#241 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

The new standard for the "carolina way"!

It's also the "standard" for the United States judicial system.

#242 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

For me, it's not that I care/hope UNC is given harsh punishments (they won't get them), it's just a fun thing for rivals to poke fun at.  Especially at a university as prestigious in academics and athletics as UNC.  The "Carolina Way" and arrogance pronounced (especially by those who didn't even go to the damn school), is just fun to poke holes in when you get the chance.  Especially when you frequent their message boards which used to be/are still littered with hate towards UK, Duke/Lance Thomas/Corey Maggette stuff, State stuff, etc.

Kids are idiots, and I'd be lying if I said I may not indulge in the benefits if I were in the same situation; but it's just funny/sad how Carolina has handled the mess going back to the football scandal, Thorp, Butch, the redacted information, their internal "review", their lack of addressing the situations, hiding behind FERPA, and now the PJ/McDonald/Fats stuff.

At the end of the day, it sucks as a North Carolinian that our major university has gotten a black eye for the past few years, much of it self-inflicted.  But at the same time, as a State graduate, I'm going to sit back and laugh just as Carolina fans did when State had their shoe scandal (many still call Jimmy V every name in the book), or when UNC football fans cried about alleged PED use at State (funny, they didn't wait for facts about that either before jumping to conclusions), their insistence  that State isn't a rival, etc. 

Nature of the beast with college sports/rivalries in general IMO.

Well Put. 

It wouldn't be worth any UNC fan's time to post in this thread if it didn't irk them that this situation has arisen. It does. As CarolinaNCSU said, it is enjoyable for me  to see UNC fans that normally exude arrogance squirm when more poo is dredged up regarding the way UNC handles it's athletics. 

HOW SWEET IS IS, THE CAROLINA WAY. It's a crock of poo, especially given that most of the idiots who say that went to ECU, or South Western Rutherford County Tech and just want to hop on a consistently successful bandwagon so they can showboat in front of their friends.

#243 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Well Put. 

It wouldn't be worth any UNC fan's time to post in this thread if it didn't irk them that this situation has arisen. It does. As CarolinaNCSU said, it is enjoyable for me  to see UNC fans that normally exude arrogance squirm when more poo is dredged up regarding the way UNC handles it's athletics. 

HOW SWEET IS IS, THE CAROLINA WAY. It's a crock of poo, especially given that most of the idiots who say that went to ECU, or South Western Rutherford County Tech and just want to hop on a consistently successful bandwagon so they can showboat in front of their friends.

So...  Basically a Napoleon Complex.

#244 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well Put. 

Most recent game: 

ECU 33, NC State 27
October 16, 2010

Also:

ECU @ NCSU 

November 23 2013 

Also:

ECU 2 conference titles past 10 years

NCSU football titles the past 30 years = ZERO

ECU is going to beat state in November. There's an excellent chance State is at home during bowl season. ECU is playing for a conference championship this year. 

Also:

#245 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

I only try to "show off" in front of my friends by completing goals from hard work. Having a nice job. Having an attractive, smart girlfriend and future wife that they all would love to bend over. Driving a luxury vehicle with a voice command sunroof. Picking up the tab at dinner. Treating my friends to a round of golf at a prestigious course. Enjoying a nice Rocky Patel cigar after a tasty lobstertail. Things like that. NOT by rubbing their noses in it after a meaningless basketball game. Many of my close friends and people I allow in my inner circle are not Carolina fans but I honestly love to watch the games with them. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'd also like to remind the state/duke morons in this thread that we all pull for the same NFL team. 

HOWEVER

If we go by the Wolfpac way of reasoning, they can only pull for the PANTHERS if they live in Charlotte. Gotcha!

#246 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

Essentially.

State's lack of success on the national level in the past couple of decades has led to a lot of Red-Headed stepchild like tendencies when compared to Carolina/Duke. Is that true of all State fans? Of course not. Is it a large majority of say, PackPride?  Yup.  The same can be said for IC or any school's message board however. 

There are idiots in all fan bases, like the State fans who think they would fare better in the SEC, or those that think Carolina/Swofford conspire against them on the regular. At the same time though, you've got guys like Mr. TD on your side who makes a lot of idiots on PackPride seem tame. But he's too busy flaunting about his life/trolling on a message board to people he's never met, kind of like Alejandro the Taints fan here at the Huddle. 

#247 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

Essentially.

State's lack of success on the national level in the past couple of decades has led to a lot of Red-Headed stepchild like tendencies when compared to Carolina/Duke. Is that true of all State fans? Of course not. Is it a large majority of say, PackPride?  Yup.  The same can be said for IC or any school's message board however. 

