31 replies to this topic

#31 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

I lived right across the street at Piratesplace man, believe me when I say I know ECU is for real. When I get done with my associates I plan on transferring back to ECU. Bowling in rowdy dowdy really gave it at big time feel, especially when State and Russel Wilson rolled into town. We partied all day and night Friday and Saturday and the atmosphere was electric

My freshmen year in 2009 when we played Vatech on a Thursday was the most pumped up football game I've been to. Classes let out early and we got to partying, all weekend long and the stadium was nuts.

However, all the partying led me to where I am now so I no longer get to enjoy the growth but I will be back in 2 springs.

Awesome.  Good luck to you!  I agree... ECU has easily the best college football gameday atmosphere in North Carolina.  50,000 screaming Pirates.  UNC & State have bigger stadiums, but the crowd noise, tailgating, women, and food don't compare.

Go Pirates!  16 more days...

#32 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Awesome. Good luck to you! I agree... ECU has easily the best college football gameday atmosphere in North Carolina. 50,000 screaming Pirates. UNC & State have bigger stadiums, but the crowd noise, tailgating, women, and food don't compare.

Go Pirates! 16 more days...

I disagree on the women, UNC has the finest least dressed women I have seen. Something about blonde and blue walking around in shorts and no shirt. However, I firmly believe Apps has a better atmosphere than UNC, State, and obviously Duke. App gets rowdy because of the expectations, the wine and cheesers up the mountain are few and far between. I had the most fun as a student though, heckling the other team but by the time conference games rolled around it just lost its appeal. No one cares to see UAB or Memphis, or Tulane. Virginia Tech, State, UNC, and App bring out the best and loudest the fans have to offer.

I believe if App wins from the get go in the Sun Belt and gets their stadium bowled in and buildings built up to trap sound, it will be close to ECU. The difference between UNC and App, and ECU are the expectations. They were really high my freshmen year and it showed in the students. App always has been loud and the night game Armanti single handily destroyed Richmond was louder than I heard UNC get and was a different loud from ECU. The official, who was from the Big 12 said that was the loudest game on the field he had been apart of aside from Texas and OU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com