Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Fathers day!

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I didn't bring race into this thread. You did by starting it. It is another one of your typical threads that you only start because of a racial disparity.

So because I posted a story about the high % of single parent households in Richmond...you're red flag goes off.  Zod's Cosby thread accepted though. 

Ignorance is bliss.

Posted · Report post

I don't think I even read or posted in the Cosby thread. Stop deflecting.

SZ(I think?)'s reference to JAQing off pretty much sums up your views on the issue so far...

"Hey guys! Look at the inordinate amount of single parent households in Richmond! Wow 60%! But, look at the African American number! Herpa Derp! Better call Maury!"

follow up posts - "aww c'mon let's all JAQ off and come up with solutions that place further institutionalized strain on evidenced single parent households!"

Posted · Report post

G5, do you think poverty has anything to do with it?

Sure, but sometimes that's just a cop out.  A ton of funding goes to education initiatives even in very prominent left/blue areas and results are the same if not worse well.  Even more emphasis has to be put on providing options for the poor in terms of both benefit enhancement and an incentive to use birth control.  I'm for birth control.  I'm not for forcing it...but I am for reducing one's benefit for poor choices. 

Posted · Report post

poor choices or institutionalized societal structure?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sure, but sometimes that's just a cop out.  A ton of funding goes to education initiatives even in very prominent left/blue areas and results are the same if not worse well.  Even more emphasis has to be put on providing options for the poor in terms of both benefit enhancement and an incentive to use birth control.  I'm for birth control.  I'm not for forcing it...but I am for reducing one's benefit for poor choices. 

i would argue it is the driving force behind these problems, and causes self-perpetuating cycles of destructive behavior. in sociological circles the term for it is a "culture of poverty." 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't think I even read or posted in the Cosby thread. Stop deflecting.

SZ(I think?)'s reference to JAQing off pretty much sums up your views on the issue so far...

"Hey guys! Look at the inordinate amount of single parent households in Richmond! Wow 60%! But, look at the African American number! Herpa Derp! Better call Maury!"

follow up posts - "aww c'mon let's all JAQ off and come up with solutions that place further institutionalized strain on evidenced single parent households!"

60% is bad....so doesn't 80%+ seem a lot worse?  As far as Maury, does he limit himself to only doing baby daddy segments to one race?

Posted · Report post

60% is bad....so doesn't 80%+ seem a lot worse?  As far as Maury, does he limit himself to only doing baby daddy segments to one race?

It IS worse, but the difference in you and I is that you don't really care about the "why?" all you care about is how you can fix it to suit your skewed reality.

... and I think you know as well as I that the only baby-daddy segments that get sensationalized are those of African Americans. You've seen the same animated .gifs everyone has. Don't play innocent.

Posted · Report post

G5 is the only guy who never laughed at the "I can't see out of my hood" scene in Django Unchained...fists clenched throughout the whole movie.

Only eats at Maurice's BBq in Columbia, SC.

Posted · Report post

Well this thread ruined my dad. Good job G5. I just don't understand how people can have such asinine opinions that are so completely distanced from reality if they aren't stemming from some internal bias. 

Posted · Report post

It IS worse, but the difference in you and I is that you don't really care about the "why?" all you care about is how you can fix it to suit your skewed reality.

... and I think you know as well as I that the only baby-daddy segments that get sensationalized are those of African Americans. You've seen the same animated .gifs everyone has. Don't play innocent.

Actually, Maury has as many Baby Daddy segments with white's as he does african americans.

Posted · Report post

The more serious question is do why does G5 and Mad Hatter know so much about the Maury show?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I was folding clothes at the beach during Memorial Day weekend and the beach house we were at only had 5 channels and that was one and someone left it on.  Quite a spectacle.