• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#301 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

See that's the problem with MS system here. They can't go back on anything they've said, It's up to the third party developers and Not MS now. Plus on top of that they System is based on being an entertainment device. What that means is it's meant to download movies, games and so forth to the HD. The reason the games install to the HD and then play from there is because the system is completely based around digital distribution. Hence the every 24 hour check in to xbox live servers and the cloud. 

If you go into the store and buy a Xbox one game disk, what your really paying for is the digital distribution rights that allow you to download the game to your HD and play it. 

That's the biggest problem MS faces, they would have to completely rework the digital distribution system and how disk based games work with the system. They would have to eliminate and then rebuild their cloud system. 

They've just dug themselves way too deep of a hole here to dig out of it. They really can't make changes to the backbone of their system at this point. 

Honestly another thing that most early adopters aren't liking is the forced kinect connection. 

While neither of those policies affect me in anyway, I'm in agreement with them at all. It seems that most hardcore gamers that are early adopters are inline with the views I just expressed as well. With online polls having the PS4 being favored by an 83% to 17% advantage. 

I'll also be picking a xbox one up in the future, but not for a while. They need to knock at least 150 off the price for me to be able to get over the policies on used games, forced digital distribution and the online check ups. It would also be nice if I could get one that didn't come with the Kinect, because I could care less about that crap. 

Well if that's the case then perhaps the only way Xbox can fight back is  to sell games at a surprisingly lower cost. $40 vs the usual $55-65. Make the digital version much cheaper than the disc.

Maybe it's the xbox fan boy in me, but I think xbox has something up their sleeve here.

#302 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well if that's the case then perhaps the only way Xbox can fight back is  to sell games at a surprisingly lower cost. $40 vs the usual $55-65. Make the digital version much cheaper than the disc.

Maybe it's the xbox fan boy in me, but I think xbox has something up their sleeve here.

Some of the things that MS has brought to the gaming community are nice and I was in line at midnight back for the original xbox, same with the 360. Forza is absolutely my favorite racing game hands down.  I love Rare as a developer. (Kinda wish sony had bought them though, so they could at least make actual games and not just kinect games). Fable and Gears are both nice series. I like what I'm seeing from project Spark, if it takes off with the gaming community that could be a major sleeper hit for MS.  TitanFall looks nice, but I'll honestly play it on PC over any other platform it comes out on.  I'm not big on Halo anymore unless they make super duper major changes to the way it plays. DR looks like it could be interesting if they polish it right, the other two got pretty old quickly.  I liked the preview of Sunset overdrive and that looked interesting as hell. 

So they definitely have the games right now to back the system, they've just made a ton of mistakes in other areas that I'm not sure they can fully recover from. 

#303 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Listen to Mattrick talk. lol 

Starts in the 4 hour mark around the 35 minute mark. 

To quote "We have a system for you if you don't have internet and it's the 360"

Also said something about if you had a xbox one on a nuclear sub, you'd be upset. lmao

#304 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Did anyone see the game play for The Division?

That game looks AMAZING. Makes a next gen console a must buy for me. 

#305 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,275 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Did anyone see the game play for The Division?

That game looks AMAZING. Makes a next gen console a must buy for me. 

Watch Dogs and The Division were far and away the games I was most excited about (with MGS5 a distant third....that hurt to say haha) yesterday.  That is until Square showed up at the Sony conference and let loose FFXV.  I've loved the look and action style of the game ever since it was first announced as Versus, so that being back was just incredible....

#306 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Watch Dogs and The Division were far and away the games I was most excited about (with MGS5 a distant third....that hurt to say haha) yesterday.  That is until Square showed up at the Sony conference and let loose FFXV.  I've loved the look and action style of the game ever since it was first announced as Versus, so that being back was just incredible....

Versus Looks amazing, like it could be the best FF since 7 good, it's still up in the air to see how it lands but I'm very excited about it.

I thought 13 was going to be amazingly good but it just turned out to be a 8/10 for me, once you beat it, it had no replay value and the game play was so linear it was boring because you wanted more freedom the entire time.

#307 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

The Division, The Crew, WatchDogs, Destiny, Project Spark, Forza5, FF15 all had amazing moments and look good. 

The top 3 games I've seen so far that are Next Gen only would have to be

FF15, Division and a toss up between the Crew and Destiny. 

Thought it was pretty cool that in Destiny you have a spaceship that you fly from planet to planet that's customization just like your main character is. 

#308 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,275 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Speaking of XV, Square showed off some more gameplay on the show floor today...

#309 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Destiny does nothing for me - generic sci-fi shooter.

The Division is my kind of game - if they get that right I'd play it to death. There isn't any more info past that stellar 7 mins of gameplay though.

#310 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,131 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

#311 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

The Division stood head and shoulders above the rest, imo. Honestly, I don't think I've seen anything that awesome in a long, long time.

I already knew about Watch_Dogs, which is definitely a day one buy for me. Of course, it looks amazing. But we all already knew that.

Destiny looked like a run of the mill FPS until that dynamic event opened up. That made it way more awesome in my eyes.

FF15 looks fuging sweet, as well. some of the coolest gameplay I've seen.

OMG KINGDOM HEARTS 3.

Also: Titanfall. It looks amazing. That is definitely something I can get behind. The old guys from Infinity Ward really know how to make a sweet multiplayer set up, and seeing a game designed around it will be so awesome. (It looks like what Brink was supposed to be before it... sucked, or whatever happened to it.)

But, all in all, I think the biggest thing I went into E3 for was which console am I going to pick for the next generation. This was the first time in a long, long time I didn't know what I wanted for the next generation, so it was a weird feeling. When Microsoft's press conference ended, I was impressed because it was games non-stop. Start to finish. No talk about sales, Kinect, anything, just. games.

After the Sony conference, and everything I've read though, I'm definitely going ot be picking up a PS4 next generation, on day one.

#312 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

ATTENTION!!!!  Our own Steve Smith had a role in the PS4 tech Demo, "The Dark Sorcerer"

The little green Goblin!!!

all seriousness, very very impressed with the graphics. it wasnt so much the graphics, but its how the characters act so real, with so many different emotions. This is what the next gen is all about.. Yes, the graphics are improved but what this gen is about is the way the characters carry themselves, how they interact and express themselves. Again, Very Very impressed.

I am watching the hour and a half presentation on youtube of the ps4, and have only gotten to this demo. not even half way through and i am impressed! do not even know about the other games and features

#313 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,131 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

#314 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

It's always funny to me how major companies depict gamers: their language, an attractive male and female flirting. It's like utopia of gaming. 

Meanwhile on planet earth, a clan of 12 year olds is letting you know how much they enjoyed your mom last night for the 47th night in a row. 

#315 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,275 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Stupid ass video, but glad all these functions are in.  I only wish the downloads would be that fast on shitty twc roadrunner....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com