#31 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

I feel we have decent BACKUPS in Mullens/McRoberts/Biz, we just need STARTERS down low.  Not sure TRob is in that class right now.  Granted I wouldn't mind for a 2nd either, AND if we couldn't find some help in FA down low.

#32 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

If they wanna trade someone Id rather have Asik. Yeah his contract is terrible but he is a guaranteed 10/10 guy.

#33 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

If they wanna trade someone Id rather have Asik. Yeah his contract is terrible but he is a guaranteed 10/10 guy.

The contract being terrible is what got us in trouble in the 1st place.... Nazr and Diop. We have to stop looking short term and see the big picture. He has a annual salary hit of 8 mill and in 2 yrs it would be a 15mill dollar hit. I'd much rather shell out 10ish million for Pekovic/Millsap

#34 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

The contract being terrible is what got us in trouble in the 1st place.... Nazr and Diop. We have to stop looking short term and see the big picture. He has a annual salary hit of 8 mill and in 2 yrs it would be a 15mill dollar hit. I'd much rather shell out 10ish million for Pekovic/Millsap

I get where you are coming from but I don't think you will get Millsap or Pek for 10 mill its probably going to take closer to 12-13 and even then their isn't a guarantee they come here. But if Houston takes a second for Asik you do it.

#35 CackalackCat

CackalackCat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

did you? I can look at his stats, and see that he has been unwanted by two franchises in less than a year to tell me something isn't clicking with this kid. Furthermore, one of those franchises is still putting up with Royce White!!

for a second rounder I really would go either way, but no way am I wasting anything other than that on him

Yes, lets look at stats because that's what the smart people do. TRob averaged 4.8 points per game and 4.5 rebounds per game in his rookie year. Gerald Wallace (one our greatest players) averaged 3.3 points per game and 2.1 rebounds per game his first 3 years with SAC.

So what's the problem with trading for a guy who is almost twice as good as one of our greatest players? And yes I'm being sarcastic.

#36 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yes, lets look at stats because that's what the smart people do. TRob averaged 4.8 points per game and 4.5 rebounds per game in his rookie year. Gerald Wallace (one our greatest players) averaged 3.3 points per game and 2.1 rebounds per game his first 3 years with SAC.

So what's the problem with trading for a guy who is almost twice as good as one of our greatest players? And yes I'm being sarcastic.

so why did Sac give up on him after half a season, but stick with Gerald for three? 

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

No way Houston trading away Asik. The dude is one of the good piece on that team. They want Howard and Asik in the paint together.

#38 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

I'd take a shot at him so long as it does not cost a 1st rd pick ever.

#39 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

I leave for about a week and this thread is still going? What the hell... it ain't happening. 

#40 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

No way Houston trading away Asik. The dude is one of the good piece on that team. They want Howard and Asik in the paint together.

Exactly he is a good piece; it is why I would rather have him.

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Exactly he is a good piece; it is why I would rather have him.

Yea, as bad as his contract might seem to be he earns every dime of it with his plays this past season.

#42 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

what we do is trade Hendo for T-Rob, draft Shabazz, sign Al Jefferson

then we walk into this season with

Kemba

MKG

Shabazz

T-Rob