Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vote for the Carolina Mt. Rushmore

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think I could vote for a kicker.

Kasay is not just a kicker, he is a close game winer.

Posted

I put Smith, Minter, Kasay, and Fox.

This is the era I watched. I became a fan in 2000, when I first started watching football.

I put one per group. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, and Coaching.

Posted

Two Panther Mt. Rushmores:

Best Players:

Smitty, Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Dan Morgan (honorable mention: Chris Gamble)

Fan Favorites:

Minter, Mills, Moose, Kasay

Owners and coaches don't belong on your Mt. Rushmore... I have enough internal problems putting a kicker on the list.

Posted

Why can I not forgive kasay after kicking the ball out of bounds at the superbowl? Can't give him my vote. smitty, mills, jr & jake

Posted

I'm going to add Greg Hardy by default for actually joining and interacting on the huddle.

Posted

Only players, no kickers:

Mills, Smith, Walls, Minter

Posted

How are so many people not mentioning Muhsin Muhammed? He's a lock.

Posted

Julius Peppers appeared on more than half the ballots. Just goes to show that the otherwise intelligent fans on the Huddle are inebriated on the Haterade (just like I alluded to a few weeks go). Smith on 96 percent of the ballots; Pep second at 52 percent.  :ass:

Posted

I chose

Delhomme, Kasay, Richardson and Smith.

Obviously Peppers was an amazing athlete but I feel now that (considering he's still active) he is considered a Bear, and if he were to have two more good years with the Bears he may even consider himself as such more so than a Panther. Honestly this could be hate in me, but I can never forgive him for stating "I won't do anything that will cripple the Panthers organization"...and then leaving. I've never heard an athlete make a claim like that only to leave. I wasn't at the negotiation tables however so who am I to say what really happened.

Delhomme-Fan favorite, consumate professional and put up a few good years. I feel though lacking elite status he is the epitome of what you want the Panthers to be. (minus his last year and playoff game)

Kasay- You all can make the argument that he's a kicker but he's the longest tenured Panther, great player great guy (See Delhomme)

Smith-Obvious. (though character would cause concerns; yet he is very active in the community and such)

Richardson- Simply thankful for him bringing football to the Carolinas!

Posted

I chose

Delhomme, Kasay, Richardson and Smith.

Obviously Peppers was an amazing athlete but I feel now that (considering he's still active) he is considered a Bear, and if he were to have two more good years with the Bears he may even consider himself as such more so than a Panther. Honestly this could be hate in me, but I can never forgive him for stating "I won't do anything that will cripple the Panthers organization"...and then leaving. I've never heard an athlete make a claim like that only to leave. I wasn't at the negotiation tables however so who am I to say what really happened.

Delhomme-Fan favorite, consumate professional and put up a few good years. I feel though lacking elite status he is the epitome of what you want the Panthers to be. (minus his last year and playoff game)

Kasay- You all can make the argument that he's a kicker but he's the longest tenured Panther, great player great guy (See Delhomme)

Smith-Obvious. (though character would cause concerns; yet he is very active in the community and such)

Richardson- Simply thankful for him bringing football to the Carolinas!

Right I mean if the bears go on to having moderate success in the next year or two I think peppers will retire a bear I mean even if he retired today I feel like he'd still be leaning towarda retiring a bear he doesnt deserve to be on this list and its bullshit that he is

Posted

Richardson, Smith, Peppers, Mills

That's what it should be. No way around it(yet)

Jerry is a no brainer people, come on...