Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton Underrated, Double Trouble Overrated according to everyone's favorite CBS Sportswriter

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have a feeling that Barner is gonna have a breakout year and somebody is going to be seeing some serious time on the bench. Nothing against Double Trouble, but I feel there time has passed. Barner my have an Arian Foster type year.

It's funny you say that; cause I actually like the combination of D'Angelo and Tolbert better than any other two back combination on the team from last year . And of course you can throw Barner in (as you're doing) for variety. 

One of those guys (double trouble) has got to go eventually. And of course the incoming player or draft pick, just makes it sweeter. 

I think eventually (and hopefully sooner than later) Gettleman will do something, especially after this season when he gets to watch them play himself (Salary Cap be damned-Lol)! 

Posted · Report post

C'mon man. Why do you have to take it to the extreme to make a point? Now if you had said 50%, I may have agreed with you. Now that you have gone all Kirk Russell ala Overboard, I just had to throw my two cents your way.

Everyone knows they are overpaid.

That movie sucks! Just saw it today on tbs!

Posted · Report post

That movie sucks! Just saw it today on tbs!

Oh, but you could not be more wrong. Kurt Russell never made a bad movie. Mr. Disney wouldn't allow it.

Posted · Report post

Read option killed our RB's production IMO.  Getting rid of that will help.  I think DWill will have a good year, as well as Tolbert.  Stew is a never-ending injury and I think we knew that when we drafted another RB.   We just can't count on him.   I expect the Oline to be better.  Kalil being back will be huge.  

Posted · Report post

Read option killed our RB's production IMO.  Getting rid of that will help.  I think DWill will have a good year, as well as Tolbert.  Stew is a never-ending injury and I think we knew that when we drafted another RB.   We just can't count on him.   I expect the Oline to be better.  Kalil being back will be huge.  

Stew rarely misses games...just practice.

Posted · Report post

I don't think our running backs are overrated, you never hear anything about them.  Also I believe the defense, particularly the ends, are our underrated players not so much Newton.

Posted · Report post

Stew rarely misses games...just practice.

Yeah previous to last year, but he missed 7 last year, and most of the time he's "limited" in some regard.   And even I guess he's not as bad as you initially think but he's rarely ever 100%.  I'd love to see this guy at 100% because I know he's very talented.