clicking with this kid. Furthermore, one of those franchises is still putting up with Royce White!!

for a second rounder I really would go either way, but no way am I wasting anything other than that on him

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

I can into this thread thinking that this would be "wow already about to be traded to his third team in less than a year, holy poo am I glad we didn't waste a draft pick on this guy."

....but then I realized carolinachuck started this thread

although I will give you props for a good conversation starter 

Funny. I mean I was vouching for T-rob last year.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

did you? I can look at his stats, and see that he has been unwanted by two franchises in less than a year to tell me something isn't clicking with this kid. Furthermore, one of those franchises is still putting up with Royce White!!

for a second rounder I really would go either way, but no way am I wasting anything other than that on him

Sac traded T-rob for salary purposes. Houston is trying to trade him to free up cap space for a Dwight Howard move. Nothing speaks of him not being able to play in the league or any issues off the court.

#30 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

In my last post, I said I haven't seen him nearly enough to make a judgement on him. I would also agree with chuck that there are circumstances why he is being let go. 

Please find me any article about what a bad seed this guy is. I saw a talented, athletic player when he was at Kansas. He was traded to Houston while Houston was trying to collect "assets". 

I for one hope we are able to collect that asset. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users