Photo
- - - - -

Hornets Art Concept

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#13 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I do not think anything is set in stone and I do not think that it is far-fetched to think that they will try to return to original logos and/or color schemes.

You don't invest in research teams and studies that conclude the name change will be desirable and profitbable in the city, make the announcement public to get everyone pumped, and then decide to bring back a modified version of what everyone wants. 

I expect there to be subtle differences with the new Hornets brand as they come back, and I understand that you will never be able to match the atmospehere of the old Charlotte coliseum due to the sheer size in comparison with TWC arena, but to think that they decided to make this change and completely overhaul the old Hornet image is "silly"

Not really, they've set out to redesign the logo and uniforms. MJ has said he hasn't decided to use the old colors or not. BTW, they are seriously outdated now. It's much more likely that the new logo is completely redone and that the colors are modernized then to think they use seriously outdated colors and just slight tweaks to an already really old logo.  Btw, I don't like the logo in the OP. I just don't expect the same colors or logo. I've never expected the old logo even with just slight tweaks. I've never expected the old colors either. 

I mean check out the back drop behind MJ in the press release or the Back the Buzz site, it's got the current colors mixed in there. 

The blue on the back the buzz part of the Bobcats site is a different shade. (it's the blue from the bobcats logo, btw)

Everything they've shown so far indicates them changing the colors, even MJ said they wouldn't go full out with the colors and logo.

At the same time, the new Hornets can't appear to be a simple copy of the earlier incarnation. As Jordan noted, some teal and purple lettering does not mean the franchise will adopt the same look, and that would be a mistake. This management team needs to create something that can work in the future, not just a cute bit of nostalgia.

http://sports.yahoo....-234934436.html

#14 Niner National

Niner National

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

The colors need to be the same as the original.

I don't mind the logo being updated some, but that concept isn't very good. It looks like a WNBA logo.

#15 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

In an interview after the press conference "As I posted above" MJ stated that using the same look of the old Hornets, using the same colors for a bit of cute nostalgia is a mistake. The new uniforms, logo and colors need to work for the future as well. Also said not to expect that based on some lettering and outlines behind him in the press conference. 

He basically calls the Hornet colors outdated and fans wanting Cute, and Nostalgic uniforms silly, but not in a mean way. lol 

#16 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Dont stray away from the original logo too much

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, that Hornet looks delicate, fragile, and effeminate and the teal and purple needs to be incorporated.  If they want to add the carolina blue as trim, fine, but not a primary. 

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, that Hornet looks delicate, fragile, and effeminate and the teal and purple needs to be incorporated.  If they want to add the carolina blue as trim, fine, but not a primary. 

I most definitely think that purple and teal will be incorporated. It may just be used as an outline or as secondary colors, maybe even one of them being the main color. I just don't think both are going to be primary colors, I think it will be a mix of the current Bobcats colors with the purple and teal added in. I'm just basing these off of MJ's nostalgia comments calling the old colors cute. lol 

#19 chubs2496

chubs2496

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yeah that's garbage and as far as mj not using the same colors. That makes no sense. Why would u not wanna bring back the highest selling attire in it's hay day. There's no point to bringing that to charlotte if that's how it's gonna look. But it's his team. He can eff it up all he wants. We know what we get when he's in control

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Not feeling any of that in the OP at all, WNBA crap.

Give the logo a tasteful update not a full overhaul, and if they don't atleast incorporate the old colors then this was all a waste. By making the decision to go back to the Hornets they have to go all in. I hope they get this right..

#21 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

The OP's bug is definitely a chick.  No way should it be associated with an NBA team. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see some tweeking done here and there, but if the organization strays too far from the original it will undermine the purpose of bringing the Hornets name back to life.  Significant changes will only help to disassociate the current team from the feelings of nostalgia the organization needs to evoke from the public. 

I think it would be smarter to stay close to the original for the first few years.  Once the Hornets are embraced by the city, then more modifications can be made. 

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

play_hornetsts2_576.jpg

Still would rather have the original but I found this concept for the new logo and I think it stays pretty true to the original with a more modern look.

cant be the original

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

I hope that's not what they're going for.

#24 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

Yaaaa no. That's bad.

And yes, I believe it's going to be Purple and Carolina blue (just look at the Back The Buzz shirts they handed out)...hopefully they don't butcher the brand. But can't wait to see what they go with...

Look at the new Winnipeg jets...they just came back but just like the new new Hornets , are a remake of an original franchise and a completely different franchise. (Winnipeg moved to Phoenix became the Coyotes, then Atlanta Trashers moved to Winnipeg and became the Jets)

They didn't copy the original look, they made a completely new one with a slight alteration to the colors and major alternations to the logos/script...I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see MJ and Co. Do the same