Photo
- - - - -

typical bobcats/hornets

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

How do you win Coach of the Year and get fired?  Guy won the last 40 some games with like a 36-8 record or something, had the 3rd seed with no superstars on his team.  Stupid, stupid decision, and if I was a Denver fan I'd be up in arms over this.  I just don't get it, at all.  Like someone mentioned, it has to be money, I don't know of any other reason why they'd do this.  

This is how...

Playoff History for George Karl:

04-05 - lost first round

05-06 - lost first round

06-07 - lost first round

08-09 - lost conference finals

09-10 - lost first round

10-11 - lost first round

11-12 - lost first round

12-13 - lost first round

I see the same thing happening to Mike Smith with the Falcons in another year or 2... good regular season team, but folding when it matters.

#17 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'd love to make the playoffs 8 straight years lol.

They may find the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  They shouldn't even have made the playoffs this year really.

#18 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'd love to make the playoffs 8 straight years lol.

They may find the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  They shouldn't even have made the playoffs this year really.

Being a Bobcat fan it is easy to say that (if you are), but when your team does consistently excel in the regular season and makes the playoffs every year, expectations change.

They had the 3rd best record in the West and have good talent on the roster despite what most people think.  Galinari getting hurt at the end of the season killed them because they run alot of their offense through him being a guy who stretches the floor.

Dunlap could have coached this team into the playoffs... maybe not a 3 seed, but they have a playoff caliber roster.

#19 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,359 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

I've always thought Karl was a decent coach.  I'm not saying they are, but it seems that his best days coaching might be gone.  I thought he was at his best when he was with the Sonics.  Anyway he probably would have helped us lure some FA's more so then anyone we could have hired, but hopefully Clifford gets it done.

#20 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,389 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Here go the Charlotte fans complaining about a great hire because a Big shot Coach was just let go. Big Shot coaches rarely work at multiple places and Karl would have never came here after the Dunlap firing. 

Clifford was one of the hottest coaches in the NBA interview wise, everyone was wanting to interview him. The Bobcats got him and he was by far the best candidate for the position.  

#21 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,519 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Nuggets will hire Dunlap and they will be NBA champs

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

George Karl spoke for the first time after being fired by the Nuggets (yesterday), calling the firing; "very stupid".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users