http://www.guardian....er-surveillance

#2 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

He is neither. He is a guy that made the decision to do something illegal for his beliefs.

Now he has come out to try and reap the benefits and become the Martin Luther King of internet data mining.

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,350 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

You read the article? Not sure what benefits he is planning on.

#4 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

Yes i read the article. It sounds like a guy trying to get out in front of the story to set himself up as a martyr if he gets thrown in prison.

#5 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

He exposed the illegal doings of the government, just as Bradley manning did. Kudos to both of them.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

You must be referring to the illegal activities setup by the Executive, passed into law by the Legislative, and found to be legal by the Judicial.

Personally I like guys like this, the issue is that the actual facts of the matter are already lost to the hysterical media cries.

#7 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,494 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Thought this was an interesting quote:

Any analyst at any time can target anyone. Any selector. Anywhere. I, sitting at my desk, had the authority to wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant to a federal judge to even the president if I had a personal email

http://usnews.nbcnew...matic-game?lite

#8 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Not sure I want to express my opinion since the gov't is likely monitoring.

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,712 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Wonder if Hollywood folks will do a similar "I am Bradley Manning" video for this guy...

#10 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

This guy had it all already. 6 figs a year, dreamhouse and girl in hawaii. He had a nice life and turned it down for the nightmare he will soon be living. We need pols that share his same outlook. He couldn't live with what he knew at the rest of our expense. but this is a great opportunity for the public to see how well dems and repubs work together against us.

#11 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

Depends. Did he do it for fame or was he truly concerned. Considering he was actively supporting Dr Paul I'm leaning towards hero. I'm just surprised more types haven't done the same considering that a lowly private working an S3 job in the military has a security clearance and access to all kinds of material. 

#12 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Not the first. Won't be the last. Maybe we should listen to what these people are trying to tell us. It must be so disgusting that they can't go along with it anymore. Wasn't he making 200K?

#13 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

Depends. Did he do it for fame or was he truly concerned. Considering he was actively supporting Dr Paul I'm leaning towards hero. I'm just surprised more types haven't done the same considering that a lowly private working an S3 job in the military has a security clearance and access to all kinds of material.

I don't think he did it for fame. But I think hr revealed himself to try to get out ahead of the story and try to garner some sympathy. My guess is he wants to make it
more difficult to throw him in jail. He is hoping there will be a media outcry if he gets caught and he is probably correct.

It was actually pretty smart for him to reveal himself first instead of having the government reveal him. I agree with John Boehner though, he is still a traitor to this country even if you are glad he did it.

#14 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,040 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

Alright, I've not commented on this whole NSA phone/internet spying thing until now because, frankly, I didn't want to get on my soap box, but I've got to get some of this off my chest.

First let me say that I agree with those who are outraged over this. Second, let me say that I was outraged 10 years ago too, back when all this started and conservatives who are now bashing Obama were silent as Bush did the same thing in the name of counter-terrorism and liberals were calling Bush the next Hitler.

Third, if any of those conservatives think - as I heard Rush Limbaugh claim recently - that today's spying is somehow 'worse' than it was under Bush then they're either lying to themselves or just want to bash Obama some more. If you really think that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 and passage of the patriot act that the NSA wasn't doing this to track potential terrorists then you've got rocks in your head.

Also, I've seen so many liberals/democrats who were outraged over this when Bush was in bend over backwards to defend Obama that it's making me sick. I just find it so ironic that all the right-wingers who have been bashing wiki-leaks and whistle-blowers in the past are now calling this guy a patriot. And it's not that I don't tend to agree with the sentiment, but what's happened here is absolutely no different than anything wiki-leaks has ever done. It's like the left and right have decided to flip on this issue because of who's in the White House now versus 10 years ago.

Have some guts and conviction. You're either for something or against it. We're supposed to vote for one party or the other because of what we believe, not what the parties decide we should believe/think.

#15 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

harden stated that he was ready to come forward in 08 but gave Obama the benefit of doubt. Once he realized these policies were not scaled back, but expanded upon, thats when he began to act. But it doesn't matter what party did what. Its what we know now. I mean, I can't say any of the parties represent anything we stand for or against. So to make this another partisan issue only helps them. Plus, I'm not sure what secrets he leaked to journalist. I can't say he's a traitor, cause who knows what he really turned over to them. If its national security threats and procedures, then yeah. But if he turned over docs that reveal abuse of powers and shameful official acts, then no wonder the smear machine is out showing pictures of his ballerina girlfriend like shes a stripper. So once again the truth will never fall upon the public because DEMS and REPUBS are gonna work together to get this kid out of the lightened day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.