Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty's OTA observations

165 posts in this topic

Posted

Smitty also stated that the WR's have been running a bunch of clear out routes for the TE's. I think he was saying as a whole, the WR's haven't really been getting much action. 

Posted

I love hearing Smitty talk. He doesn't sugarcoat much if anything at all. He also gives a insiders perspective on things. I'm glad he has been doing a lot of radio lately. I think he is staying out of the one on ones in training camp so that he won't get in trouble beating some of the young DBs up; in their chase for a spot on the roster, they will be fighting literally for a spot. So I think that is the reason Smitty will sit this one out. I think that Gettis will get back to his former self this year and be on the field a hell of a lot.  

I'm excited for Josh Thomas and I think he will snag that starting spot.

Posted

Smitty also stated that the WR's have been running a bunch of clear out routes for the TE's. I think he was saying as a whole, the WR's haven't really been getting much action. 

Keep sugar coating it however you want.  We don't have quality WRS past 89....

Posted

"which WR is looking good?"

"ummmm....we've got some TEs that are pretty good."

oye.

You'd think he'd at least say himself.

Posted

Some people on here are like girls. Over thinking everything and assuming the worst.

2 people like this

Posted

I personally think the WR #3 spot will be by committee, between Hixon, Gettis, and Pilares.

Ginn will make the team, but my confidence in him as a WR is along the lines of Armanti, and Joe Adams. 

Posted

OTAs are still just OTAs.

What information you can gain from watching them is highly general and limited.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some people on here are like girls. Over thinking everything and assuming the worst.

Yes because towing the company line and believing every position is chocked full of talented starter level players is what our actual reality is....

Posted

It's like clockwork. Every year people say we will be fine at WR, then at the end of the year we realize again it's more or less a one man show at the position. I'm sorry, but some of you need to take the blue lenses out of your glasses and realize we have a severe deficit of quality WRS on this team. Hopefully Gettis or Joe Adams comes out of no where this year, because other than Smitty those are the only two guys on the roster that have a potential number one or high quality number two level of impact....

Name two guys on the Pats,Ravens,49ers, Seahawks, or the Packers WR corps. Good teams don't need to be loaded. Just need role players.

2 people like this

Posted

Name two guys on the Pats,Ravens,49ers, Seahawks, or the Packers WR corps. Good teams don't need to be loaded. Just need role players.

Sidney Rice & Percy Harvin

Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and James Jones

Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin 

The only two that you can argue are Patriots and Ravens and they have Torrey Smith who is one of the best young receivers in the game.  Also the Patriots really isn't a good example because they have two freak TES that they use as WRS...

2 people like this

Posted

You'd think he'd at least say himself.

i think he's just acting as a spectator these days, or at least more than usual.

Posted

What makes it better? Adding an injury prone Hixon and one of the biggest WR bust in some time?

Another year of training, playing with Cam, and a couple of good players returning from injury?