the three 2012 rookies

#33 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

I don't think there's any doubt he's a top ten QB, this is the second year he was voted in the top 10 for QB's by the Players. His stats hold up to the rest. On top of that he's the most dynamic QB in the league with his legs and ability to score running the ball. 

#34 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Ben isn't in the Top 8-10 anymore, in my opinion. He's consistently gone down hill for the past couple of years. Romo never was in the Top 10 for me, he's too erratic. Flacco, to me, isn't up there either. He's a checkdown artist, that happen to get a couple fast, vertical receivers to really help him out (and he has an outstanding offensive line).

To me, the list is something like this

TIER 1 - no particular order. these guys are the elite.

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Peyton

TIER 2 - next tier down, franchise guys who can lead their team to victory

Ryan

Cam

Luck

Eli

TIER 3 - Next group of guys, good, but not elite

Stafford

RG3

Romo

Big Ben

Rivers

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Ben isn't in the Top 8-10 anymore, in my opinion. He's consistently gone down hill for the past couple of years. Romo never was in the Top 10 for me, he's too erratic. Flacco, to me, isn't up there either. He's a checkdown artist, that happen to get a couple fast, vertical receivers to really help him out (and he has an outstanding offensive line).

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Peyton

Ryan
Cam
Luck
Eli

Stafford
RG3
Romo
Big Ben
Rivers

Big Ben in tier 3?

#36 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Peyton

Ryan

Cam

Luck

Eli

Stafford

RG3

Romo

Big Ben

Rivers

I like your points, tiers and rankings (or at least have no big problem with them). 

It's interesting, what you said about Big Ben. Because, with so many Panthers fans screaming how Cam should run more Read Option (some of them), and over looking the Offensive Line sometimes, we just have to point to Big Ben for sobriety. 

The reason why some of us want Cam throwing more (nothing wrong with scrambling when the play breaks down or a few designed runs per game), is because all those hits eventually catches up with you. And we already hear, all too often about how 'tough Cam is', which is the same thing we heard for years about Big Ben. 

Panther fans, want Cam to be healthy in the upcoming years, as he develops, progresses as a QB. 

Simple as that!

#37 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Big Ben in tier 3?

See: the post below yours for incredible insight to the Big Ben situation.

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

I like your points, tiers and rankings (or at least have no big problem with them).

It's interesting, what you said about Big Ben. Because, with so many Panthers fans screaming how Cam should run more Read Option (some of them), and over looking the Offensive Line sometimes, we just have to point to Big Ben for sobriety.

The reason why some of us want Cam throwing more (nothing wrong with scrambling when the play breaks down or a few designed runs per game), is because all those hits eventually catches up with you. And we already hear, all too often about how 'tough Cam is', which is the same thing we head for years about Big Ben.

Panther fans, want Cam to be healthy in the upcoming years, as he develops, progresses as a QB.

Simple as that!

Big Ben takes a pounding bc he stays alive so long...yet doesn't have the ability to run and really escape. Cam can buy time like Ben....but he can also get the heck out of Dodge. Ben can't, he shrugs people off until he goes down or gets popped.

I want Cam to run bc it is what he is...and is a physical mismatch the league has never seen. Outside of short yardage work....he should always run. Steve Young ran at almost near 40.

#39 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Big Ben takes a pounding bc he stays alive so long...yet doesn't have the ability to run and really escape. Cam can buy time like Ben....but he can also get the heck out of Dodge. Ben can't, he shrugs people off until he goes down or gets popped.

I want Cam to run bc it is what he is...and is a physical mismatch the league has never seen. Outside of short yardage work....he should always run. Steve Young ran at almost near 40.

Point well taken. And good points on Big Ben. No argument there. 

However, I was discussing specifically too much read option (and short yardage, as you mentioned).

Many defenders will take hits/go after Cam in the read option, and that will eventually take it's toll (along with short yardage hits). That's what I was really discussing.

Cam can scramble as much he wants in space, or when the play breaks down.  

#40 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Just because Flacco has a ring now doesn't mean you are obligated to put him in the red. Id take Cam over Flacco any day of the week and twice on Sunday

#41 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Aaron Rodgers

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Eli Manning

Tony Romo

I like Cam over Big Ben and Flacco.

I'd take him over Romo too, but I think Romo is a really good QB that people sleep/hate on.

#42 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm sorry and I hate to say it, but if we're simply talking about performance as a quarterback and taking wins out of the equation (which we'd unfortunately have to do in talking about Cam), then I'd have to say that Tony Romo is one of the best passers in the league, and a much better passer of the football than Cam.

Not saying I'd take Tony Romo over Cam Newton any day of the week, but this is just the simple truth. The man has had some pretty incredible seasons.

BUT with that said, he can't win a game for his life in the 4th, he's like a million years old, he's grossly overpaid, and you flick him and he's injured. Not saying I'd want him on my team EVER, but he's still an efficient passer.

#43 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm sorry and I hate to say it, but if we're simply talking about performance as a quarterback and taking wins out of the equation (which we'd unfortunately have to do in talking about Cam), then I'd have to say that Tony Romo is one of the best passers in the league, and a much better passer of the football than Cam.

Not saying I'd take Tony Romo over Cam Newton any day of the week, but this is just the simple truth. The man has had some pretty incredible seasons.

BUT with that said, he can't win a game for his life in the 4th, he's like a million years old, he's grossly overpaid, and you flick him and he's injured. Not saying I'd want him on my team EVER, but he's still an efficient passer.

Last season in the 4th quarter when the game was within 7 Romo had a 64.6 completion %, 5 TDs, and 2 INTs. The season he had a 60.8 completion %, 6 TDs, and 2 INTs. Don't know why people keep saying this but he has played more than good enough to win in the 4th quarter.

#44 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

I believe I would not be upset if I had RG3 (HEALTHY), Luck, or Wilson on my team. Not sure about kaep, he had really good team but he might would be in this list next year.

However, I would choose Cam to lead my team for the next 15 years. I would rather have Cam over rg3, wilson, and kaep because of size; I would want him over Luck because of arm strength. Also, this is just my OPINION, but i believe he has higher portential.

No one can truly say, and be accurate, that Cam hasn't played the same if not better than the young qbs mentioned. He is also the least polished. So when it does start clicking for him....He will the best. IMHO

#45 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Romo shouldn't even be on this list near Cam at all. Out of all the quarterbacks on the list he should be the last one mentioned. Cam is two times better than Romo. Half of Cowboys fans don't even like him. I can't even believe they put Vick near Cam. We are talking about the best quarterback at this time and Vick, Rivers, Dalton, Homo, and Bradford just aren't near him right now. RG3, Luck, Kearpatrick, and Wilson are not better than Cam, but they are all at the about the same level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com