#226 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

And it keeps coming. 4 cars rented, over $15,000 worth.

9 parking tickets, 2 of which were given on the same day...

Something tells me PJ didn't drive 2 rental cars to campus that day.

How do you know ANY UNC basketball player drove any of those cars that day? 

Was McDonald or Jackson Simmons driving one? Probably. But it's not what you know it's what you can prove! 

#227 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Statement from AD Bubba Cunningham:

http://m.goheels.com...&DB_OEM_ID=3350

Pat Forde article on situation. Released 2 hours ago:

http://sports.yahoo....-152218977.html

Typical Packarazzi TROLL tweet from Will Brinson on PJ Hariston and what he did over the long weekend. This will surely bring down the high and mighty UNC program. LOL like this is relevant to anything going on:

It would appear PJ Hairston (back injury) spent July 4th partying at Masonboro (near Wilmington NC): http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/07/09/p-j-hairston-appears-to-have-spent-the-4th-of-july-partying-on-the-beach-with-camera-happy-folks/ 

ANOTHER TROLL post from Eric Prisbell, quoting out of context. The sentence is worded perfectly to imply that PJ was responsible for the car. This has since been disputed by the person being interviewed. 

I asked Faulcon's mom how her son wound up in the Fats-rented Yukon with PJ Hairston. "My son is a friend of PJ Hairston," she said.

People, especially State losers, seem to forget about what happened to CJ Leslie a year ago. 

http://espn.go.com/m...es-due-benefits

So, yeah, UNC fans, don't get your panties in a twist. This is long from over. Right now it's a feeding frenzy for UNC haters and message board trolls. Also, and what honestly sickens me, is that these "reporters/analysts/experts" care more about some 20 year old kid driving around in a rented Camaro than being arrested for having pot and potentially an unregistered firearm. Sadly, the NCAA will probably care more about the car, too. #America

#228 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Statement from AD Bubba Cunningham:

http://m.goheels.com...&DB_OEM_ID=3350

Pat Forde article on situation. Released 2 hours ago:

http://sports.yahoo....-152218977.html

Typical Packarazzi TROLL tweet from Will Brinson on PJ Hariston and what he did over the long weekend. This will surely bring down the high and mighty UNC program. LOL like this is relevant to anything going on:

It would appear PJ Hairston (back injury) spent July 4th partying at Masonboro (near Wilmington NC): http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/07/09/p-j-hairston-appears-to-have-spent-the-4th-of-july-partying-on-the-beach-with-camera-happy-folks/ 

ANOTHER TROLL post from Eric Prisbell, quoting out of context. The sentence is worded perfectly to imply that PJ was responsible for the car. This has since been disputed by the person being interviewed. 

I asked Faulcon's mom how her son wound up in the Fats-rented Yukon with PJ Hairston. "My son is a friend of PJ Hairston," she said.

People, especially State losers, seem to forget about what happened to CJ Leslie a year ago. 

http://espn.go.com/m...es-due-benefits

So, yeah, UNC fans, don't get your panties in a twist. This is long from over. Right now it's a feeding frenzy for UNC haters and message board trolls. Also, and what honestly sickens me, is that these "reporters/analysts/experts" care more about some 20 year old kid driving around in a rented Camaro than being arrested for having pot and potentially an unregistered firearm. Sadly, the NCAA will probably care more about the car, too. #America

Right CJL had to sit 3 games for borrowing a friends car to get around after a wreck and NC State reported that to the NCAA themselves, now think what they will do to multiple players driving around luxury vehicles multiple times rented by a felon.  Hell Nolan Smith had to sit 2 games for playing in a pick up game over the summer that wasn't sanctioned by the NCAA.  

#229 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

I don't wish anything bad on State or Duke athletic programs. For one, I'm not obsessed with the them like Duke/State fans are obviously obsessed with UNC. I'd rather beat both of you losers when everyone is 100%. I don't give a crap about the academics at any of the three schools, honestly. 

That's because you went to ECU. All you care about is their Basketball and Football programs. I can understand why you wouldn't care about the University's reputation on the whole.

I was going to respond to the stupidity of equating the two situations but I was beaten to it. 

Anyone pointing out the heaps of poo that go on over in Chapel Hill is a 'hater" or a "troll" in your mind. That's fine, you're a narrow-minded lackwit who sees only baby blue out of your wal-mart purchased baby blue glasses. 

Honestly though, every athletically successful University in the modern age is going to deal with kids that have problems. Acting like Duke or NC State is any different is asinine. It's how you handle them, and UNC hasn't been doing a good job of it lately. All this really proves in the one-upmanship between the schools is that UNC fans like to believe everything associated with their programs are of a higher caliber, and it's just not true. "The Carolina Way" has been a joke for years. They may not be as bad as a Florida, or Alabama, but they've got nefarious poo going on with their athletics programs just like everyone else. 

