• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#286 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

That part sucks. I am a plus member but it still sucks.

Same here. I think it was the part about at least having the option. I don't really even play as much online as I used to.

If they do keep the current prices and amount of free content (they have been doing 1 ps3 game and 2-3 downloadable games a month) it will still be a good value. Still, it's always been nice having that option.

#287 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Missed Nintendo's presser but the highlight is Megaman is coming to SSB.

#288 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wow so apparently Killer Instinct is free to download with one character, but relies on micro transactions to get the other characters/arenas to gamers.  fuging M$ always trying to make more....just give gamers a complete game that doesn't look like vomit on a screen and charge the normal 59.99 for it....

#289 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,135 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

ffs can we bring back sega and kill off microsoft?

#290 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Same here. I think it was the part about at least having the option. I don't really even play as much online as I used to.

If they do keep the current prices and amount of free content (they have been doing 1 ps3 game and 2-3 downloadable games a month) it will still be a good value. Still, it's always been nice having that option.

Same pricing as it is right now. 50.00 for the whole year. By being a PSN plus member you get DriveClub right off the bat plus 1 game each month to start out with. The other 3 announced games were PSN games Dark Poncho, outlast, and Don't Starve. (That's all that's been announced so far)  Sony did mention during the press conference that PS plus would be required for online play. It's just everyone was super stoked about the no used game or online check in thing to notice it. lol 

Still a fantastic value considering you're getting DriveClub for free and that's 60 dollars right there. Then you get 1 game each month with the first three being those PSN games I listed above. 

#291 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Wow so apparently Killer Instinct is free to download with one character, but relies on micro transactions to get the other characters/arenas to gamers.  fuging M$ always trying to make more....just give gamers a complete game that doesn't look like vomit on a screen and charge the normal 59.99 for it....

That seems to be a new thing for fighting games, free to download with 1-4 characters and then the rest are extra. Another new fighting game that's coming out is doing the same damn thing. 

#292 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Adding in that the PS4 has much better hardware than XB1, and I am now sold on that being my next console purchase. Been with XB since the original and Halo, but I'm switching allegiance gladly.

Sorry, but I won't be getting both. I'm just a casual console gamer, so the PS4 is the better deal at the moment. Of course, that could all change, but if this is any indication of how out of touch MS is, then it'll be a long, painful time until they get it close to right.

#293 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Also some more ownage from sony. It's been a rough month and half for MS and it just keeps going.

http://www.ign.com/a...able-upgradable

It's not only a 500GB hardrive, but it's removable and up gradable similar to the PS3. 

Additional details about the PlayStation 4 have begun to emerge following last night's announcements. In addition to be region-free, we've now learned that that the system's500GB hard drive can be removed and upgraded. Sony Worldwide Studio Head, Shuhei Yoshida, confirmed the news via Twitter early this morning. The move gives the PS4 yet another advantage over the Xbox One, which makes the hard drive inaccessible to consumers

#294 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Adding in that the PS4 has much better hardware than XB1, and I am now sold on that being my next console purchase. Been with XB since the original and Halo, but I'm switching allegiance gladly.

Sorry, but I won't be getting both. I'm just a casual console gamer, so the PS4 is the better deal at the moment. Of course, that could all change, but if this is any indication of how out of touch MS is, then it'll be a long, painful time until they get it close to right.

MS was never in it to get the Gamer, they wanted to pick them up for the ride. Their ultimate goal for a system was one to replace all the media devices in the living room and be the center of the entertainment experience for families. 

#295 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

8ChKB32_zps20fdbf27.png

#296 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Same pricing as it is right now. 59.99 for the whole year. By being a PSN plus member you get DriveClub right off the bat plus 1 game each month to start out with. The other 3 announced games were PSN games Dark Poncho, outlast, and Don't Starve. (That's all that's been announced so far) Sony did mention during the press conference that PS plus would be required for online play. It's just everyone was super stoked about the no used game or online check in thing to notice it. lol

Still a fantastic value considering you're getting DriveClub for free and that's 60 dollars right there. Then you get 1 game each month with the first three being those PSN games I listed above.

I never said it wasn't a good value, that's why I already have it. I just don't want it to become one 3hr psn game a month.

They have been doing good at keeping the content varied enough to keep everyone interested and I hope they keep it up.

#297 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I never said it wasn't a good value, that's why I already have it. I just don't want it to become one 3hr psn game a month.

They have been doing good at keeping the content varied enough to keep everyone interested and I hope they keep it up.

It's going to be a bit slow on free games up front because of the lack of titles, but once the games have had time to come out. I figure it'll pick back up again. DriveClub is an awesome addition though for those that already have PSN and are getting a PS4. 

Also some the of the PSN/XBA games are pretty good even if some are only 3-4 hours long. That's some really solid titles in the launch window. 

#298 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

http://www.forbes.co...xbox-one-at-e3/

#299 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

I havent been convinced of either just yet but I am not counting Xbox out. I think exclusives are better than the ps4's and if MS get's the illumiroom out then I think that can over take the ps4. Right now the only thing I find better about the ps4 is that it may have potentially better graphics. But as far as online service, even the feel of the controller that goes to Xbox. The whole used game issue is a non factor for me and the fact that its being so overblown right now just means that Xbox will fix the problem and it will be a non issue. Backwards compatibility means nothing to me. You don't buy a new system to play old games. That said I'll probably wait a year before making a choice on it.

#300 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

I havent been convinced of either just yet but I am not counting Xbox out. I think exclusives are better than the ps4's and if MS get's the illumiroom out then I think that can over take the ps4. Right now the only thing I find better about the ps4 is that it may have potentially better graphics. But as far as online service, even the feel of the controller that goes to Xbox. The whole used game issue is a non factor for me and the fact that its being so overblown right now just means that Xbox will fix the problem and it will be a non issue. Backwards compatibility means nothing to me. You don't buy a new system to play old games. That said I'll probably wait a year before making a choice on it.

See that's the problem with MS system here. They can't go back on anything they've said, It's up to the third party developers and Not MS now. Plus on top of that they System is based on being an entertainment device. What that means is it's meant to download movies, games and so forth to the HD. The reason the games install to the HD and then play from there is because the system is completely based around digital distribution. Hence the every 24 hour check in to xbox live servers and the cloud. 

If you go into the store and buy a Xbox one game disk, what your really paying for is the digital distribution rights that allow you to download the game to your HD and play it. 

That's the biggest problem MS faces, they would have to completely rework the digital distribution system and how disk based games work with the system. They would have to eliminate and then rebuild their cloud system. 

They've just dug themselves way too deep of a hole here to dig out of it. They really can't make changes to the backbone of their system at this point. 

Honestly another thing that most early adopters aren't liking is the forced kinect connection. 

While neither of those policies affect me in anyway, I'm in agreement with them at all. It seems that most hardcore gamers that are early adopters are inline with the views I just expressed as well. With online polls having the PS4 being favored by an 83% to 17% advantage. 

I'll also be picking a xbox one up in the future, but not for a while. They need to knock at least 150 off the price for me to be able to get over the policies on used games, forced digital distribution and the online check ups. It would also be nice if I could get one that didn't come with the Kinect, because I could care less about that crap. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com