Photo
* * * * * 18 votes

DA KRAKEN IS IN THE HOUSEEEEE (and they let me start my own topic)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#376 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

Let's not take into consideration he was concussed early in the season and Fox played the whole situation terribly. Besides, he did put in a really decent season for Miami when he was there. Him stating these RUMORS and his hard on for Vick did make him a pot stirrer. You can spin it as lightly as you want, but if some other non-player poster posted something about any of our QBs like that and was a strong advocate for some scum like Vick, they would've caught hell even more than what Morgan did.

Morgan's comments were made during the 2009 season when people were wondering why Moore wasn't seeing playing time. And i wasnt just referencing his 2010 play. Moore played well in 2011, but he couldn't beat chad henne out to get the job, and like he did here, played nice when no pressure was on and henne got hurt. Then he got beat out by both David garrard and Ryan tanehill last year, and got no sniffs in the FA market this year to be a starter. So again, it's fair to say Dan had a point.

Him stating that he played against Vick and thought he would be a good fit for us does not equal having a hardon for him. It just means that was his opinion and apparently you hate Vick so much that he's apparently not entitled to post that without you attacking him. And even if he was wrong about how Vick would have turned out, are you batting 1.000 with GM esque decisions/opinions?

#377 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,038 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

No, the kicker is that you don't know what you're talking about and neither did Morgan. Morgan deserved the criticism he got, although not the head injury comments.

Scott already said it. Vick was in a Reid system that makes QBs look better than they really are. It helped him for 1 season, but after teams got tape on him Vick looked like the normal Vick. One in which could not throw worth a damn. Plus he is a POS human that I wouldnt want in the locker room.

And also lol @ thinking Vick would've even had 6 good games under Fox.

Being an athelete doesn't give that person free reign to say stupid things. Everyone is the same, so if anyone says something stupid, they deserve to know about it.

Dan Morgan doesn't know what he's talking about... I guess I'm in pretty good company there, thanks!  

So you don't think we would have been any better off with Vick then we were with Clausen???

Is it even possible to do any worse than Clausen did? LOL

#378 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

Dan Morgan doesn't know what he's talking about... I guess I'm in pretty good company there, thanks!  

So you don't think we would have been any better off with Vick then we were with Clausen???

It's asinine to think that the team wouldn't have won more games with Vick at QB. Clausen had one of the worst statistical seasons ever for a QB. Regardless of how anyone feels about Vick as a human being, the team would've won more games and been better. 

Hindsight is 50-50, so you can't mention Cam Newton in this discussion because that wasn't a factor then. Of course no one would trade Cam Newton for Vick, but that's now and this was years ago before most people didn't know who Cam Newton was. 

I'm glad it worked out the way it did though because we have Cam Newton at QB. 

#379 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,788 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm all for man crushes, I have plenty, but the way you sounded in that post made it sound a little more than a hetro-sexual bromance. To each his own though...

I mean, if you were a UNC student and a huuuge football fan of the Heels last season, you'd understand it.

#380 Taro ∆

Taro ∆

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

No need to explain. UNC student tells me everything lol.

#381 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Morgan's comments were made during the 2009 season when people were wondering why Moore wasn't seeing playing time. And i wasnt just referencing his 2010 play. Moore played well in 2011, but he couldn't beat chad henne out to get the job, and like he did here, played nice when no pressure was on and henne got hurt. Then he got beat out by both David garrard and Ryan tanehill last year, and got no sniffs in the FA market this year to be a starter. So again, it's fair to say Dan had a point.

Him stating that he played against Vick and thought he would be a good fit for us does not equal having a hardon for him. It just means that was his opinion and apparently you hate Vick so much that he's apparently not entitled to post that without you attacking him. And even if he was wrong about how Vick would have turned out, are you batting 1.000 with GM esque decisions/opinions?

Because I said he played decent doesn't mean he is a starter. He put up a decent season in Miami as a solid backup that was forced into a starting role. Playing solid doesn't equal starter.

To me, if he doesn't understand the playbook and doesn't practice well then he wouldn't have been viewed as a starter by Miami. And obviously he was viewed as one here too before he was concussed. And if the comments were made during 2009 (which I thought was after 2009) you can make the arguement Morgan was dead wrong. Are we ignoring Fox's love affair with Delhomme now? Again it was rumors Morgan was spreading. If it was some poster that wasn't a player, you and everyone else would've called that poster worse than what Morgan was called.

And spare me the "it was just an opinion" when it comes to Vick. Anyone else here got bashed and torn apart whenever they suggested him. But I guess we should lighten up on Morgan since he is an athlete.He was partitioning hard for him and was a smart ass while in debate.

And please improve your reading comprehension. Debating does not equal attacking. Attacking is what those that posted comments about his head injuries.

Since you love over generalzations, apparently you have a big man crush on Morgan for defending him so vigorously. Again, If any other poster said what he did, it would've been 10 times worse.

#382 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Count the number of successful QBs under John Fox and count the failures. Vick is a gimmick. He wouldn't have helped out a lot especially under Fox. As far as passing, even Vick couldn't keep up with Delhomme.

#383 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hey Greg have you ever considered hiding small fish tank filled with squid under your jersey during a game and when you sack someone "releasing" them onto their face while they're laying on the turf in agony?

I mean, you'd probably never play another down in the NFL again, but it'd be cool right?

#384 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Count the number of successful QBs under John Fox and count the failures. Vick is a gimmick. He wouldn't have helped out a lot especially under Fox. As far as passing, even Vick couldn't keep up with Delhomme.

How many QBs under Fox had losing records as starting QBs?

Clausen and Carr? Those are both just poo QBs. Fox could of won with Vick if Vick stayed healthy

#385 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

you should conceal a tiny cephalopod underneath your jersey and rip it out and toss it around each time you make a sack

fug YOU GROWL fug YOU SO HARD.

#386 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Okay new question.

How many bears can you defeat in MMA-style fighting at once?

(dont be modest)

#387 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

How many QBs under Fox had losing records as starting QBs?

Clausen and Carr? Those are both just poo QBs. Fox could of won with Vick if Vick stayed healthy

Every other QB other than Delhomme under Fox  failed besides Rodney Peete's first year with Fox and Testaverde, who was serviceable. We never developed a QB under Fox yet Vick was going to come here and light it up after being out of the league for a few years lol. Reid is better than Fox yet he could only get 1 good year out of Vick.

#388 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Okay new question.

How many bears can you defeat in MMA-style fighting at once?

(dont be modest)

lol silky newb. don't you know this thread isn't anything but a pissing match about dan morgan and mike vick now? 

#389 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

lol silky newb. don't you know this thread isn't anything but a pissing match about dan morgan and mike vick now? 

Which is why I didn't want to bring it up at first because I knew he would have a legion behind him and the thread would be derailed, but everyone kept acting like Morgan was a saint (well yea he was, but I'm talking about the literal one) and that posters were attacking him for no apparent reason when that wasn't the truth. Anyway, back to your regular scheduled programming.

#390 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Which is why I didn't want to bring it up at first because I knew he would have a legion behind him and the thread would be derailed, but everyone kept acting like Morgan was a saint, well yea he was, but I'm talking about the literal one, and that posters were attacking him for no apparent reason when that wasn't the truth. Anyway, back to your regular scheduled programming.

and we're all the better for your dedication to your mission. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com