Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PJ Hairston Arrested

265 posts in this topic

Posted

Clearly for medicinal purposes only.  Just like I use it

Posted

Staats Battle was driving with a license...

And a 40...

You want to compare a potential All-American guy/face of a team with a walk-on, go right ahead. Whatever you have to do to make yourself feel better. I'll at the same time say the same about Staats that I would about PJ, they're dumbasses. 

Want to bring alcohol into it, how about Ty Lawson?  Again, these things happen in cycles.  Opposing fan bases will have their fun when it's not them, and then stupidly will cry foul when it is their guy. 

Posted

You want to compare a potential All-American guy/face of a team with a walk-on, go right ahead. Whatever you have to do to make yourself feel better. I'll at the same time say the same about Staats that I would about PJ, they're dumbasses. 

Want to bring alcohol into it, how about Ty Lawson?  Again, these things happen in cycles.  Opposing fan bases will have their fun when it's not them, and then stupidly will cry foul when it is their guy. 

I believe you may be under the impression I'm taking this more seriously than I actually am =)

I agree with everything you posted... All colleges have kids, and lots of those kids suffer lapses in judgement...

1 person likes this

Posted

terrible news. if this is drug distribution charges, UNC won't stand for it and I can assure you that his ass will at a JC in a month. If it's just a little personal stash, he'll miss a game or two and it won't be that big of a deal. 

still, dude is a dumbass. He better realize he is close to throwing it all away. 

Posted

terrible news. if this is drug distribution charges, UNC won't stand for it and I can assure you that his ass will at a JC in a month. If it's just a little personal stash, he'll miss a game or two and it won't be that big of a deal. 

still, dude is a dumbass. He better realize he is close to throwing it all away. 

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1297586.html

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Sources close to the program have confirmed that UNC head coach Roy Williams met with P.J. Hairston on Thursday morning concerning his possession of marijuana charge.

North Carolina's leading scorer was stopped at a license check in Durham at 10:20pm on Wednesday night and was also charged with driving without a license.

The charges were first reported by ABC11.

According to sources close to the situation, Hairston will be disciplined internally and is not expected to be suspended for any practices or games next season.

No suspension or anything like the sort. Roy tolerates it to a certain extent, I mean he gave Greaves tons of chances before finally kicking him off the team. 

Posted

Yeah I agree w/ a lot of this. The Duke and State fans always love an opportunity to kick UNC and their fans when they are down, but let me put this in perspective for you. 

This did not happen in the middle of the season.

This did not happen to a scrub bench player, it happened to one of the best players in the conference and a potential All American from one of the most decorated basketball programs in the country. Now, let me be clear because I know a lot of the people who post in this forum read what they want to read, but if these are drug distribution charges; HE GONE. You have to kick him off the team. No exceptions. However, if it's just a little personal bag of weed, he will be suspended for a few games in the beginning of the year and be out of chances. 

The thing that you just gotta shake your head at is the fact that he was DWOL and riding around in one of the most ghetto, crime infested towns in the state. Do that poo in Chapel Hill dude. They don't have checkpoints there. 

Like I said though, as long as they don't pop him with drug distribution charges, nothing is going to come of this. He's probably going to miss a couple game in November and we will call it a day. 

Posted

LOL @ any State fan in this thread

Duke fans, too. They know UNC is the team to beat and PJ Hairston is going  a ACCPOY candidate. Anything that can be done to improve their chances they will take! 

Still, the stupidity of Hairston in this is extraordinary. Sit at your house and burn one. Driving w/o a license and blazing with two guys who probably aren't doing poo but bringing you down is idiotic.

I was 20 years old once too and I'm probably lucky something similar to this never happened to me or my friends.   

Posted

Also,  I've not read any police report or anything, but as a UNC fan I'm worried about the possibility of an unregistered firearm being found on him. Let's be honest here - these sort of things usually come together. 

The reason I say this is I thought driving w/o a license & simple possession were just citations? I could be wrong, as I'm not up to date on thug moves, but why was he booked??? 

If I was Hairston, I would try to convince one of those two low lives riding with him to eat the charges and promise him a lump sum when he's a potential lottery pick next year. 

Posted

Also - if anyone is interested, here are the NC marijuana penalties:http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/north-carolina-penalties-2

So, as long as it was under 1.5 oz and there wasn't an unregistered gun in the car, he probably won't even be suspended. 

Feel a lot better about this now, as I'm sure you can imagine the first thing I thought of when reading "arrested on drug charges."

Posted

Duke fans, too. They know UNC is the team to beat and PJ Hairston is going  a ACCPOY candidate. Anything that can be done to improve their chances they will take! 

Still, the stupidity of Hairston in this is extraordinary. Sit at your house and burn one. Driving w/o a license and blazing with two guys who probably aren't doing poo but bringing you down is idiotic.

I was 20 years old once too and I'm probably lucky something similar to this never happened to me or my friends.   

So a starter being popped with drug and DWOL charges is not something other fanbases can talk about?  How about if your players weren't such dumbasses then we wouldn't have anything to say.  This is nobodies fault but PJ's so he has to deal with the consequences whether from roy or grief from a rival fan base.  Oh and I am pretty sure Duke is ahead of unc in every poll and that Duke will be the preseason team to beat in the ACC.

Posted

So a starter being popped with drug and DWOL charges is not something other fanbases can talk about?  How about if your players weren't such dumbasses then we wouldn't have anything to say.  This is nobodies fault but PJ's so he has to deal with the consequences whether from roy or grief from a rival fan base.  Oh and I am pretty sure Duke is ahead of unc in every poll and that Duke will be the preseason team to beat in the ACC.

I'm not defending his actions and agree totally what he did was idiotic. I'm pretty liberal on the marijuana stuff, but still, it's illegal and it's one of those things you gotta do in the privacy of your own home. The driving thing is what really gets under my skin. That's just lazy, dude. 

But it looks like he's in the clear and I'd be willing to wager that the marijuana charge will ultimately be dropped. His only punishment is going to be heading to Cameron and Raleigh and listening to the chants from the peanut gallery. 

For a reference, here is what happened to MSU Senior Derrick Nix last year roughly around the same time: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-izzo-michigan-state-reinstates-derrick-nix-spartans-035900091.html

Nothing happened to him and he isn't a potential ACCPOY and superstar like Hairston. 

Also, congrats on being ranked so highly in June. Duke usually are the champions from June through December. 

Posted

I'm not defending his actions and agree totally what he did was idiotic. I'm pretty liberal on the marijuana stuff, but still, it's illegal and it's one of those things you gotta do in the privacy of your own home. The driving thing is what really gets under my skin. That's just lazy, dude. 

But it looks like he's in the clear and I'd be willing to wager that the marijuana charge will ultimately be dropped. His only punishment is going to be heading to Cameron and Raleigh and listening to the chants from the peanut gallery. 

For a reference, here is what happened to MSU Senior Derrick Nix last year roughly around the same time: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-izzo-michigan-state-reinstates-derrick-nix-spartans-035900091.html

Nothing happened to him and he isn't a potential ACCPOY and superstar like Hairston. 

Also, congrats on being ranked so highly in June. Duke usually are the champions from June through December. 

Here's what happened to Watkins.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2012-08-03/Clemson-Sammy-Watkins-suspended-two-games/56764730/1

Also Duke was the most recent Champion to come out of the ACC in March/April FWIW.