Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the best athlete on the field? (Updated Criteria, now with music!)

Greatest athlete on the field   133 votes

1. 1. What position requires the greatest athleticism to play?

• QB
    • LT
    • DE
    • S
    • RB
    • LB
    • WR
    • CB
    • DT
    • other (TE, G, C, . . . . K, P if you got the cohones)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

100 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

LB simply because they have to utilize every defensive skill.

Posted · Report post

i think people are voting cb because they think "oh, they're fast and quick." of course they are, they're also the smallest and weakest.

the fact that DEs and LBs can do the things they do at their freakish size and weight is unbelievable.

Posted · Report post

i think people are voting cb because they think "oh, they're fast and quick." of course they are, they're also the smallest and weakest.

the fact that DEs and LBs can do the things they do at their freakish size and weight is unbelievable.

you also have to remember that cbs arguably have the toughest match ups in the game. Take the best WR and CB....Calvin Johnson and Darelle Revis. CJ is taller, faster, stronger, has a bigger vertcle and the ability to change direction must be minimal between both of them. Then you factor in that CB are the least protected position in the NFL and possibly all team sports. For a regular nfl CB to try and cover someone built like CJ and to do it well in todays NFL is extraordinary.

Posted · Report post

you also have to remember that cbs arguably have the toughest match ups in the game. Take the best WR and CB....Calvin Johnson and Darelle Revis. CJ is taller, faster, stronger, has a bigger vertcle and the ability to change direction must be minimal between both of them. Then you factor in that CB are the least protected position in the NFL and possibly all team sports. For a regular nfl CB to try and cover someone built like CJ and to do it well in todays NFL is extraordinary.

right, but we're not talking about which position is the hardest to play. we're talking who is the most athletic.

Posted · Report post

right, but we're not talking about which position is the hardest to play. we're talking who is the most athletic.

Cornerbacks require almost all athletic attributes other than strength.......just about every other position in the nFL is filled with guys who arent that athletic but when it comes do CBs they almost all have to have a high degree of athleticism. Basically what im saying is that the athletic attributes of a cb translates more to their position than any other i.e their combine results will tell you more about their ability to play the position than any other.

Posted · Report post

Gaydosh
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Gaydosh

Gaydosh

Posted · Report post

I know we're not anointing someone who "looks like someone's agent" as the best athlete on the field.

Posted · Report post

yes. gaydosh.

Posted · Report post

for some reason i feel he should be called Gaydosh the Supreme.

and there should be an echo when that title is vocalized.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The reason why I often rate Safety over LB is that the Safety is doing everything the Linebacker is doing, except more. Its an extra level of responsibility and job requirements.

Posted · Report post

I would say, generally it's the scondary. Size and brute strength have nothing too with athleticism.

Unless your name is Linden Gaydosh..
1 person likes this