#1 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

http://www.cbssports...-make-noise-nfc

Carolina Panthers -- DE Craig Roh, Michigan: A freshman starter four years ago in Ann Arbor, Roh showed flashes of big-time potential. But his career never took off, and a big reason for that is the way the coaching staff moved him all over the defense. He started at outside linebacker before moving to defensive end and tackle, lining up in both three- and four-man fronts. Roh has an active motor and never gives up on plays, but he struggles to maintain leverage and brings a limited repertoire of pass-rush moves. His production leaves a lot to be desired for a four-year starter (10.5 career sacks), but his energy and versatile experience will give him a chance to earn a roster spot.

Haven't hear to much on the guy. Glad to know we might have a sleeper on board that others think highly of. What say you?

#2 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

The guy should have stayed in school.

#3 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,609 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

He sounds very unheralded.

#4 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,966 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

I have heard 2 other undrafted DEs mentioned in artlcles, but not Roh.  I see a PS spot the best he can hope for.  Winning a DE job here would be tough--I question why his agent allowed a DE to sign with us as an undrafted free agent.  Maybe we were the only interested team.

#5 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,416 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

F - Roh, F - UofM, I hope his dog is the only survivor of that house fire. Er, if his house catches fire, I hope the dog is the only one making it out.

#6 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,439 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Wow on 10.5 sacks in 4 years. Thats pretty bad.. NEXT.

#7 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,292 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

The top DEs in the draft had like 4 sacks on the season. Ziggy had horrible numbers but is a top 10 pick. You don't really draft on production you draft them on ceiling. He could have a high one given the right environment

#8 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

F - Roh, F - UofM, I hope his dog is the only survivor of that house fire. Er, if his house catches fire, I hope the dog is the only one making it out.

Not sure if serious...

#9 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,439 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

The top DEs in the draft had like 4 sacks on the season. Ziggy had horrible numbers but is a top 10 pick. You don't really draft on production you draft them on ceiling. He could have a high one given the right environment

If you are a DE in college trying to play in the NFL, you better have more than 2.5 sacks a season!!!

#10 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,416 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Not sure if serious...

The hate for UofM is total and real. F em'. This kid will not add anything to the team. And will probably get someone hurt while he flails around like a beached manatee with brain damage. I feel bad for his dog, poor thing didn't get to choose.

Actually, I don't know if he really has a dog. But if he does, I feel bad for the poor thing. If for some Zod forsaken reason he sticks around. I will temper my hatred towards him. However, the first time he trips over a blade of grass like some drunken Huddler, I will rail against him with all my might.

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

^^^ That sounds pretty stupid.

#12 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

If you are a DE in college trying to play in the NFL, you better have more than 2.5 sacks a season!!!

The #5 overal pick had a career total of 4.5 sacks in college. He was at BYU 3 years....didn't start all 3 but 4.5 is 4.5 career sacks.

#13 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,292 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

The #5 overal pick had a career total of 4.5 sacks in college. He was at BYU 3 years....didn't start all 3 but 4.5 is 4.5 career sacks.

Exactly. DEs more so then other positions get drafted off potential not production.

#14 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Pretty sure the article suggests he had low sack numbers because he played in several positions outside of DE. Its harder to get sacks from OLB and DT...

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

Pretty sure the article suggests he had low sack numbers because he played in several positions outside of DE. Its harder to get sacks from OLB and DT...

Exactly....Beason and Luke played OLB in college. They never got to the QB for sacks.

The kid is diverse with a motor...I'm sure if he played DE all 4 years he would have many more sacks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com