119 replies to this topic

#91 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,740 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Anyone know what the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd squad defensive backs have been so far?

From what I have heard it has been a heavy rotation. They are mixing it up quite a bit.

#92 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,648 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

After a less than stellar rookie season, one would have to think he would be working his azz off to prove he belongs.

He either didn't put the work in, or he just doesn't have it. Is he lazy? Or are his nerves getting the best of him? Either way, he has dug himself a huge whole already.

Kinda going overboard don't ya think? Its OTAs and he prob has not fielded a ball in awhile. Still he has some big improving to do if he want to make the roster. No way he beats Ginn at this point.

#93 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

Kinda going overboard don't ya think? Its OTAs and he prob has not fielded a ball in awhile. Still he has some big improving to do if he want to make the roster. No way he beats Ginn at this point.

He got some chances during preseason and let the ball hit the ground. He got a second chance during the season, and again could not hold on to the ball. Saying he had a less than stellar year sound accurate, not overblown at all.

Considering he is buried on the depth chart as a WR and being a Returner is probably his only way of making the team. I would say he is off to a bad start.

With Ginn Jr., Hixon, Pilares, and even AE on the team. Adams is fighting for a roster spot. Putting the ball on the ground is not helping his case. Whether it is nerves, or a lack of concentration, he needs to clean this up if he wants a chance to play.

I am rooting for him. I think he can be exhilarating as a returner. But if Rivera can't trust him. He may be fighting a losing battle. Maybe he gets some more chances during Mini Camp and TC. If he does, I hope he steps his game up.

Got carried away. I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of his. I got excited when we drafted him because we so rarely draft the guys I like. I just believe his only chance of making the team is as a returner. And he hasn't shown he is ready for even that.

#94 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

If Adams loses his shot here, i can see him getting a shot somewhere else.

Hey iamhubby1,
Are you a hubby?

#95 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

If Adams loses his shot here, i can see him getting a shot somewhere else.

Hey iamhubby1,
Are you a hubby?

Goodson got two more shots after we traded him. Some coaches think they can coach fumblitis away. But yeah, Adams is electric. I could see him getting another shot. If he is to rid himself of this reputation, I would wish he would do so for us. Not another team. But as I said, I am a fan of his. So naturally, I would want him to fix this problem, yesterday.

I would have thought all the wife and inlaw jokes would have answered that.

#96 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,611 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

As a returner the coach has to have 100% confidence. I think Adams has a uphill battle being we have brought in Ginn and Hixon

#97 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

White was an UDFA for a reason dude, i'd take JT, JN, Cap, Moore, and Florence as our 5 before i'd carry a udfa as our 6th. He's a project that they can stash on the PS (not a must retain). 

ginn & barner make edwards, pilares and adams expendable. Fua is a joke, I won't be shocked if Gaydosh wins that spot (smitty spoke well about him)

Our special teams captain Senn... being pushed off... by 2 udfa's? There's really nothing to say to you if you consider this realistic.

First of all I ain't a DUDE.  Second of all there are many MANY UDFA that show their worth and make a team.  I have heard more about White these OTAs than any other CB.  Granted it is in shorts but everyone is in shorts so he still stood out.

And FINALLY,  Seems you missed the part where I said, If he does well during preseason.  He won't stay on the PS. With a premium on CBs keeping six CBs isn't such a bad idea.  Especially if he can tackle because he can be on Special Teams.   

#98 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,648 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

He got some chances during preseason and let the ball hit the ground. He got a second chance during the season, and again could not hold on to the ball. Saying he had a less than stellar year sound accurate, not overblown at all.

Considering he is buried on the depth chart as a WR and being a Returner is probably his only way of making the team. I would say he is off to a bad start.

With Ginn Jr., Hixon, Pilares, and even AE on the team. Adams is fighting for a roster spot. Putting the ball on the ground is not helping his case. Whether it is nerves, or a lack of concentration, he needs to clean this up if he wants a chance to play.

I am rooting for him. I think he can be exhilarating as a returner. But if Rivera can't trust him. He may be fighting a losing battle. Maybe he gets some more chances during Mini Camp and TC. If he does, I hope he steps his game up.

Got carried away. I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of his. I got excited when we drafted him because we so rarely draft the guys I like. I just believe his only chance of making the team is as a returner. And he hasn't shown he is ready for even that.

Honestly I think its the opposite. If he wants to make the team he needs to prove his worth at WR. Hixion and Ginn are very good return men but Ginn is not a great WR. Also at this point AE is a better kr guy than Adams. Needs to prove his worth in the passing game and surplant AE the workout warrior.

#99 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Goodson got two more shots after we traded him. Some coaches think they can coach fumblitis away. But yeah, Adams is electric. I could see him getting another shot. If he is to rid himself of this reputation, I would wish he would do so for us. Not another team. But as I said, I am a fan of his. So naturally, I would want him to fix this problem, yesterday.

I would have thought all the wife and inlaw jokes would have answered that.

I havent caught any jokes man I was teasin lol.

