Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NSA Whistleblower: Hero or Villain

48 posts in this topic

Posted

He is neither. He is a guy that made the decision to do something illegal for his beliefs.

Now he has come out to try and reap the benefits and become the Martin Luther King of internet data mining.

Posted

You read the article? Not sure what benefits he is planning on.

Posted

Yes i read the article. It sounds like a guy trying to get out in front of the story to set himself up as a martyr if he gets thrown in prison.

Posted

He exposed the illegal doings of the government, just as Bradley manning did. Kudos to both of them.

3 people like this

Posted

You must be referring to the illegal activities setup by the Executive, passed into law by the Legislative, and found to be legal by the Judicial.

Personally I like guys like this, the issue is that the actual facts of the matter are already lost to the hysterical media cries.

2 people like this

Posted

Thought this was an interesting quote:

Any analyst at any time can target anyone. Any selector. Anywhere. I, sitting at my desk, had the authority to wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant to a federal judge to even the president if I had a personal email

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/10/18877589-nsa-leak-source-edward-snowden-faces-doj-investigation-and-diplomatic-game?lite

Posted

Not sure I want to express my opinion since the gov't is likely monitoring.

3 people like this

Posted

Wonder if Hollywood folks will do a similar "I am Bradley Manning" video for this guy...

Posted

This guy had it all already. 6 figs a year, dreamhouse and girl in hawaii. He had a nice life and turned it down for the nightmare he will soon be living. We need pols that share his same outlook. He couldn't live with what he knew at the rest of our expense. but this is a great opportunity for the public to see how well dems and repubs work together against us.

2 people like this

Posted

Depends. Did he do it for fame or was he truly concerned. Considering he was actively supporting Dr Paul I'm leaning towards hero. I'm just surprised more types haven't done the same considering that a lowly private working an S3 job in the military has a security clearance and access to all kinds of material. 

Posted

Not the first. Won't be the last. Maybe we should listen to what these people are trying to tell us. It must be so disgusting that they can't go along with it anymore. Wasn't he making 200K?