Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty's OTA observations

165 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Let's be real. Smith is at the place in his career where he's starting to look sideways at everybody that is coming for his reps. I know he's not a fake dude, but he's probably trying to remind everybody he's still the best we've got and it's not even close.

Posted · Report post

Let's be real. Smith is at the place in his career where he's starting to look sideways at everybody that is coming for his reps. I know he's not a fake dude, but he's probably trying to remind everybody he's still the best we've got and it's not even close.

Smitty has praised WRs before. This is simply the case where Steve isn't impressed with anything he sees from this group.

Posted · Report post

I didn't know that one could determine the quality of depth at a position from OTA's alone.

Hey ya learn something new everyday right?
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Maybe he doesn't want to show favoritism  and let them duke it out until the end

Posted · Report post

Smitty has praised WRs before. This is simply the case where Steve isn't impressed with anything he sees from this group.

Or that the DB's are really getting after it and impressing. He had praise for many if them.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

This shouldn't surprise me because we've got scrubs playing WR.  But I am liking the TE news.  Would love to see us go back to two TE sets.

Posted · Report post

Lol at Mike Mitchell

I hope he does good here

Posted · Report post

Nice, I like what he's saying about the DB's on the team. It's good to hear that they are looking good even if it's against the Panther's scrub WR's. lol 

Posted · Report post

Smitty has praised Lafell before, but for some reason he opted out to do so, I really hope he hasn't regressed. 

Posted · Report post

It's not even training camp yet people.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

As much as a Homer as I am, even I don't take too much stock in OTAs. They are a learning opportunity. The more you know, the better you play. Instincts combined with knowledge is what you want.

I am anticipating quite the battle between all these guys fighting to be the last man standing. IMO, the team likes Pilares, if he can continue the path he started last year. There is really only 1 spot remaining.

My money is on Adams. I just have this feeling. Maybe a pepto or something.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Smith is pretty straight forward IMO. We have a bunch of lower tier WRs competing against each other...

I doubt it is some master plan that he just knows they will tune in to him talking on the radio...and he is afraid to say how impressive some where bc it might cause someone to quit working so hard...

No one has impressed him clearly at WR. We didn't bring in anyone impressive and our old cast isn't....so it isn't a shock

You are correct in your personality assessment of Smitty however, I based my comment off of his previous statement regarding the new high intensity high tension competition. This is after all still football in shorts. Lets get the pads popping before we make declarations about a particular unit.
1 person likes this