#17 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

wr list is very very hard to make so many deserving wr, and now a days its hard to separate yourself from every wr unless your Calvin Johnson at the moment. You have to be careful with one hit wonder wr's(brandon lloyd, steve smith nyg,benard berrian, ect) and although i don't think he will be one, demaryius thomas shouldn't be rated that high harvin neither. In my own opinion i look at consistency as a big key factor in ranking wr's

#18 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Here is my top 100 receiver list 

1. Steve Smith

2- I dont give a fug

3. Repeat #2 till you reach 100

#19 LazyBones

LazyBones

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKernersville, NC

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Smitty is ranked higher on this list a year from now.  Cam is in for a huge year and Smitty will be a big part of that.  It's going to be fun to watch!

#20 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Smitty is a top 5 wr, the only reason he didn't make top 5 is because nobody watches the Carolina Panthers on the Nat'l stage.

#21 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Top 10, all time.

Easily

#22 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,315 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Smitty is a top 5 wr, the only reason he didn't make top 5 is because nobody watches the Carolina Panthers on the Nat'l stage.

Uh, no.

#23 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

He wasn't a top 5 caliber WR last year. Those days are over

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

its a good thing smith is going to last forever and  not get hurt and  miss games, amiright?

#25 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,743 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Pretty sure nobody seriously thinks he is going to play forever or is invincible.

Continue the negative nancy fest though.

#26 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Pretty sure nobody seriously thinks he is going to play forever or is invincible.

Continue the negative nancy fest though.

Name one negative nancy comment in this thread....or are you referring to preset day reality as negative nancy

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,743 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Name one negative nancy comment in this thread....or are you referring to preset day reality as negative nancy

Preset day? It was in response to the post above it, I just didn't quote it.

#28 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

He wasn't a top 5 caliber WR last year. Those days are over

I would like to know what your logic/criteria is to be a "top 5 caliber" WR. 

I'm just going to go on a generic assumption and say that just because you do not finish at the top of the receiving ranks does not mean you are not "top 5 caliber." Just because you are not "top 5 caliber" does not mean that you cannot be top 5 the following season.

There were only 11 WRs ahead of #89 on the receiving yards list last season and of those players, I would only consider Calvin Johnson as the player who has been "top 5 caliber" consistently the past few years.

Of the #1 receivers ahead of him, only Calvin Johnson (3,645 at 16.8 ypc) and Brandon Marshall (barely 2,722, 13.9 ypc) are ahead of Steve Smith (2,568 at 16.85 ypc) in terms of total receiving yards in the past 2 seasons. Steve has had a better YPC than both players to include Johnson's past 2 record seasons.

Please explain how the above does not indicate that he has not been playing at a #1 caliber WR the  last few seasons and please explain why he cannot be that again if he wasn't.

I can only imagine how much you wrote him off with pickles throwing him the ball.

P.S. - Wes Welker has been purposely omitted from above because I do not consider him as a #1 WR.

#29 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

I would like to know what your logic/criteria is to be a "top 5 caliber" WR.

I'm just going to go on a generic assumption and say that just because you do not finish at the top of the receiving ranks does not mean you are not "top 5 caliber." Just because you are not "top 5 caliber" does not mean that you cannot be top 5 the following season.

There were only 11 WRs ahead of #89 on the receiving yards list last season and of those players, I would only consider Calvin Johnson as the player who has been "top 5 caliber" consistently the past few years.

Of the #1 receivers ahead of him, only Calvin Johnson (3,645 at 16.8 ypc) and Brandon Marshall (barely 2,722, 13.9 ypc) are ahead of Steve Smith (2,568 at 16.85 ypc) in terms of total receiving yards in the past 2 seasons. Steve has had a better YPC than both players to include Johnson's past 2 record seasons.

Please explain how the above does not indicate that he has not been playing at a #1 caliber WR the last few seasons and please explain why he cannot be that again if he wasn't.

I can only imagine how much you wrote him off with pickles throwing him the ball.

P.S. - Wes Welker has been purposely omitted from above because I do not consider him as a #1 WR.

Smith didnt finish in the top 10 in....

Yards
TDs
Rec
YAC

He is getting old. He isn't the same player. He isn't top 5 caliber late in his career. Reality not an insult. His play not stats tell the story....he isn't the same explosive guy that can take a screen 80 yards making the entire play....he doesn't have the deep speed to blow guys out of the water.

He is 34. Life

#30 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Smith didnt finish in the top 10 in....

Yards
TDs
Rec
YAC

He is getting old. He isn't the same player. He isn't top 5 caliber late in his career. Reality not an insult. His play not stats tell the story....he isn't the same explosive guy that can take a screen 80 yards making the entire play....he doesn't have the deep speed to blow guys out of the water.

He is 34. Life

So you are saying. Because LAST year was not a good statistical year for Smitty, he is over the hill? Even after being given stats that show over the last 2 years he has been top 5 in most categories.

You do realize Smitty had a knee injury last year? Not being 100% just may have made him look mortal. It was a mirage.

Smitty may not be the fastest guy anymore. But he is still plenty fast. You do not have to take the top off the D to be considered elite. Please quit using speed alone as your bench mark.

Being 34 does not mean Smitty is done. Unless you feel the need to downplay last year, it is a poor argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.