There are idiots in all fan bases, like the State fans who think they would fare better in the SEC, or those that think Carolina/Swofford conspire against them on the regular. At the same time though, you've got guys like Mr. TD on your side who makes a lot of idiots on PackPride seem tame. But he's too busy flaunting about his life/trolling on a message board to people he's never met, kind of like Alejandro the Taints fan here at the Huddle. 

Just because I have an opinion and you DONT agree with it, doesn't make me an idiot. I'm a  knowledgeable, educated, realistic UNC & ECU fan. I support my two teams and am loyal to them. So forgive me if I defend them or stand up to some punk who is making baseless comments on the internet.  

And I got news for you to homeboy, just read this thread. Read the NCAA threads from a few months ago. Read the UNC threads I've started. Read the UNC threads others have started. I'm talking hoops. I'm talking games. I'm talking matchups. I'm talking players. State fans are the ones throwing insults and making personal attacks derailing threads. During the NCAA tourney, UNC was at home and Duke was still playing. You would have thought otherwise from the amount of conversation going on in there about how much UNC sucks or UNC fans live in trailer parks, etc. 

Go and refresh your memory on the UNC threads started by UNC fans who are talking about UNC. You can't go 3 posts without a Duke fan coming in there stomping his feet and crying for attention in a UNC thread. BUT WAHHHH OUR SCHEDULE IS HARD TOO! WAAHHHHH WE GOT ROBERT HOOD COMING IN WAHHHHHH WE DONT NEED A CENTER WE GOT K WAHHHH. You can't go 3 posts without NCSU fans completely flipping the thread into insults and personal attacks. Like I said, READ THE THREAD. 

Go read the GAME threads from ACC play. I recall the State/UNC game threads that Sheik Zulu guy made homophobic slurs and made some very disgusting insults. How he wasn't banned amazes me. 

Edit: This is from the first UNC/NCSU game that State won in Jan. :

GAME OVER

BURN IN HELL FAGGOTS emot-jiggled.gif

BRB JACKIN OFF WIT TARFAG TEARS emot-jiggled.gif

This thread is cracking me up.

UNC fans are terrible losers, big surprise.

They beat us 13 times in a row with loaded rosters and a hall of fame coach, we finally put a team with an equal amount of talent together and handle their ass at home and the UNC fans start swinging their dicks around about wins from years past.

Keep whining and pointing to wins from years ago. Meanwhile we'll keep recruiting as well as UNC and win in the present. Julius Randle anyone?

Oh and yes, it makes a difference if you went to college at the university you pull for. You can go buy a t-shirt at Wal-Mart and call yourself a fan, but until you've been in the student section screaming your head off with red paint on your chest, or celebrating at the bell-tower after a win, or drinking on Hillsborough St. with your roommates, or camped outside to get student tickets all night or outside the free-expression tunnel to stop UNC fans from painting it, or jumped up and down on the court after a win, you REALLY DON'T know what it's like to be a fan of a university team. You just don't, unless you went there, and lived there for 4 years and experienced the fan culture as a student.

Of course, I don't know what UNC fans do, maybe buying a Wal-Mart shirt and sipping water out of the over glorified water fountain that symbolizes the school makes you a fan? You guys tell me.

NOT TO MENTION I left out the numerous insults and personal attacks that a forum MODERATOR included. You could make a 10 page thread with just Panthro insults in the NCAA forum. He probably thinks a "lane violation" is when someone is standing in his way at an all you can eat buffet. 

Sure, I'm guilty of lashing out an insult here or there. If you can't beat em, join em. I'd rather talk hoops but sadly most people in sub would rather talk sh1t. 

#248 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Just on the first page of this forum in a couple of threads, there's homophobic slurs used by you in the Grayson Allen committment thread, you calling a guy a moron in the Joel Berry thread (for calling him a middle of the road PG), this despite you in the same Grayson Allen thread saying, "never heard of him...can't be too good" in a clear troll attempt.  If bigcatdaddy said that in a UNC thread, you would say he was derailing it and probably insult him by calling him names as you've done before. 

Not to mention you just threw out an insult at a mod right after you got pissy about him insulting you in the past.  In a part of a thread he hasn't even been active in today. But no, you would never start things. 

I've seen you and had good discussions on here with you before, and no doubt State, Duke, UNC, etc. fans here all derail threads...but let's not pretend you aren't one of the main culprits there. So, I'd say take your own advice...and read the threads. 

#249 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Just on the first page of this forum in a couple of threads, there's homophobic slurs used by you in the Grayson Allen committment thread, you calling a guy a moron in the Joel Berry thread (for calling him a middle of the road PG), this despite you in the same Grayson Allen thread saying, "never heard of him...can't be too good" in a clear troll attempt.  If bigcatdaddy said that in a UNC thread, you would say he was derailing it and probably insult him by calling him names as you've done before. 

