Photo
* * * * * 18 votes

DA KRAKEN IS IN THE HOUSEEEEE (and they let me start my own topic)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#361 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

No offense, but before I explain, are you a male or female?

A male bruv, but a man can have a man crush. Gio is my dude.

#362 Taro ∆

Taro ∆

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

A male bruv, but a man can have a man crush. Gio is my dude.

I'm all for man crushes, I have plenty, but the way you sounded in that post made it sound a little more than a hetro-sexual bromance. To each his own though...

#363 iBBB

iBBB

no more maybe next year.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Wow?! This thread started awesome, but come one, how in the hell did we get to man crushes...

Where is Greg? 

Has the kraken returned to sea?

Back to never ending offeason mode i guess.

#364 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Can we please stop acting like Dan Morgan was completely innocent when he was posting?

He said that he would sign Vick prior to the 2011 season and he was crucified for it... no excuse for the head injury comments, totally classless and disrespectful, especially when you consider he sustained those head injuries while playing his heart out for this fanbase. 

The kicker he, HE WAS RIGHT... Vick was an MVP candidate in 2011 while Clausen crapped the bed. 

So, when the Kraken gives a football opinion on here ya'll need to STFU and listen. 

#365 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Careful now. Jimmy got us Cam. You better be thanking that man.

#366 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Da big Kat ate Da Kraken?

#367 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,570 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Um Mr. Kraken?!

We talking bout practice!

#368 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

He didn't deserve the comments he was receiving, but he sturred the pot with second hand rumors that still to this day can not be confirmed. He also was a strong supporter of us signing Vick, which you know the controversy behind that. Me and him had a debate about these things, which didn't resort to name calling or childish remarks although he was kind of a smart ass. So it's hard for me to think of him as innocent in this whole ordeal. He was poking a stick at an aggressive pitbull when he was posting.

Hey the good news is, he prolly doesn't remember and will soon join up again.

:phew:

#369 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,747 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

The kicker he, HE WAS RIGHT... Vick was an MVP candidate in 2011 while Clausen crapped the bed.

Two things...

Vick was playing in Andy Reid's offense, the same quarterback friendly system that made Kevin Kolb and A J Feeley look good enough for other team's to trade picks for them. But even that wasn't enough to help him the next season. And heck, this season he might not even be named the starter.

There's that, but even more to the point, acquiring Vick at that time would have made it extremely unlikely that we'd have ended up with Cam Newton. Cam for Vick is not a trade I'd be willing to make.

All the respect in the world to Dan Morgan for the player he was, and yes, the concussion jokes were completely out of line...

...but he was wrong.

#370 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

He said that he would sign Vick prior to the 2011 season and he was crucified for it... no excuse for the head injury comments, totally classless and disrespectful, especially when you consider he sustained those head injuries while playing his heart out for this fanbase. 

So, when the Kraken gives a football opinion on here ya'll need to STFU and listen. 

No, the kicker is that you don't know what you're talking about and neither did Morgan. Morgan deserved the criticism he got, although not the head injury comments.

Scott already said it. Vick was in a Reid system that makes QBs look better than they really are. It helped him for 1 season, but after teams got tape on him Vick looked like the normal Vick. One in which could not throw worth a damn. Plus he is a POS human that I wouldnt want in the locker room.

And also lol @ thinking Vick would've even had 6 good games under Fox.

Being an athelete doesn't give that person free reign to say stupid things. Everyone is the same, so if anyone says something stupid, they deserve to know about it.

#371 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

He didn't deserve the comments he was receiving, but he sturred the pot with second hand rumors that still to this day can not be confirmed. He also was a strong supporter of us signing Vick, which you know the controversy behind that. Me and him had a debate about these things, which didn't resort to name calling or childish remarks although he was kind of a smart ass. So it's hard for me to think of him as innocent in this whole ordeal. He was poking a stick at an aggressive pitbull when he was posting.

All he said was that he heard Matt Moore wasn't doing well with picking up the playbook and praticing well, which doesn't seem so far fetched knowing what we know now. In addition, frank garcia was saying the same thing on 610, that he had heard sinilar things from people in the organization. Signing Vick was not
something I wanted either, but just because it was his opinion and you didn't agree with it means he was a pot stirrer.

#372 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

All he said was that he heard Matt Moore wasn't doing well with picking up the playbook and praticing well, which doesn't seem so far fetched knowing what we know now. In addition, frank garcia was saying the same thing on 610, that he had heard sinilar things from people in the organization. Signing Vick was not
something I wanted either, but just because it was his opinion and you didn't agree with it means he was a pot stirrer.

Let's not take into consideration he was concussed early in the season and Fox played the whole situation terribly. Besides, he did put in a really decent season for Miami when he was there. Him stating these RUMORS and his hard on for Vick did make him a pot stirrer. You can spin it as lightly as you want, but if some other non-player poster posted something about any of our QBs like that and was a strong advocate for some scum like Vick, they would've caught hell even more than what Morgan did.

#373 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Personally I did not want Vick anywhere near this franchise.

That said though, Dan did not deserve any of those comments simply because he offered his opinion.

However, like someone else already said. If it weren't for Clausen's awful play we may not have gotten Cam.

#374 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Can we please stop acting like Dan Morgan was completely innocent when he was posting?

he was attacked by asshole posters pretending that they have anything bigger than a gecko penis.

#375 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Two things...

Vick was playing in Andy Reid's offense, the same quarterback friendly system that made Kevin Kolb and A J Feeley look good enough for other team's to trade picks for them. But even that wasn't enough to help him the next season. And heck, this season he might not even be named the starter.

There's that, but even more to the point, acquiring Vick at that time would have made it extremely unlikely that we'd have ended up with Cam Newton. Cam for Vick is not a trade I'd be willing to make.

All the respect in the world to Dan Morgan for the player he was, and yes, the concussion jokes were completely out of line...

...but he was wrong.

I understand the scheme fit, etc... but it's hard for me to believe we wouldn't have been MUCH better off with Vick under center in 2011 then we were with Clausen (not sure how much worse we could have been) so I think that's a pretty easy assumption to make. 

In hindsight I agree, I would not trade Cam for Vick but at the time most of us had never even heard of Cam Newton, so it's not like anyone could have sat there and said "Wait Dan, what about this Cam Newton kid that just transferred to Auburn from Blinn JC and has yet to take a snap?". 

The real problem was that Vick did and still does create a visceral reaction in many people for who he is both on and off the field. Fans view things differently than players do, Dan was looking at it purely from a football perspective and he stepped into a mine field. I didn't have any problem with people disagreeing with him, but the head injury comments were totally inexcusable and I don't blame Dan for logging out and never coming back. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.