Real talk, youre a great poster. Not as popular as some with not as nearly as many posts or whatever, but a very fair and respectful poster. Plus you explain your opinions and leave out the narc sarcastic responses. Alot of respect for you man

#100 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

First of all I ain't a DUDE. Second of all there are many MANY UDFA that show their worth and make a team. I have heard more about White these OTAs than any other CB. Granted it is in shorts but everyone is in shorts so he still stood out.

And FINALLY, Seems you missed the part where I said, If he does well during preseason. He won't stay on the PS. With a premium on CBs keeping six CBs isn't such a bad idea. Especially if he can tackle because he can be on Special Teams.

Sorry Ma'm, lol. But seriously, i agree with in in that there is a good chance a few UDFA's could make the team. I hope its not a case of "one good batch" but a tribute to our GM with an eye for talent.

#101 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Honestly I think its the opposite. If he wants to make the team he needs to prove his worth at WR. Hixion and Ginn are very good return men but Ginn is not a great WR. Also at this point AE is a better kr guy than Adams. Needs to prove his worth in the passing game and surplant AE the workout warrior.

I've been saying this for a while now. With the return jobs pretty much locked down. The two final WR spots will come down to who shows the greatest ability as a "receiver". Not STs ability.

#102 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

If Adams makes the team as a WR, that leaves Pilares or AE battling it out for the return job. I would prefer for Adams to win the return job, and worry about making it as a WR next year.

My thinking is, if Ginn Jr. makes the WR rotation, along with Hixon, they won't want to use them in the return game. Same with Pialres and AE, or even Gettis, they make the team as a WR, then by default Rivera would love to see Adams win the return job.

The main reason is Shula's statement about designing plays for his playmakers. Playmakers in that there are multiple players capable of making plays. If that is indeed the case, Rivera may choose to protect his WR and hope Adams win the return job.

But I also see, the best man for the job, wins. Why would you not want to put your best player at such a game changing position? Risk to reward says protect your playmakers, and Adams could make this happen if he could turn things around.

IMO, I think that Adams is pressing too hard. He knows what's on the line, and is trying too hard, and thinking too much. The ol' the harder you try, the worse you do, bit.

Or, Barner could win the return job, and Adams gets released. Ah, hellz, the only thing I know is, Rivera likes versatility. Adams at this point in time, appears to have less than anyone else fighting for those last few spots. And I hate that it looks like he is fighting an uphill battle.

#103 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

I havent caught any jokes man I was teasin lol.

Real talk, youre a great poster. Not as popular as some with not as nearly as many posts or whatever, but a very fair and respectful poster. Plus you explain your opinions and leave out the narc sarcastic responses. Alot of respect for you man

Aw man, you're gonna make me blush. I try to remain civil. But I usually have no idea where I'm going once I start typing. I just let it flow. I find that thinking gets in the way of my thought process.

I will say, there are a bunch around here that use sarcasm well, and are funny in the process. Others, not so much.

I blame pie, and the interwebz. Both are hard at work destroying the fabric of communication, one thread at a time.

#104 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,648 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

If Adams makes the team as a WR, that leaves Pilares or AE battling it out for the return job. I would prefer for Adams to win the return job, and worry about making it as a WR next year.

My thinking is, if Ginn Jr. makes the WR rotation, along with Hixon, they won't want to use them in the return game. Same with Pialres and AE, or even Gettis, they make the team as a WR, then by default Rivera would love to see Adams win the return job.

The main reason is Shula's statement about designing plays for his playmakers. Playmakers in that there are multiple players capable of making plays. If that is indeed the case, Rivera may choose to protect his WR and hope Adams win the return job.

But I also see, the best man for the job, wins. Why would you not want to put your best player at such a game changing position? Risk to reward says protect your playmakers, and Adams could make this happen if he could turn things around.

IMO, I think that Adams is pressing too hard. He knows what's on the line, and is trying too hard, and thinking too much. The ol' the harder you try, the worse you do, bit.

Or, Barner could win the return job, and Adams gets released. Ah, hellz, the only thing I know is, Rivera likes versatility. Adams at this point in time, appears to have less than anyone else fighting for those last few spots. And I hate that it looks like he is fighting an uphill battle.

Its hard for me too see Ginn on the bench when his true talent is the return game. He is one of the best in the league in that respect. I know you want Adams to succeed but its a lot less of a battle for WR than KR/PR. Adams would have to improve by leaps and bounds for that to happen and if he has good hands in the passing game he will make the team. Just not a very high bar there.

#105 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Signing two WRs who both have excellent return ability in Ginn and Hixon was a huge shot across Adams' bow.  I had high hopes for the guy and was excited as hell when we drafted him, but he really dropped the ball last year - literally.  He fell out of favor with the coaching staff and found himself in the doghouse for much of the year.  Now, that same coach is still here while the GM that drafted him is not.  At this point, I honestly think he has a significant uphill battle to make the roster.  I really thought we finally had that dynamic return man we had been missing, but it doesn't look that way.  Hopefully Ginn is that guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com