Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you want Noel if he dropped?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd think I'd take that opportunity to trade back.

Posted

I think you would have to make the pick, unless someone offered you a kings ransom for him. Like 3 first round picks with no protection on them.

Posted

who wouldn't?

I wouldn't

Posted

I think you would have to make the pick, unless someone offered you a kings ransom for him. Like 3 first round picks with no protection on them.

Really??? Are you serious?? The next Brandon Wright is worth 3 1st round picks?? Did you just start watching basketball??

This is Noel with better offensive skills.

Posted

Noel has a lot of potential to become a decent center. The obvious issue is his knee, but if he returns healthy and adds some bulk, I feel he could bring his defensive talents to a team wanting to take a risk on him. Would I take him?

Maybe, but it depends on who is available. Let's say this happens:

#1 Porter, Cavs

#2 Burke, Magic

#3 Bennett, Wizards

In this scenario McLemore is still on the board and so is Noel. Now I'm a big fan of McLemore and would love us to pair him with Kemba. So for me I'd draft McLemore over Noel. Sure there is potential that we could trade back with a team like the T-Wolves for their pick (or picks) and/or Derrick Williams. Trading back might put us in a pposition to draft Oladipo, or a big like Zeller or Len. But that aside, if McLemore is available I'd take him over Noel.

If this scenario happens:

#1 McLemore, Cavs

#2 Burke, Magic

#3 Porter, Wizards

Now in this scenario I'm unsure about Bennett's ability to play at PF full time. Also while Oladipo brings immense athleticism, I am not sure I'd want to take him at #4. For me I'd probably rather take a risk on Noel in this scenario because according to reports he should come back healthy. So as long as our team does its research and that says the same, grab Noel because it would give us a potentially dominate defensive presence. Plus with Clifford's background he could be the type of player he may want.

So if Noel does fall to us, then we may take him but it depends who is available. I don't see us taking him over McLemore, if McLemore is available we'll take him or trade back with a team that wants him. But if McLemore is gone and Noel is on the board, I think we might take him over Bennett and Oladipo.

He's not a center. He's a skinny PF with no Offensive game.

Posted

Really??? Are you serious?? The next Brandon Wright is worth 3 1st round picks?? Did you just start watching basketball??

This is Noel with better offensive skills.

He's not the next Brandon Wright, lol. He's a better rebounder and shot blocker by a large margin over Wright. He's also a better on ball defender. So yea, it would be have to be a heck of a trade. There's a reason he's the top rated player in this draft. 

For two reasons why I'd be reluctant to trade him unless it was an amazing offer. 

A. He's an incredible shot blocker and defender.

B. He's not going to play a ton this season, which allows the Bobcats to be bad for another season. Which means better chances at a top 2-3 pick in the loaded 2014 draft. 

Posted

He's not the next Brandon Wright, lol. He's a better rebounder and shot blocker by a large margin over Wright. He's also a better on ball defender. So yea, it would be have to be a heck of a trade. There's a reason he's the top rated player in this draft. 

For two reasons why I'd be reluctant to trade him unless it was an amazing offer. 

A. He's an incredible shot blocker and defender.

B. He's not going to play a ton this season, which allows the Bobcats to be bad for another season. Which means better chances at a top 2-3 pick in the loaded 2014 draft. 

In College let's see how his 216 frame deals with grown men who will knock him around like a pool ball. Don't see him being a great Rebounder in the NBA when he can't get position.

1. He's the top pick because this draft sucks. Kwame Brown was a top pick the year he came out.

2. Your best reason is so we have a excuse to Tank!! Wow.

3. What we will have is a another Player who is offensively challenged. For a team that has never had a true Post scorer.

Yeah I see the logic in that.

Posted

In College let's see how his 216 frame deals with grown men who will knock him around like a pool ball. Don't see him being a great Rebounder in the NBA when he can't get position.

1. He's the top pick because this draft sucks. Kwame Brown was a top pick the year he came out.

2. Your best reason is so we have a excuse to Tank!! Wow.

3. What we will have is a another Player who is offensively challenged. For a team that has never had a true Post scorer.

Yeah I see the logic in that.

Noel has the frame to add weight and Strength. He's got potential offensively because of his leaping and rebounding ability. This draft doesn't really suck, it's really deep and you can get starter's in the 2nd round. It just isn't top heavy. 

There's not many low post scorers in the NBA anymore. Honestly, the Heat are the best team in the NBA and they don't have a low post or high post threat on the team. There really isn't a low post scorer in this draft, Len has the potential to be. So does Noel though. 

Right now this is a Wing driven league that wants defensive minded big's. 

Tanking is just an added bonus to Noel, if he helps you land Wiggins, Parker or Randle. Then helps as a defensive anchor once one of them is one the team then he is a successful pick. 

Also does it matter if the teams offensively challenged if the other team is also having issues scoring and it leads to wins? 

Posted

Noel has the frame to add weight and Strength. He's got potential offensively because of his leaping and rebounding ability. This draft doesn't really suck, it's really deep and you can get starter's in the 2nd round. It just isn't top heavy. 

There's not many low post scorers in the NBA anymore. Honestly, the Heat are the best team in the NBA and they don't have a low post or high post threat on the team. There really isn't a low post scorer in this draft, Len has the potential to be. So does Noel though. 

Right now this is a Wing driven league that wants defensive minded big's. 

Tanking is just an added bonus to Noel, if he helps you land Wiggins, Parker or Randle. Then helps as a defensive anchor once one of them is one the team then he is a successful pick. 

Also does it matter if the teams offensively challenged if the other team is also having issues scoring and it leads to wins? 

He can't add more then 20 without losing athleticism. So what you will have is  a 230lb to 235lb player in the post. Not good. You have no clue about the human body do you??

1. He has the potential to be a smaller Tyson Chandler. If you call that Offensive Potential then I don't know what to tell you.

2. Bismack has more potential then Noel. He has a better Frame just as good defensively and a better touch on his shot. Noel is no better then Bismack which we already have.

3. We're not going to be that good whoever we draft. We will be in the top 3 worse records regardless. I rather have a player who plays and gets game time exp. Instead of a player sitting on the bench most of the year.

4. Tell that wing player thing to teams like Indy, the Grizzles, and The Spurs. 3 out of the finally 4 teams in the playoffs. Only one team can have Lebron James. There  is a better chance at getting a post player then another Lebron.

Posted

I wouldn't

Good for you. I dont really care about your opinion

Posted

Good for you. I dont really care about your opinion

Yes you do.

Posted

Yes you do.

Are you Rich Cho or MJ?  No, so I dont give a fug.