Dude is a scrub

I wouldn't trade a 3rd round pick for him

#12 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

How often do teams trade their top 5 pick in their rookie season?

That's all you need to know.

TRob is going to wash out of the league pretty quickly.

Never.  Literally never.  That doesnt tell you that he is a bust, that tells you the Kings have no fuging clue what they are doing running a franchise.

He never got a chance with the Kings since they already have solid big men (Cousins and Jason Thompson), and instead of doing what most lottery teams would do in their situation (cut minutes from your vets and play your rookie to see what happens) they gave him away. 

Unfortunately for Robinson, he doesnt really make sense on the Rockets either since he cant shoot 3s or defend the rim and those are the most important qualities their team looks for in big guys.

I'm not saying Robinson is going to be good, he could very easily be playing in Europe in a few years.  But acting like the guys career is over because of a shitty rookie season where he never got a chance to play?  I'm not buying it, especially when there are other teams out there who just spent an entire season starting Byron Mullens and Josh Mcroberts at PF

#13 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

How often do teams trade their top 5 pick in their rookie season?

That's all you need to know.

TRob is going to wash out of the league pretty quickly.

I agree that the writing is on the wall and most players that hop from team to team this early in there career do fizzle out, but I do think it is too early for the verdict to be in on TRob.

Joe Johnson was traded by Celtics to Suns in his rookie year halfway through the season, then traded to the Hawks 3 years later only to now be consider a max level player.

Rasheed Wallace traded from Washington to Portland after rookie year.

Chris Webber was one and done in Golden State only that was more his doing than the team wanting to trade him. (I think he excercised a one-year option in his rookie deal)

Kevin Johnson was traded from Cleveland to Phoenix near the end of his rookie year.

The initial trade from Sacremento to Houston was shocking, but Houston now wants to trade him strictly to relieve cap room in order to go after Dwight Howard.  As long as we don't give up any more than a 2nd round pick, maybe a late first (not that we have any) or some cash considerations, i think a young team like the Bobcats/ Hornets could help TRob get some playing time and NBA confidence.  I was high on him before the draft last year, and although undersized, I just don't see a guy with his length and build leaving the league so soon.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

I agree that the writing is on the wall and most players that hop from team to team this early in there career do fizzle out, but I do think it is too early for the verdict to be in on TRob.

Joe Johnson was traded by Celtics to Suns in his rookie year halfway through the season, then traded to the Hawks 3 years later only to now be consider a max level player.

Rasheed Wallace traded from Washington to Portland after rookie year.

Chris Webber was one and done in Golden State only that was more his doing than the team wanting to trade him. (I think he excercised a one-year option in his rookie deal)

Kevin Johnson was traded from Cleveland to Phoenix near the end of his rookie year.

The initial trade from Sacremento to Houston was shocking, but Houston now wants to trade him strictly to relieve cap room in order to go after Dwight Howard. As long as we don't give up any more than a 2nd round pick, maybe a late first (not that we have any) or some cash considerations, i think a young team like the Bobcats/ Hornets could help TRob get some playing time and NBA confidence. I was high on him before the draft last year, and although undersized, I just don't see a guy with his length and build leaving the league so soon.

This!

There was reasons that Trob was traded from Sac and now Houston wanting to trade him. It says nothing that he can't play in this league.

As far as I know, that Sac team is a capable Playoffs team with Evans, Cousins, etc. Sac has no clue to winning. We have less talents than they do and is just as good as them.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Dude is a scrub

I wouldn't trade a 3rd round pick for him

Think you made your point in the last two posts.

#16 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yeah, he isn't winning any awards for sure, but he is a talented player that needs to develop a better mid-range jumper due to being an undersized 4 man

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, he isn't winning any awards for sure, but he is a talented player that needs to develop a better mid-range jumper due to being an undersized 4 man

I dont think he's undersized. He's listed at 6'10 with shoes and many were concern with him coming out being at around 6'8? without shoes. I think he has good size to play the PF position, especially if many thinks that Anthony Bennett at 6'8 can do it.

T-rob is still very young and has a lot of potential. If he can find a mid range jumper he'll be something to watch for. I believe that T-Rob is going to be a defensive presence in the paint and a very good rebounder in a couple of years.

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

I'd give up a protected 2nd rounder for him, that's about it though. 

#19 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNC
HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

yeah I would do a future 2nd round pick for him... I never really liked him in the draft process but for cheap I think he can be a solid role player. I didn't really see him much this year, but he has always been a strong character guy and plays hard. I could see him fitting in giving us 10 hard minutes of defense and rebounds while we wait for him to develop his mid-range jumper.

#20 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The Yumbo of the Huddle

• LocationColumbia, South Kacky
HUDDLER

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

No, he's complete garbage.

There is a reason that he has already been traded once.

And to think a lot of to guys wanted him to begin with... smh.

When you say complete garbage you are being kind..he is just a tweener with no specialized skill that can help a franchise as of now..or the next couple of years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users