Also, I agree that it's pretty backward that the act of driving a rented car is the thing likely to cause the most scrutiny with the NCAA. 

#230 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

The moral of the story is that if you are a big time college athlete, make your friends drive

#231 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

northcarolina.scout.com/2/1306207.html

Looks like he could be getting off of the arrest.

#232 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

First of all, P.J. wasn't ever arrested, he was charged with a misdemeanor drug possession. Being charged with something is totally different from being arrested. Second of all, he should and will prob be suspended for multiple games this year. and D: I don't care if he doesnt ever suit up for UNC again.

#233 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

First of all, P.J. wasn't ever arrested, he was charged with a misdemeanor drug possession. Being charged with something is totally different from being arrested. Second of all, he should and will prob be suspended for multiple games this year. and D: I don't care if he doesnt ever suit up for UNC again.

Not splitting hairs here but he was arrested and released on $1k bond.

He probably won't face any serious criminal charges so that's at least one positive to come out of this crazy past couple of days.

Cue the unemployed retards at PP and their future investigation of Durham PD

#234 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

I was under the impression he was never arrested at least that was what I first heard, and it seemed like the stories I read only said he was charged and let go. Oh well, that's what I get for not giving a fug what the corrupt media has to say about things.

#235 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Here's a video with two very respectable gentleman (the two who were with Hairston the night of the arrest) driving what appears to be the camaro in question. Interesting b/c PJ isn't in the car. But..but....but...it's PJ's car, right? 

This is what happens when a blatantly racist, obsessed fan base with nothing better to do jumps to conclusions. 

This is going to be a long process w/ the NCAA. One thing a lot of UNC fans are dismissing is the fact that he could seriously be kicked off the team by Roy. I'm starting to think that asuspension/dismissal from Roy may end up being the most severe form of punishment handed down (NCAA included). Obviously, PJ needs to reevaluate who he associates with. A lot of these college athletes do. People like "Fats" are criminal parasites who need a naive host. 

Like I said, this whole PJ "scandal" certainly has brought the wrong type of attention to the program and has basically turned into a feeding frenzy for envious ABCers on message boards. Regarding PP, there does appear to be 1, maybe 2, guys over there that have some pretty sharp investigative skills. But for the most part, it's a bunch of dudes with nothing better to do piggy backing off one another in hopes of gaining some sort of message board celebrity status and impress a bunch of people they will never meet or know. I recall a similar poster here who had a "family member" on the coaching staff at Greensboro Wesleyen who claimed he would keep us "up to date" with stars Theo Pinson and Harry Giles. Meanwhile, Pinson committed to UNC and Harry Giles blew out his knee. Where was the so called "insider" with his information? Exactly. 

Really lost some respect for Eric Prisbell through this. He's basically the one who has been getting all the interviews since this junk started a week ago. The only investigative reporting he's done is search for his thesaurus. He's done nothing but reword and rewrite the investigation handed to him on a silver platter by PP. He's a hack and I'm sure his ego is at an all time high. He should call up N&O's Dan Kane and go to lunch with him. They'd probably have a lot in common. 

For the UNC die hards like myself, just take everything in stride. Life goes on. Let me also say that if they don't find a legitimate link/concrete evidence that Thomas is a runner or connected to a shady agent like Blackstock, Hairston will probably only receive a light slap on the wrist from the NCAA. Just remember - this is not something that will go away overnight. 

For the ABCers, the State/Duke retards, and the hack journalists like Prisbell, just remember this: It's not what you KNOW it's what YOU CAN PROVE. 

go heels! 

#236 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

That's because you went to ECU. All you care about is their Basketball and Football programs. I can understand why you wouldn't care about the University's reputation on the whole.

I was going to respond to the stupidity of equating the two situations but I was beaten to it. 

Anyone pointing out the heaps of poo that go on over in Chapel Hill is a 'hater" or a "troll" in your mind. That's fine, you're a narrow-minded lackwit who sees only baby blue out of your wal-mart purchased baby blue glasses. 

Honestly though, every athletically successful University in the modern age is going to deal with kids that have problems. Acting like Duke or NC State is any different is asinine. It's how you handle them, and UNC hasn't been doing a good job of it lately. All this really proves in the one-upmanship between the schools is that UNC fans like to believe everything associated with their programs are of a higher caliber, and it's just not true. "The Carolina Way" has been a joke for years. They may not be as bad as a Florida, or Alabama, but they've got nefarious poo going on with their athletics programs just like everyone else. 

Also, I agree that it's pretty backward that the act of driving a rented car is the thing likely to cause the most scrutiny with the NCAA. 

