Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Fathers day!

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Actually, Maury has as many Baby Daddy segments with white's as he does african americans.

A. I don't care. It's scripted BS just like most "reality" TV, and is intended to coddle to the uneducated populace.

B. I don't recall seeing any animated .gifs made or posted concerning white baby daddy reactions.

C. The term "baby daddy" itself is pretty understood by most people to have been originated by one race.

Posted · Report post

Good lord Bronn.....grow up.

Even with Maury, it's a farking race issue with you.

Nothing can be brought up around you without that being the angle in which you approach the subject.

Posted · Report post

still waiting for G5's reply to this

i would argue [poverty] is the driving force behind these problems, and causes self-perpetuating cycles of destructive behavior. in sociological circles the term for it is a "culture of poverty." 

Posted · Report post

still waiting for G5's reply to this

Pretty sure I intimated at that when I suggested it was a generational thing with regard to what the person grew up knowing.  That could be poverty in this situation or simply the lack of two parents.  Statistically they are one in the same.

The solution isn't simply an awareness of a problem, but what can/should be done to remedy it. 

Posted · Report post

Pretty sure I intimated at that when I suggested it was a generational thing with regard to what the person grew up knowing.  That could be poverty in this situation or simply the lack of two parents.  Statistically they are one in the same.

The solution isn't simply an awareness of a problem, but what can/should be done to remedy it. 

i don't think that's really addressing it, it's dismissing it in favor of simple, inaccurate commentary that fits the boostraps framework through which you seem to think, as though we live in a vacuum and there are no contributing factors that complicate it.

carry on

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Oh good, it's been weeks since we've had " It's not about race! I just want to know what's wrong with black people." thread.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Oh good, it's been weeks since we've had " It's not about race! I just want to know what's wrong with black culture." thread.

fixd
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

i don't think that's really addressing it, it's dismissing it in favor of simple, inaccurate commentary that fits the boostraps framework through which you seem to think, as though we live in a vacuum and there are no contributing factors that complicate it.

carry on

Philly I admire your quest to find the "bigger picture " factors that contribute to why "they are."

I just think it is lost and not worth the quest for some....

Someone had to vote for David Duke at one time.

Posted · Report post

David Duke...really?

Posted · Report post

From the Duke of Hazzard?

Posted · Report post

Seems like we have had this discussion hundreds of times by different thread names.

Chicken or the egg?

Poverty begats bad choices or bad choices begets poverty. Could be argued all day.

Either way, the fact that one parent households, no matter the color, are going to have it exponentially harder, is a given.

I think we have also discussed governments role in this, but again, chicken or the egg, does the government help those in need, or by their misguided efforts, create need?

Posted · Report post

^neither of those questions are up for debate in academia

but i know blah blah ivory towers my ignorance is as good as your knowledge personal responsibility

1 person likes this