Photo
- - - - -

4 Year Old Shoots and Kills Father

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

There have been numerous societies, both past and present, that exist without the civilian police force "out firepowering" the civilian population. No one's advocating for a revocation or the police/standing army

out of curiosity... what societies?

#32 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

We existed that way as a nation for the majority of our history, after all.

that's not really true... and in the areas that it was (the frontier/ the slums) law and order came from 1. organized crime or 2. mob rule... either way, from the barrel of a gun or the tip of a sword.

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

that's not really true... and in the areas that it was (the frontier/ the slums) law and order came from 1. organized crime or 2. mob rule... either way, from the barrel of a gun or the tip of a sword.

Who's arguing that? My point was more geared towards regions where proper infrastructure had been implemented. Slum crime is solved by equal economic opportunity rather than forceful oppression.

#34 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Who's arguing that? My point was more geared towards regions where proper infrastructure had been implemented. Slum crime is solved by equal economic opportunity rather than forceful oppression.

ok, what are your examples where societal norms were upheld without threat of violence?

or do you only take issue with state sponsored violence... is mob violence ok?

i'm not trying to be a dick, i'm trying to figure out what you're saying.

#35 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Sorry, I kept trying to keep up with this thread while teaching my daughter how to ride her bike without training wheels and simultaneously walking two large dogs. My last two posts were from my phone in that effort. 

I'm now back inside and sweaty as poo and tired....I'll come back to this conversation in a bit. 

#36 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Sorry, I kept trying to keep up with this thread while teaching my daughter how to ride her bike without training wheels and simultaneously walking two large dogs. My last two posts were from my phone in that effort. 

I'm now back inside and sweaty as poo and tired....I'll come back to this conversation in a bit. 

no worries, all that poo is much more important... don't even worry about it honestly, i should be doing more work than i am.