You should start up a thread about academics in this forum and see how far it gets you. Nobody cares about the academia at ANY university and THIS INCLUDES THE NCAA. Carolina was basically running a fraudulent history department, got caught red handed, and the NCAA did nothing. Hakeem Nicks played his junior year ineligible and nothing happened. You state fans are the biggest sissy, cry baby fan base I've ever been been around. You're more concerned about your history department or what you can do slander UNC then worry about if your football team is going to win 6 games this year. 

But if insulting me over the internet with personal attacks and cliches makes you feel better about yourself...then go for it dude! Because I'm sure you would say many of those things IRL if you were out watching a game. 

#237 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Here's a video with two very respectable gentleman (the two who were with Hairston the night of the arrest) driving what appears to be the camaro in question. Interesting b/c PJ isn't in the car. But..but....but...it's PJ's car, right?

This is what happens when a blatantly racist, obsessed fan base with nothing better to do jumps to conclusions.

This is going to be a long process w/ the NCAA. One thing a lot of UNC fans are dismissing is the fact that he could seriously be kicked off the team by Roy. I'm starting to think that asuspension/dismissal from Roy may end up being the most severe form of punishment handed down (NCAA included). Obviously, PJ needs to reevaluate who he associates with. A lot of these college athletes do. People like "Fats" are criminal parasites who need a naive host.

Like I said, this whole PJ "scandal" certainly has brought the wrong type of attention to the program and has basically turned into a feeding frenzy for envious ABCers on message boards. Regarding PP, there does appear to be 1, maybe 2, guys over there that have some pretty sharp investigative skills. But for the most part, it's a bunch of dudes with nothing better to do piggy backing off one another in hopes of gaining some sort of message board celebrity status and impress a bunch of people they will never meet or know. I recall a similar poster here who had a "family member" on the coaching staff at Greensboro Wesleyen who claimed he would keep us "up to date" with stars Theo Pinson and Harry Giles. Meanwhile, Pinson committed to UNC and Harry Giles blew out his knee. Where was the so called "insider" with his information? Exactly.

Really lost some respect for Eric Prisbell through this. He's basically the one who has been getting all the interviews since this junk started a week ago. The only investigative reporting he's done is search for his thesaurus. He's done nothing but reword and rewrite the investigation handed to him on a silver platter by PP. He's a hack and I'm sure his ego is at an all time high. He should call up N&O's Dan Kane and go to lunch with him. They'd probably have a lot in common.

For the UNC die hards like myself, just take everything in stride. Life goes on. Let me also say that if they don't find a legitimate link/concrete evidence that Thomas is a runner or connected to a shady agent like Blackstock, Hairston will probably only receive a light slap on the wrist from the NCAA. Just remember - this is not something that will go away overnight.

For the ABCers, the State/Duke retards, and the hack journalists like Prisbell, just remember this: It's not what you KNOW it's what YOU CAN PROVE.

go heels!

Interesting you bring up a vine from realjballard2x.

Attached Files

#238 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

go heels! 

The new standard for the "carolina way"!

#239 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

If the majority agrees that this stuff happens at every university with successful athletic programs, I'm trying to figure out why if you don't have any ties to UNC, why do you care so much?

#240 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,744 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

If the majority agrees that this stuff happens at every university with successful athletic programs, I'm trying to figure out why if you don't have any ties to UNC, why do you care so much?

For me, it's not that I care/hope UNC is given harsh punishments (they won't get them), it's just a fun thing for rivals to poke fun at.  Especially at a university as prestigious in academics and athletics as UNC.  The "Carolina Way" and arrogance pronounced (especially by those who didn't even go to the damn school), is just fun to poke holes in when you get the chance.  Especially when you frequent their message boards which used to be/are still littered with hate towards UK, Duke/Lance Thomas/Corey Maggette stuff, State stuff, etc.

Kids are idiots, and I'd be lying if I said I may not indulge in the benefits if I were in the same situation; but it's just funny/sad how Carolina has handled the mess going back to the football scandal, Thorp, Butch, the redacted information, their internal "review", their lack of addressing the situations, hiding behind FERPA, and now the PJ/McDonald/Fats stuff.

At the end of the day, it sucks as a North Carolinian that our major university has gotten a black eye for the past few years, much of it self-inflicted.  But at the same time, as a State graduate, I'm going to sit back and laugh just as Carolina fans did when State had their shoe scandal (many still call Jimmy V every name in the book), or when UNC football fans cried about alleged PED use at State (funny, they didn't wait for facts about that either before jumping to conclusions), their insistence  that State isn't a rival, etc. 

Nature of the beast with college sports/rivalries in general IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.