Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

typical bobcats/hornets

22 posts in this topic

Posted

If Karl still wants to coach Id love to see him with the clippers. Bring cp3 back with Karl coaching and that team just might actually have a title shot. I am not a clippers fan or anything(hell they may have hired a new coach already no idea) but i think it would be a great fit.

Posted

How do you win Coach of the Year and get fired?  Guy won the last 40 some games with like a 36-8 record or something, had the 3rd seed with no superstars on his team.  Stupid, stupid decision, and if I was a Denver fan I'd be up in arms over this.  I just don't get it, at all.  Like someone mentioned, it has to be money, I don't know of any other reason why they'd do this.  

Posted

George Karl is a great coach and I have a lot of respect for him, but he is the Marty Schottenheimer of the NBA (fired after a 13-3 season with the Chargers).  He gets his team's to perform and even excel in the regular season, but they inevitably fold come the playoffs.  From what I've read, Nuggets management wanted him to play Javale McGee more after they gave him such a large contract, but he refused and played Koufos instead.  Upper management blames Karl for the series loss to the Warriors in the playoffs because they thought he tried to match the shorter quicker lineup instead of playing Nuggets basketball like they played all season... Then to put the cherry on top, he wanted a raise and a 4-year extension.  I think both sides are justified in having a sour taste in their mouth but I think ultimately, Karl wore out his welcome with the execs.

Posted

How do you win Coach of the Year and get fired?  Guy won the last 40 some games with like a 36-8 record or something, had the 3rd seed with no superstars on his team.  Stupid, stupid decision, and if I was a Denver fan I'd be up in arms over this.  I just don't get it, at all.  Like someone mentioned, it has to be money, I don't know of any other reason why they'd do this.  

This is how...

Playoff History for George Karl:

04-05 - lost first round

05-06 - lost first round

06-07 - lost first round

08-09 - lost conference finals

09-10 - lost first round

10-11 - lost first round

11-12 - lost first round

12-13 - lost first round

I see the same thing happening to Mike Smith with the Falcons in another year or 2... good regular season team, but folding when it matters.

Posted

I'd love to make the playoffs 8 straight years lol.

They may find the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  They shouldn't even have made the playoffs this year really.

3 people like this

Posted

I'd love to make the playoffs 8 straight years lol.

They may find the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  They shouldn't even have made the playoffs this year really.

Being a Bobcat fan it is easy to say that (if you are), but when your team does consistently excel in the regular season and makes the playoffs every year, expectations change.

They had the 3rd best record in the West and have good talent on the roster despite what most people think.  Galinari getting hurt at the end of the season killed them because they run alot of their offense through him being a guy who stretches the floor.

Dunlap could have coached this team into the playoffs... maybe not a 3 seed, but they have a playoff caliber roster.

Posted

I've always thought Karl was a decent coach.  I'm not saying they are, but it seems that his best days coaching might be gone.  I thought he was at his best when he was with the Sonics.  Anyway he probably would have helped us lure some FA's more so then anyone we could have hired, but hopefully Clifford gets it done.

Posted

Here go the Charlotte fans complaining about a great hire because a Big shot Coach was just let go. Big Shot coaches rarely work at multiple places and Karl would have never came here after the Dunlap firing. 

Clifford was one of the hottest coaches in the NBA interview wise, everyone was wanting to interview him. The Bobcats got him and he was by far the best candidate for the position.  

Posted

Nuggets will hire Dunlap and they will be NBA champs

1 person likes this

Posted

George Karl spoke for the first time after being fired by the Nuggets (yesterday), calling the firing; "very stupid".