Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm not sure how to title this..

68 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So we get Bosh and the 29th pick, which when Bosh walks in free agency ultimately becomes the 29th pick for the 4th pick... brilliant.

Posted · Report post

Will never happen. Just a motivation tactic by Pat Riley. 

Posted · Report post

fug no. Worse than the Tyrus Thomas experiment. The only thing Bosh can do is make ugly/weird faces

Posted · Report post

Sabotage the rebuilding process for the chance of the playoffs once?  No thanks.

Posted · Report post

honestly this move would piss me off. do know want to make this move until next year. patience for one more year!!! this is nothing but treadmilling again

Posted · Report post

I'd love it if it were a sign-and-trade, so he'd be locked in for a few years.

Posted · Report post

I'd love it if it were a sign-and-trade, so he'd be locked in for a few years.

To get a PF/C with nearly 10 years on his legs, who would take max, max money to come here, and turn the Hornets into a modern version of the Raptors while Bosh was there with a perpetual 6 or 7 seed?  No thank you.

Posted · Report post

- He's ugly raptor/ostrich looking mother fuc*ker

There is absolutely no reason to make this trade.

Glad to know im not the only one who thinks he should only have ever been allowed to play for the RAPTORS!!!

Posted · Report post

Eww Bosh as the face of the Charlotte Hornets is ugly.

Posted · Report post

Glad to know im not the only one who thinks he should only have ever been allowed to play for the RAPTORS!!!

Lol for real though, he was the best mascot they've ever had.

Posted · Report post

I'm not saying I want him or not, but you guys do realize that he's basically a 22+ppg 9rbpg player right?  His game has went down since going to Miami because of Wade/Lebron.    This draft is also terrible, so we really wouldn't be losing much.  Guy from YahooSports was on 610 this morning saying we should definitely do it because the draft is so bad.  I know some of you are worried about cap, but why?  We are most likely not going to bring someone in anyway.  We have to spend more money to even hit the minimum I believe.  If we need more cap, we can amnesty Tyrus.  If we're rebuilding, the contracts will be cheap anyway.  Moneywise, I think we're probably OK and it's possible we get a different contract in a sign and trade, I'm not sure. 

Holding out for some player next year is silly, I don't understand how people haven't learned how the NBA draft works.  The worst team hasn't got the #1 pick in years, maybe even a DECADE.  This isn't the NFL.  You can't bank on the draft.   Personally, I'd take making the playoffs at all for multiple years in a row.  It would build up our fanbase and we always have a shot.   The one year we DID make the playoffs, the hype in the city was at an all-time high, and not because anyone thought we could make a run, but because we MADE it there.  The Panthers would have a better fanbase if we ever made playoffs back-to-back years.   So if you gave me the choice of making the playoffs each year, even a low seed, versus sitting around on our hands with a terrible team hoping a "once-in-a-decade" player is in the draft AND we have a good pick, I'll take the playoffs each time.  Not to mention, if we start winning and become a bit more respectable, we'll bring in people easier.

Bosh DOES look rediculous, and I think he is soft a lot of times, but it's hard to pass up 22ppg and 9rbr PF/C that can shoot the occasional 3-ball when this team desperately needs someone to score.  He would automatically become the best Bobcat player ever.  And if some amazing miracle happened and we get someone to play down low with him that isn't terrible, we may have a fun team to watch.  Bosh is 29, I think he has at least 4 years left in him, maybe even more to contribute.

I'm mixed, I just don't think we can completely blow off the idea.  And then again, I'm still not sure this really has much merrit anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It took me awhile but I think I solved your issue not knowing how to title the article

"Bobcats rumored to be interested in Chris Bosh"

took me a while... boy that was hard.