Not to mention you just threw out an insult at a mod right after you got pissy about him insulting you in the past.  In a part of a thread he hasn't even been active in today. But no, you would never start things. 

I've seen you and had good discussions on here with you before, and no doubt State, Duke, UNC, etc. fans here all derail threads...but let's not pretend you aren't one of the main culprits there. So, I'd say take your own advice...and read the threads. 

I have never heard of Grayson Allen and I didn't use a homophobic slur. 

Here's something else for you consider:

Since 1992-93, If you combine all of the teams in the ACC, B10, B12, Big East, SEC, P12 ......

NC STATE is the ONLY team out of EVERY SINGLE TEAM in those conferences to NOT HAVE ANY CHAMPIONSHIP OF ANY KIND in men's basketball, football, baseball, women's soccer, women's basketball. 

They do have a men's reg season soccer title 20 years ago. 

1349110594814.gif

Also, I heard a rumor that JP Tokoto left the toilet seat down in one of the dorms in CH. Quick! To Pack Pride! This calls for an all out investigation! 

#250 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Essentially.

There are idiots in all fan bases, like the State fans who think they would fare better in the SEC, or those that think Carolina/Swofford conspire against them on the regular.

Pie for this portion of your response.  I appreciate your honesty man...  I don't want to speak for MrTd, I'll leave that between you all.

But, that's all I was looking for in regards to your honest response.  I appreciate that you are able to answer that objectively and remove any emotional attachment or allegiance you may have to your school.

Anyone who has read most of my posts in this forum, and maybe even in the lounge or tinderbox, has read that I'm a UNC alum ('11).  That being said, I don't understand the hate between the fanbases.  Is it part of a rivalry?  Sure.  But, when that fandom crosses over into wishing for/working towards the failure of a person or a number of persons' ability to thrive in their personal or professional lives - things have gone too far.  Such are the cases with the recent "academic scandal" and PJ Hariston's situation now.

Losers actually frequenting rival school websites trying to dig up transcripts, acting as shitty makeshift detectives because they have nothing better to do with their time...  People visiting threads for the sole purpose of trolling fans of rival schools when news like this comes out, claiming they're not "haters," just returning the favor for years of arrogance, blah, blah, blah...  I don't get it.

Yes, I attended UNC, but I don't understand people getting so emotionally invested in the athletics that they stoop to such levels.  I pull for NC State when playing anyone but UNC.  I pull for Duke just the same.  Same for Wake Forest...  I actually grew up a State fan and I hated UNC, lol, then I slowly transitioned to more of a "fan of the players" and a regional fan (Any team from NC versus everyone else). 

So, I just don't understand how "adults" can act like this and get this petty over stuff that most of them have little to no attachment to.  There are people that are actually working towards/hoping for harm on others over this crap, that ultimately, none of us are involved in.  It's pathetic.

Am I proud of what's going on?  Absolutely not.  Does it affect me on a day to day basis or the quality of the education I received?  Nope.  So, do I care?  Mostly not.  I hope everything works out for PJ but, he's made some really poor decisions and then got caught for them.  And as others have pointed out, it most likely has gone on or is going on at every school in the area to some degree.  Boosters are boosters for a reason.  Money makes the world go 'round, and if you don't think players get benefits from their positions in this system, you're kidding yourself.  A select few at UNC (including those in an academic dept.) were caught doing wrong, and they were punished.  PJ is caught up in this stuff currently, and we'll see what comes of it.  In the words of John Fox, "it is what it is."  Does it mean widespread scandal to a level unseen at any of the other big schools in the area?  Nope.  UNC just got caught doing it.  And ultimately, it has no bearing on my life, and I feel sorry for anyone that feels it does to the point that they revel in it or get joy out of seeing it unfold, lol.

#251 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

If Kennedy and Gayson got in to a fight, who do you think would win?

#downgoesGayson

Down goes Gayson!

Really looking forward to yelling this every time he FLOPS at Duke.

I have never heard of Grayson Allen and I didn't use a homophobic slur

Here's something else for you consider:

Since 1992-93, If you combine all of the teams in the ACC, B10, B12, Big East, SEC, P12 ......

NC STATE is the ONLY team out of EVERY SINGLE TEAM in those conferences to NOT HAVE ANY CHAMPIONSHIP OF ANY KIND in men's basketball, football, baseball, women's soccer, women's basketball. 

They do have a men's reg season soccer title 20 years ago. 

1349110594814.gif

Also, I heard a rumor that JP Tokoto left the toilet seat down in one of the dorms in CH. Quick! To Pack Pride! This calls for an all out investigation! 

#252 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Those were obviously a typo.

#253 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Lol

#254 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Those were obviously a typo.

Okay mrtrd!

#255 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

This is just embarrassing, there is no point in arguing because no matter your position... you don't have any say in his punishment and as much as you think you know the entire story... you simply don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.